I really want overseas manufactures to come to our sport.

Honda,Volkswagan and Nissan are my top 3.

I would want Dodge to come back,but I think the only team that would support them is PRM.

Again...as long as there is a V8 need in NASCAR, Honda will not enter.

http://jalopnik.com/why-won-t-honda-make-a-v8-1710615493

The 4 speed transmission is dead in terms of production, and the V8 is near dead even within luxury cars. It took NASCAR decades to apply fuel injection, so the France family will be forced with their dead hands to change rules.

Plus, Honda just took a $400 million hit due to the Tataka airbag recall and it will keep rising. Why spend more $$$ on a V8 which will hit production?

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150612/OEM11/150619951?template=mobile&X-IgnoreUserAgent=1

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Results from a Wet & Wild Michigan race...

1. Kurt Busch

2. Earnhardt Jr.

3. Truex Jr.

4. Kenseth

5. Logano

6. Keselowski

7. McMurray

8. Menard

9. Bayne

10. Bowyer

The Busch brothers sweep Michigan & it was a crazy race, it rained off & on, Harvick had some rotten luck, Ty Dillon looked strong & Kyle Larson almost won it. Next up, Sonoma!

baltimoreravens.png

If AJ can do it,he'll be the first since Juan won Glen back in 10.

You have to give kudos to Bayne.After a rough start to the season,he gets his first top ten with Roush.

If Larson didn't pit,we could have had another first time winner.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Hmmm, this should be interesting....

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/6/16/nascar-new-aero-package-kentucky-speedway-sprint-cup.html

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams will compete at Kentucky Speedway next month with a new aerodynamic package that creates less downforce on today's cars and could help produce more side-by-side competition.

NASCAR Executive Vice President and Chief Racing Development Officer Steve O'Donnell made the confirmation Tuesday.

To help teams prepare for the change, Sprint Cup officials will hold an extended practice session, likely four hours total, on Wednesday, July 8, at the 1.5-mile track located in Sparta, Kentucky. The Quaker State 400 Presented by Advance Auto Parts is scheduled for Saturday night, July 11 (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN, PRN, SiriusXM).

According to O’Donnell, the spoiler height will be reduced from 6 inches to 3½ inches and the splitter extension panel (radiator pan) decreased from 38 inches to 25 inches. Additionally, the splitter will have 1¾ inches less overhang than the current splitter.

Initially, a version of the rules package that included lowering the spoiler height as well as changes to the splitter and splitter extension panel was scheduled to debut next year. But with this year's lower downforce/less horsepower platform resulting in a continued increase in corner speeds and a fall-off in the amount of green-flag passes, officials stepped up their efforts to get the changes in place ahead of schedule.

The 2015 and proposed '16 changes specifically target competition on the speedways, those tracks that are more than a mile and up to two miles in length. They have little or no impact on short tracks and road courses while the series' two superspeedways, Daytona International Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway, have a separate rules package in place.

So far from what I've read from online, the reaction to this is mixed, some say the cars will be too loose, some say this is what NASCAR needs for their drivers to be competitive. Some say that the cars will be too slow.

Thoughts?

baltimoreravens.png

File this under the "I feel old" category: Ross Kenseth, son of Matt Kenseth of the NSCS, will make his Xfinity series debut this Saturday night at Chicagoland.

I tend to forget he was champ all the way back in '03 and the last Winston Cup champ at that...

Can we have another family dynasty in NASCAR? I just hope that Ross is good.

And Jamie Mac is having the best start of his career. Remember,he has won the pole at Somana 3 times and is always a threat there. Just hope that he gets in the Chase.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

People think NASCAR's future was bleak, but honestly; it's bright and brimming with potential.

Kyle Larson, Chase Elliot, the Dillon boys, Ross Kenseth, Erik Jones are just a few of the new guard that is coming into the NSCS and the sport should be fine.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Can anyone remember the last time a Fox announcer criticized NASCAR for being wrong? I can't.

Yet again, NASCAR screws up, but still manages to punish the drivers instead of doing the right thing.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Can anyone remember the last time a Fox announcer criticized NASCAR for being wrong? I can't.

Yet again, NASCAR screws up, but still manages to punish the drivers instead of doing the right thing.

Care to explain? I've been on the road all day and never was able to watch the race (never would've been able to anyway since they moved it to Fs2

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Care to explain? I've been on the road all day and never was able to watch the race (never would've been able to anyway since they moved it to Fs2

During a caution, NASCAR told spotters that pit road was open, BUT the flag man and light operator at pit opening didn't get the notice, and had red light and flag displayed. About 20 cars came down, several stayed out. As soon as the last car passed the light, it went green. NASCAR penalized those that came in, even thought it was NASCAR's fault.

Again, they can't admit their mistakes quickly.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

I just have to say nascar is so stupid allowing fox to broadcast the races on Fox Sports 1 rather than regular fox to be road cast nationally. I get that fox wants more people to buy fs1 but nascar should hold its ground and say national broadcasting or they will find another broadcaster who will. Right now they are losing a lot of fans unable to watch the races.

I just have to say nascar is so stupid allowing fox to broadcast the races on Fox Sports 1 rather than regular fox to be road cast nationally. I get that fox wants more people to buy fs1 but nascar should hold its ground and say national broadcasting or they will find another broadcaster who will. Right now they are losing a lot of fans unable to watch the races.

You realize that these sumner races were TNT for the last 14 years, right?

They are not "losing fans" because of races on a cable network.

You realize that these sumner races were TNT for the last 14 years, right?

They are not "losing fans" because of races on a cable network.

atleast on TNT you could still watch the races every week with out buying a new package

Archived