Bumping for two reasons:

1.The aero package will be used for several tracks this season:

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/7/7/rules-package-sprint-cup-darlington-low-downforce-kentucky-indianapolis-michigan.html

2.Buddy Baker,1980 Daytona 500 champion,has been revealed to have cancer.

Wish the best of luck for him.

should have never changed from last years package, it was absolutely perfect, I don't know why they decided to cut horsepower on the cars.

Because of "what happened" on Monday morning.

NASCAR is trying to keep everyone safe,on and off the track,so they decided to listen to the drivers.

And the drivers got what the wanted.

then create a larger restrictor plate/more drag package just for restrictor plate tracks since blow overs aren't a problem at the other tracks

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping for two reasons:

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/7/7/rules-package-sprint-cup-darlington-low-downforce-kentucky-indianapolis-michigan.html

should have never changed from last years package, it was absolutely perfect, I don't know why they decided to cut horsepower on the cars.

NASCAR is trying to keep everyone safe,on and off the track,so they decided to listen to the drivers.

I predict tire issues at Indy like 2008.

#kentuckygate

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Bumping for two reasons:

then create a larger restrictor plate/more drag package just for restrictor plate tracks since blow overs aren't a problem at the other tracks

Bingo!

And the 15" tire needs to increase.

There goes the catchfence again.........

During tonight's Truck race at Kentucky,when Ben Kennedy climbed the wall and ripped the catchfence.Kennedy's torn up race truck looks close like Austin Dillion's crash Monday.

Leave it to John Wes Townley to send someone into the fence at a 1.5 mile track... But seriously, take these last two incidents and put them back over 10 years ago and we have something more serious on our hands than some bumps and bruises. I applaud NASCAR for making these cockpits of these cars and trucks as safe as they are. The only thing needing seriously addressed is the roof and a pillars of the cars and making them stronger. If Austin Dillon had hit roof first at Daytona instead of nose/bottom first, it would have been a gruesome and tragic ending.

I wouldn't say Dillon and Kennedy's crashes resemble eachother other than they got in the fence. Dillon flipped over two lanes and landed completely in the fence. Kennedy got turned and pushed up there. NASCAR is going to improve. They didn't even have walls at one point, or fences. In 5 years, I'd imagine every track will have SAFER barriers 360° around and safer cars/stronger fences. :censored:, If they didn't make these improvements from the past, there would be way more deaths. I feel like everything they've done since 2001 has been great and they just have to keep going with more real life race situations. They just need more than a week to think of an idea. They can't really do anything until concepts and teste are done, and generally crashes into the fence are rare.

Kyle Busch takes a pretty good race -- better than most half-miles have been this season, anyways. I wish the back and forth between Logano and Busch had come about twenty laps later, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

Results from Kentucky:

1.Kyle Busch

2. Logano

3. Hamlin

4. Edwards

5. Kenseth

6. Keselowski

7. Gordon

8. Harvick

9. Johnson

10. Kurt Busch

First off... I love this new package. I mean, just the last 20 laps alone was worth it. They're were many contenders, a lot of passing, a lot of comebacks. This is how it's done. I look forward to the next races that will test the aero package again. Next up New Hampshire.

EDIT: Eldora is this Wednesday!!!

baltimoreravens.png

Results from Kentucky:

1.Kyle Busch

2. Logano

3. Hamlin

4. Edwards

5. Kenseth

6. Keselowski

7. Gordon

8. Harvick

9. Johnson

10. Kurt Busch

First off... I love this new package. I mean, just the last 20 laps alone was worth it. They're were many contenders, a lot of passing, a lot of comebacks. This is how it's done. I look forward to the next races that will test the aero package again. Next up New Hampshire.

EDIT: Eldora is this Wednesday!!!

It will be better once Goodyear gets the right tire for the package!

I love the internet "experts," saying that the package helps Gibbs and Penske, hurts Hendrick. Um, Gibbs and Penske were ALWAYS good there AND Hendrick wasn't. Status Quo there.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

There wasn't any tire problems.....good.

That battle with 20 to go made me love the new package,and congrats for Rowdy,getting his second win of the season!

A great run by JGR,and a pretty good run for Trevor Bayne.Running good all day,came up in 13th after a 9th place finish at Daytona.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Even though Kyle led a ton of laps, it felt completely different from when his brother Kurt dominated at Richmond.

When Kurt took the lead for good that day, it would have taken a miracle for anyone to pass him.

Here, Kyle didn't have it quite as easy tonight. He led his laps and won, but it was a hard-fought 100+ lap leading win.

So apparently Chevy is discontinuing the SS (if I'm late to the party please let me know). Once it reaches NASCAR, which car will replace the SS? Will they go back to the Impala, will camaro finally make the jump to Sprint Cup, or will Chevy develop a new car?

Results from New Hampshire

1. Kyle Busch

2. Keselowski

3. Harvick

4. Logano

5. Earnhardt Jr.

6. Kenseth

7. Edwards

8. Dillon

9. Gordon

10. Kurt Busch

It almost seemed like Kes was going to catch him but caution seemed to hit at the right time. Kyle took the gamble & it paid off. Next up, one of my other favorite races, Indianapolis!

baltimoreravens.png

Results from New Hampshire

1. Kyle Busch

2. Keselowski

3. Harvick

4. Logano

5. Earnhardt Jr.

6. Kenseth

7. Edwards

8. Dillon

9. Gordon

10. Kurt Busch

It almost seemed like Kes was going to catch him but caution seemed to hit at the right time. Kyle took the gamble & it paid off. Next up, one of my other favorite races, Indianapolis!

Even if he caught him, he wasn't going to pass him without a caution flying before the final lap

While Kyle Busch doing what he's doing is awesome, I still don't think a potential series champion should miss 1/3 of the season.

I was talking about this with my brother today: If NASCAR was like Golf/Tennis, what would be the Four Majors?

Daytona 500, Coke 600, and Brickyard seem like the obvious three, but what would the fourth be? Martinsville, Bristol, Daytona Nigh Race, Darlington?

While Kyle Busch doing what he's doing is awesome, I still don't think a potential series champion should miss 1/3 of the season.

I was talking about this with my brother today: If NASCAR was like Golf/Tennis, what would be the Four Majors?

Daytona 500, Coke 600, and Brickyard seem like the obvious three, but what would the fourth be? Martinsville, Bristol, Daytona Nigh Race, Darlington?

Daytona/600/Southern 500/Brickyard

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Man,that was a great race.....

Again,Kyle Busch dominating,his 3rd win in 4 races.

For me,the Big 4 is:

Daytona 500,Coke 600,Brickyard 400,Southern 500

Also,they need to set up something close to the Winston Million or No Bull 5 again.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Archived