FUN FACT:This is the first time that the 19 has won since Michigan in 2005 when Jeremy Mayfield won.

And we know what happened next with him.

If NASCAR finds anything in Carl's system, it will be high amounts of Subway condiments LOL

Probably a lot of Subway's new guacamole. XD

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FUN FACT:This is the first time that the 19 has won since Michigan in 2005 when Jeremy Mayfield won.

Honestly, it surprises me that Mayfield won a race that late. I know he was in the inaugural Chase, but man... 2005? He seems like a late-90s flash in the pan to me. Maybe it's the off-the-track incidents that are overshadowing everything, but that he won in 2005 seems weird to me.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Results from Dover:

1. Johnson

2. Harvick

3. Larson

4. Khane

5. Almirola

6. Truex Jr.

7. McMurray

8. Menard

9. Bowyer

10. Gordon

Jimmie gets his 10th win at the Monster Mile. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprise if we see him hoisting a 7th Sprint Cup trophy. It was a rough day for the JGR guys & Truex Jr. was so close but yet so far. Next up, Pocono.

baltimoreravens.png

Honestly, it surprises me that Mayfield won a race that late. I know he was in the inaugural Chase, but man... 2005? He seems like a late-90s flash in the pan to me. Maybe it's the off-the-track incidents that are overshadowing everything, but that he won in 2005 seems weird to me.

In fairness, he did have some good runs that year- 4th at the Coke 600/Brickyard, 7th at Sonoma.

(Sidenote- I own 6 Mayfield #19 diecasts and a Mobil #12 from way back when and I always liked his cars)

So some NASCAR drivers met with officials and had a round table on how to improve the sport.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2015/05/31/nascar-drivers-council-dover-downs/28259865/

Related article, Harvick thinks they need to mix the schedule up a bit because it's "stagnant"
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2015/05/01/kevin-harvick-nascar-schedule-changes/26714155/

That lead me to work up my own custom schedule because it wouldn't hurt anyone. I was telling my roommate how I don't hate Dover, it just doesn't need to be on the schedule twice. Basically, only 4 tracks would have two events. The other 28 would have one. I put geography for the main reason behind the decisions, whether it was for road trip reasons or weather.

So Daytona and Atlanta, the same as now. Then a west coast trip. Come back east and hit up two clasic tracks. Gateway is in a good market, and a good mid way to Dallas. Bristol is moved back for weather. Dega and Kansas like now to start may. I moved the All-Star Race to the half way point. To make up for the current 2 week stay at home, pay me to remodel North Wilkesboro. Then Charlotte for Memorial Day. Then NASCAR goes north. Milwaukee and Iowa get a race, then hit Pocono on the way North East to Loudon and Montreal. Rotating All-Star race with a better format.Then the second half. Daytona for July 4th, and then 3 tracks going north. After Michigan, a western trip to Austin(which was in the chase but didn't want to mess with Longhorns football) and Pikes Peak as a breather for Furniture Row(and Denver would be cool). Bristol and Richmond before the chase like now. Darlington is the host of the first chase race. The Glen and Dover follow. The 2nd round is Chicago, a re-opened Nashville(could be a major market) and Dega. 3rd round is similar to the current with Martinsville, then a desert trip to Vegas and Phoenix. All finishing in Homestead.

Would it improve the sport? Who knows. I spread it to several different markets that the sport doesnt cover. One race would make the tickets less available and would most likely increase attendance based on only one date to go.

33oqfmc.png

So some NASCAR drivers met with officials and had a round table on how to improve the sport.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2015/05/31/nascar-drivers-council-dover-downs/28259865/

Related article, Harvick thinks they need to mix the schedule up a bit because it's "stagnant"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2015/05/01/kevin-harvick-nascar-schedule-changes/26714155/

That lead me to work up my own custom schedule because it wouldn't hurt anyone. I was telling my roommate how I don't hate Dover, it just doesn't need to be on the schedule twice. Basically, only 4 tracks would have two events. The other 28 would have one. I put geography for the main reason behind the decisions, whether it was for road trip reasons or weather.

So Daytona and Atlanta, the same as now. Then a west coast trip. Come back east and hit up two clasic tracks. Gateway is in a good market, and a good mid way to Dallas. Bristol is moved back for weather. Dega and Kansas like now to start may. I moved the All-Star Race to the half way point. To make up for the current 2 week stay at home, pay me to remodel North Wilkesboro. Then Charlotte for Memorial Day. Then NASCAR goes north. Milwaukee and Iowa get a race, then hit Pocono on the way North East to Loudon and Montreal. Rotating All-Star race with a better format.Then the second half. Daytona for July 4th, and then 3 tracks going north. After Michigan, a western trip to Austin(which was in the chase but didn't want to mess with Longhorns football) and Pikes Peak as a breather for Furniture Row(and Denver would be cool). Bristol and Richmond before the chase like now. Darlington is the host of the first chase race. The Glen and Dover follow. The 2nd round is Chicago, a re-opened Nashville(could be a major market) and Dega. 3rd round is similar to the current with Martinsville, then a desert trip to Vegas and Phoenix. All finishing in Homestead.

Would it improve the sport? Who knows. I spread it to several different markets that the sport doesnt cover. One race would make the tickets less available and would most likely increase attendance based on only one date to go.

33oqfmc.png

I have to agree with Harvick, the schedule needs fixing. The one thing you constantly see with other racing series, is that they race in one track, never twice. Although if I can make one suggestion in fact its even a rumor going on is that Road Atlanta could join the fray. Now, as much as I would love to see Nascar in COTA, I don't see that happening as long as Uncle Bernie has his way. I'd love to see North Wilkesboro come back, same with gateway but unfortunately, they need some serious upgrades before that happens. I'd also consider Virginia International Raceway & Road America as well. The idea of changing the all star race to different areas would also be a great idea, it would give the race more meaning!

baltimoreravens.png

Results from Pocono

1. Truex Jr.

2. Harvick

3. Johnson

4. Logano

5. Kurt Busch

6. Kenseth

7. McMurray

8. Larson

9. Kyle Busch

10. Hamlin

FINALLY!!!! Truex Jr. got that win, first win for Furniture Row Racing, all well deserved. I'd almost say this was one of the better Pocono races! Next up, Michigan.

baltimoreravens.png

Results from Pocono

1. Truex Jr.

2. Harvick

3. Johnson

4. Logano

5. Kurt Busch

6. Kenseth

7. McMurray

8. Larson

9. Kyle Busch

10. Hamlin

FINALLY!!!! Truex Jr. got that win, SECOND win for Furniture Row Racing, all well deserved. I'd almost say this was one of the better Pocono races! Next up, Michigan.

FTFY. They won Darlington 2011 with Regan Smith.

Good race today. Don't know what happened to Gordon. Happy for Truex and his win. If he keeps this up, he'll most certainly be competing for the title in Homestead.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Very popular with the NASCAR media and drivers as well. Most of the drivers, you know, are chuckling inside, thinking, "Oh what might have been Michael Waltrip Racing if you didn't try some S&*^!"

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Results from Pocono

1. Truex Jr.

2. Harvick

3. Johnson

4. Logano

5. Kurt Busch

6. Kenseth

7. McMurray

8. Larson

9. Kyle Busch

10. Hamlin

FINALLY!!!! Truex Jr. got that win, SECOND win for Furniture Row Racing, all well deserved. I'd almost say this was one of the better Pocono races! Next up, Michigan.

FTFY. They won Darlington 2011 with Regan Smith.

Good race today. Don't know what happened to Gordon. Happy for Truex and his win. If he keeps this up, he'll most certainly be competing for the title in Homestead.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Either way, both Truex & Furniture row were great today & hopefully this will be the beginning of something good for both!

baltimoreravens.png

On a fan scale of 1-10, I'm maybe at a 2. I might've been a 5 or 6 just a few years ago.

I'd like to see a couple more road courses during the season, & especially one during the Chase. The Chase should determine the best all around driver, & including the most variety of circuits would show they mean it.

I say that as an auto racing fan, which I'm more of for F1 & Indy than NASCAR.

I like that Harvick mentioned Montreal there, isn't it NASCAR's Canadian Tire series that already/has raced there successfully? Not to mention racing outside the US could only help its brand imo.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I like that Harvick mentioned Montreal there, isn't it NASCAR's Canadian Tire series that already/has raced there successfully? Not to mention racing outside the US could only help its brand imo.

They had it on the Nationwide (now Xfinity) Circuit for a few years. But when the Montreal race planners wanted a Sprint Cup date; the Nationwide season planners took the season date from them and gave it to Mid-Ohio.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived