Well.... Well.... Well.... Perhaps I spoke too soon about Silly Season

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Closing-Bell/2015/07/29/MWR.aspx

Michael Waltrip Racing principal Owner Rob Kauffman is close to purchasing Felix Sabates’ stake in Chip Ganassi Racing, according to multiple industry sources, which would cause Kauffman to drop his affiliation with MWR if the sale is completed.

Sources said that Kauffman would take one of the two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series entries at MWR – the No. 15 Toyota driven by Clint Bowyer – with him to CGR. Because MWR's sponsors, including 5-Hour Energy, Aaron’s, Peak, AAA and Maxwell House, have yet to determine their next move, it is unclear whether the operation, which also has the No. 55 currently driven by David Ragan, would form an alliance or merge with another team, or pursue some other option. CGR execs had no comment; MWR did not respond to e-mails by presstime.

Bowyer in a Hendrick engine, that could be very beneficial however, this would be a huge blow to MWR if they don't merge.

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow....wonder Chip Ganssi Racing with Rob Kauffman.Weird things happen.......

As for the 55,I expect that team to merge BK Racing (Uh-oh) and add JGR engines to that racing stable.

JGR doesn't make engines for cup, only TRD makes Toyota cup engines.

So from what I understand... Clint Bowyer and the 15 will move to CGR essentially forcing MWR to merge with them? If so a team lineup consisting of Jamie McMurray(1), Clint Bowyer(15), Kyle Larson(42), & David Ragan?(55) doesn't sound bad at all

So from what I understand... Clint Bowyer and the 15 will move to CGR essentially forcing MWR to merge with them? If so a team lineup consisting of Jamie McMurray(1), Clint Bowyer(15), Kyle Larson(42), & David Ragan?(55) doesn't sound bad at all

Ladies and gentleman,the next dark empire of NASCAR.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

The next dark empire is a bit of a stretch since you do have likeable guys in Jamie Mac, Larson!, and Ragan. Bowyer's the only one people don't like out of that four; what with the "Spin Heard 'Round the World" in Richmond 2013.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

The next dark empire is a bit of a stretch since you do have likeable guys in Jamie Mac, Larson!, and Ragan. Bowyer's the only one people don't like out of that four; what with the "Spin Heard 'Round the World" in Richmond 2013.

Boywer's Darth Vader.

You've got the 2010 Brickyard and Daytona 500 winner,a upcoming great driver,and one of the greats at restrictor plates.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Boywer's Darth Vader.

You've got the 2010 Brickyard and Daytona 500 winner,a upcoming great driver,and one of the greats at restrictor plates.

which one is "one of the greats at restrictor plates" because if it's not Jamie Mac it isn't any of the other drivers they got.

So the worst kept secret in NASCAR finally happened, despite Felix's denial....

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/7/30/michael-waltrip-racing-chip-ganassi-racing-partnership.html

Michael Waltrip Racing co-owner Rob Kauffman has agreed to purchase an interest in Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates, according to statements from the two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series organizations.

According to a statement from MWR, the "companies will continue to operate separately and compete against each other for the remainder of the 2015 season. They are also currently evaluating ways to field the most competitive race teams possible to provide an excellent platform for their partners and employees for the 2016 and beyond."

How the move will impact the number of teams involved has yet to be determined, although it appears likely that the re-tooled CGR will be a three-team effort in 2016. What that means for co-owner Michael Waltrip and MWR going forward is also unknown at this time.

Sponsorship agreements with Aaron's and manufacturer support with Toyota are scheduled to conclude at the end of '15.

Yeah, I'm thinking Bowyer will be on this team now, Ragan will probably be gone along with Aaron's who may go to Chase Elliot (I believed Aaron's sponsored him before in ARCA (kind of ironic that this would happen, that Chase would get both of Mikey's sponsor's). The question is now, what will happen at MWR? Is it over?

baltimoreravens.png

So the worst kept secret in NASCAR finally happened, despite Felix's denial....

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/7/30/michael-waltrip-racing-chip-ganassi-racing-partnership.html

Michael Waltrip Racing co-owner Rob Kauffman has agreed to purchase an interest in Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates, according to statements from the two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series organizations.

According to a statement from MWR, the "companies will continue to operate separately and compete against each other for the remainder of the 2015 season. They are also currently evaluating ways to field the most competitive race teams possible to provide an excellent platform for their partners and employees for the 2016 and beyond."

How the move will impact the number of teams involved has yet to be determined, although it appears likely that the re-tooled CGR will be a three-team effort in 2016. What that means for co-owner Michael Waltrip and MWR going forward is also unknown at this time.

Sponsorship agreements with Aaron's and manufacturer support with Toyota are scheduled to conclude at the end of '15.

Yeah, I'm thinking Bowyer will be on this team now, Ragan will probably be gone along with Aaron's who may go to Chase Elliot (I believed Aaron's sponsored him before in ARCA (kind of ironic that this would happen, that Chase would get both of Mikey's sponsor's). The question is now, what will happen at MWR? Is it over?

In the Trucks too.

Also,this may be one of the biggest ownership moves since DEI merged with Gannasi.

Well done,Rob Kauffman,well done.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Kasey Kahne had a nasty lick to the pit wall, causing a 10-minute delay to weld the pit wall together where he hit (it was in the stall of the #32 car of Timmy Hill).

And just a few minutes ago; Kevin Harvick's engine expired going into Turn 3 and his day is done.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Kasey Kahne had a nasty lick to the pit wall, causing a 10-minute delay to weld the pit wall together where he hit (it was in the stall of the #32 car of Timmy Hill).

And just a few minutes ago; Kevin Harvick's engine expired going into Turn 3 and his day is done.

I was at Outback and when I saw that I went,"Holy :censored: !"

Also,it is very odd that Harvick had a bad day.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

A lot of secondary/unusual sponsorships on the cars today. It's just odd to look at.

Junior, instead of Mountain Dew or Nationwide, sponsored by... Windows?

McMurray... instead of McDonalds... Lexar?

Kasey Kahne... instead of Farmers/Great Clips... Aquafina?

Clint Bowyer... instead of 5-Hour Energy... Maxwell House?

Carl Edwards... instead of Subway/Arris... Stanley?

I realize more than a few of those have run before, but it's weird to see them all on the track at the same time.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

A lot of secondary/unusual sponsorships on the cars today. It's just odd to look at.

Junior sponsored by... Windows?

McMurray... Lexar?

Kasey Kahne... Aquafina?

Clint Bowyer... Maxwell House?

Carl Edwards... Stanley?

Austin Dillion....American Ethonal?

I realize more than a few of those have run before, but it's weird to see them all on the track at the same time.

Fixed it.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Archived