I still think Harvick is the man to beat for the championship. JGR may be tough to beat and getting wins, but Harvick gets second every damn race, and that's enough to win a championship -- plus, that Phoenix race before Homestead is a huge advantage for him given his dominance there.

Gordon's had a nightmare of a year. His pit crew has been terrible all season. But boy, that 24 car was a beauty.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Results from Bristol:

1. Logano

2. Harvick

3. Hamlin

4. Johnson

5. Bowyer

6. Keselowski

7. Edwards

8. Kyle Busch

9. Earnhardt Jr.

10. Newman

So close but yet so far for Harvick, traffic hit & it was hard to catch Logano. He just looked good, just like last season. Next up, the track too tough to tame, the lady in black herself Darlington.

Harvick wasn't going to catch Logano tonight. It was evident his car was pushing center off, and Logano car was working so he could cut his car in the corners.

Could someone else run a Budweiser car?

Doubt it. It's the same company (Anhueser-Busch). If so, it would most likely be someone already in SHR. Again, it's the same company, just swapping out products on the car. Would be like a Coca-cola sponsored car switching to Sprite or Mello Yellow.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Ouch!

Even accounting for the move from broadcast to cable, Saturday’s NASCAR race from Bristol was a poor draw in the metered markets (Sports Media Watch).

NASCAR Sprint Cup racing from Bristol (TN) earned a 1.9 overnight rating on NBCSN Saturday night, down 44% from last year (3.4) and down 49% from 2013 (3.7), both on ABC. The 1.9 is the second-lowest for any Sprint Cup race this season, ahead of only a 1.5 for Kansas on Fox Sports 1 in May.

Including the Kentucky race on NBCSN last month (2.0), the three Saturday night races on cable this season have been the three lowest rated in the metered markets.

Overall, 12 of the 13 Sprint Cup races on cable have had a decline in overnight ratings, with the aforementioned Kentucky race the lone exception.

UPDATE 8/24: Post updated to correct previous years’ data on ABC.

Dale Jr. to race a Valvoline scheme inspired by a scheme run by the great Cale Yarborough in the Southern 500.

88C15_Valvoline_Throwback_main.jpg

Cale and Buddy Baker as well - a fitting tribute. Both Cale and Buddy are also from very near Darlington - Timmonsville and Florence, respectively.

2e4fed80e3fcc7df6b49e8c7bc008866.jpg

Similar Valvoline cars were also driven by, in decreasing order of importance: Neil Bonnett, Morgan Shepherd, Ron Bouchard, Joe Ruttman, and Greg Sacks.

75Valvolineref-vi.jpg98Valvolinerefa-vi.jpg

50Valvolineref-vi.jpg198547buickregalvalvolineronbouchard.jpg

21, 75, 98, 47, and 50 on essentially the same car. It's like the NASCAR equivalent of MiLB teams using an edited version of the parent team's logo. Personally, I love it.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Dale Jr to run throwback Valvoline paint scheme at Darlington

Kevin Harvick to swap Budweiser for Busch in 2016

I imagine it'll be half blue/half white (top blue, top white) with the in-between area being an ice/frost/mountain design with red numbers.

Interestingly, despite being the title sponsor of the Busch Pole and Busch Series for years, Busch hasn't sponsored many cars.

Cale Yarbrough in a #11 Busch car in 1979 or 1980:

CaleYarboroughBusch.jpg

And a cooler (IMO, though the numbers suck) design with the mountains over the wheelwell:

4e23c29d2d87e72be77987e6e4c78d78.jpg

Busch also had branded show cars for a few years when they sponsored the Busch Series:

busch3.jpg

busch2.jpg

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• 2 weeks later...

You can see all of the throwback paints, plus vote for your favorite here

(I wanted to make a separate thread over in the Sports Logo Thread, but there's to many pictures to post at once)

My Top 5.

1.) Menard

2.) Larson

3.) Steinhouse

4.) Logano

5.) Jeb Burton

My Bottom 5.

5.) Biffle

4.) Blaney

3.) Yeley

2.) Cassill

1.) Hornish

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

I'm surprised they're counting Danica's as a throwback. It's in honor of the track's Lady in Black nickname, not something GoDaddy or Danica have used before.

I really like Kurt's scheme, even if it isn't as old as some of the others. Needs to be in the rotation, probably for night races.

EDIT: Just realized that Mark Martin's late 90's scheme was a bunch of Vs for the red and light blue. They replicated that with the AdvoCare A for Bayne. Top 5 for me along with Jr., Almirola, Larson, and Harvick (saw that car at SHR a while back in person; beautiful car).

This is arguably one of the most astheticly(sp?) pleasing races since the 90's.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Found on Jayski...

Claire B. Lang reported on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio Friday evening that Clint Bowyer would move to HScott Motorsports in 2016 and then on to Stewart-Haas Racing in 2017 to replace Tony Stewart.(9-5-2015)

In all honesty, this wouldn't surprise me, I think he would be a good fit at Stewart Haas Racing.

OMFG! Just what Stewart-Haas needs!

Get your Periscope and Twitter accounts ready, this will be funny!!!!

And great for Clint!

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Archived