• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This just in...

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/13758751/tony-stewart-plans-retire-2016-season

Tony Stewart, a three-time Sprint Cup Series champion, plans to retire after the 2016 season, team and industry sources told ESPN's Marty Smith.

Mired in one of the worst seasons of his career at 25th in the standings, Stewart will run one final season before handing over the driving duties of the Stewart-Haas Racing No. 14 car to Clint Bowyer, sources said.

I'm not at all surprised by this news, but I wouldn't be honest if I said I wasn't bummed about hearing this. Hopefully he'll have one more win before calling it a career.

baltimoreravens.png

Results from New Hampshire:

1. Kenseth

2. Hamlin

3. Logano

4. Biffle

5. Edwards

6. Johnson

7. Gordon

8. Truex Jr.

9. Khane

10. Newman

Keselowski was busted for the restart & Harvick, Kurt Busch, Junior all ran out of gas. Bottom 4 include, Harvick, Bowyer, Menard, & Kyle Busch so this could get real ugly, real quick.

Next up, Dover where 4 drivers will be eliminated.

NASA can find liquid water on Mars, but NASCAR can't tell Biffle spun his tires on the restart? Or is NASCAR being consistent in their inconsistency?

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Ratings are continuing to struggle on NBCSN.

Per Sports Media Watch.

NASCAR Sprint Cup racing from New Hampshire drew a 1.7 overnight rating on NBCSN Sunday, down 23% from both last year and 2013, when the race aired on ESPN (2.2). The 1.7 is tied as the second-lowest for any NASCAR race this season, matching Richmond two weeks earlier and ahead of only Kansas on Fox Sports 1 in May (1.5).

So far this season, five Sprint Cup races have failed to hit a 2.0 overnight rating — compared to zero such races last year.

Sunday’s race was the 15th of 16 on cable this season to have a decline in overnight ratings, with the July race from Kentucky the lone exception.

Results from Dover:

1. Harvick

2. Kyle Busch

3. Earnhardt Jr.

4. McMurray

5. Almirola

6. Khane

7. Kenseth

8. Stenhouse Jr.

9. Larson

10. Logano

McMurray, Menard, Bowyer & Jimmie Johnson have been eliminated from the chase. I don't think any of us had Jimmie getting eliminated that quickly. Harvick drove like he needed to, to survive & advanced as did Junior. To be quite honest, I do feel bad for Jamie Mac.

Next up, the contender round in Charlotte .

baltimoreravens.png

I want to hate all the changes they've made to how they determine a champion, especially this format. But god damn it makes for some exciting racing.

Good, uneventful race for Gordon. Harvick is clutch. That was as impressive a back-to-the-wall performance as you'll see.

IUe6Hvh.png

Andy Lally? Haven't heard that name since he won the Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year, during the Dork Age of that award (2010-2012).

Stephen Leicht? Andy Lally? Kevin Conway?

No one really jumps out in 2015; but 2016 should be a fun battle between Elliott and Blaney.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Oh, phew, it's only the Xfinity side. I remember hearing about that now.

Yeah, that was an odd time for Rookies. We really haven't had a 'great' class since... what, 07? I think that's also the last time a rookie won in their first year of competition (Montoya @ Sonoma).

Hopefully this next class of youngsters can make that happen again. I'm not sure I can handle another Andy Lally winning the awaRd or another guy who is sponsored by a male enhancer (Conway & EXTENZE).

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

A day after Dale Jr and TaxSlayer.com unveiled a new partnership (and a new paint scheme) to bring the company up from JR Motorsports to Hendrick Motorsports, Jr is getting a new sponsor. That sponsor is Axalta. The same sponsor that has been with Jeff Gordon his entire career.

These two new primary sponsors join Nationwide and Diet Mountain Dew as major sponsors for Dale Jr.

A day after Dale Jr and TaxSlayer.com unveiled a new partnership (and a new paint scheme) to bring the company up from JR Motorsports to Hendrick Motorsports, Jr is getting a new sponsor. That sponsor is Axalta. The same sponsor that has been with Jeff Gordon his entire career.

These two new primary sponsors join Nationwide and Diet Mountain Dew as major sponsors for Dale Jr.

Glad Axalta is staying on. Dupont/Axalta with Hendrick is probably the 2nd longest relationship in NASCAR next to STP and Petty. I imagine the scheme to be some sort of throwback design as are most of June Bug's cars.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived