2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

I'm still in such shock over this abomination, please someone tell me I'm in some kind of dream world, post something that will prove to me I'm not in the correct reality!

Stop being ridiculous.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still in such shock over this abomination, please someone tell me I'm in some kind of dream world, post something that will prove to me I'm not in the correct reality!

Phillies payroll : $ 175,996,256.......3rd highest in MLB

Are you in a dream world / trapped in a nightmare ? or is this real life........ who really knows.........hahahaha

:-)

I can't think off the top of my head of a more uninspired hockey uniform. All elements are just recycled from other teams and that Tim Hortons commercial. It wasn't like they used others as a foundation and tweaked a few things. At least the Sabres alternate is different. Terrible yes. Disgusting yes. Makes-me-wanna-gouge-my-eyes-out, yes. But different.

sig.png

I can't think off the top of my head of a more uninspired hockey uniform. All elements are just recycled from other teams and that Tim Hortons commercial. It wasn't like they used others as a foundation and tweaked a few things. At least the Sabres alternate is different. Terrible yes. Disgusting yes. Makes-me-wanna-gouge-my-eyes-out, yes. But different.

I can.

_I9T4257_slide.jpg

Tampa's entire identity is a ripoff of other teams. It's so annoying.

Just be the black and blue team. The stanley cup jerseys sucked, but at least they didn't look like anybody else.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I can.

_I9T4257_slide.jpg

Just be the black and blue team. The stanley cup jerseys sucked, but at least they didn't look like anybody else.

Na, It's the best they've ever looked and the new logo looks great IMO. I'd say it's time to get over it.

The stanley cup jerseys sucked, but at least they didn't look like anybody else.

No, they most certainly did not suck.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I can.

_I9T4257_slide.jpg

The cup winning jerseys were fine, only problem was the logo. Add the 2007 logo to the cup winning jerseys and they have a unique, attractive look that reflects their own history. Besides that, I completely agree with everything you said.

Na, It's the best they've ever looked and the new logo looks great IMO. I'd say it's time to get over it.

Even if the Leafs had never existed, the look would be bland and unattractive.

I can.

_I9T4257_slide.jpg

Those look a lot better, all of a sudden. Maybe that's their plan.

The stanley cup jerseys sucked, but at least they didn't look like anybody else.

No, they most certainly did not suck.

Yes they did and note how I said jerseys and not uniform. The pants and socks were good, but the jerseys lacked any imagination. On TV they looked straight black and white and the blue was too dark to provide any contrast. Big blocks of white on a basic black template with a basic yoke and basic stripes. Very little thought went into their uniforms. Then they monkeyed around with their number font for a decade before settling on a regular block (their best of the three options, I'll admit). Also the logos were amateur hour.

The only good thing about them were the victory stripes. They should've used the stripes they hid in the armpits somewhere on the rest of the jersey.

The 2007 EDGE update was a lateral move.

PvO6ZWJ.png

After looking at the new alternate uniform for Tampa Bay, some thoughts:

- First thought: It looks like a practice jersey. If not for the collar and cuff color, you could slap any logo and numbers on it and not know the difference.

- The "BOLTS" logo needs to be scraped or updated to match the current style of the team. I'd have scraped it for the simple bolt logo with the secondary roundel.

- I wish the Lightning had based the jersey striping on the sock striping. Bland? Yes, but not as bland as the jersey the went with.

Overall, very disappointing, bland, and uninspired jersey. The pants and socks are decent. I like the blue lightning bolt on the pants.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Archived