2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

their rejected 10-template system

What now?

The original RBK Edge system was first introduced to the owners in 2005 with 10 templates, all of them featuring mostly vertical stripes. Teams were to pick their template, and RBK would put the colors in the right places and the logos on. That proposal was rejected, I've heard with 0 owners in favor of it.

They came back in 2006 with a more open premise and it passed, which would mean RBK swayed 16+ owners in one year, which is still suspicious to me. That system was implemented in the 2007-08 season.

I believe some of the remnants of that system that saw the light of day were the template used by the Flyers and Thrashers, the template used by Nashville, Colorado, Florida, and Washington, and the template used by the Penguins, Senators and Lightning (and that Canucks prototype), though there are no photos of what those original 10 designs were.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd imagine this must have been proposed as one of the 2005 designs:

cbcmapleleafs.jpg

I've seen something very similar for the Bruins and Red Wings. Thank goodness they never came to be.

That was CBC's mockup based on the rumors they were hearing. The actual jersey was the hemline-stripeless pajamas they wore until recently

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Pack your whites for trips to Montreal. That's one problem, and I solved it.

I'd say "the league managed to wear white at home and sometimes dark alternates at home without shutting down," but then I remembered the league switched home and away sweaters and then actually did shut down.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived