2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

I wish the wild would do green jersey based off their new road uni

What's the going logic on this subject? I've kind of assumed since the new white alternate came out -- and that it turned out so beautifully -- that the next logical step would be to create a green version to replace the home reds. Maybe that's just been wishful optimism on my part.

Personally, I hate their red jerseys. Anyone have a sense of how popular they are?

The Wild have said that they are not planning for further changes anytime soon. I think the red jersey is still popular but I could be wrong on that. I agree with you, it isn't anything worth keeping. We could use another green team in the NHL. A green version of the new road jersey would be quite nice, even though I like their current forest green and beige alternate jersey.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the 24/7 series makes me really want to see the Ducks do something with their jerseys, from the perspective as a fan of the team and one who buys the jerseys.

You see the Leafs and Red Wings and I feel that they don't have a bad jersey. You can't go wrong in buying or wearing the home, road, alternate (in the Leafs case) or the Winter Classic jerseys. They're both classic sets and memorable sets.

Even for templates we here don't like (Colorado, Florida, Nashville etc.) they've all got nice or unique colours.

The Ducks on the other hand. IMO (even being a Ducks fan) the Ducks jerseys are bland and forgettable. Heck, both their home and alternate jerseys are black.

The best case I see for the Ducks is to promote the alternate to home, make an away version and either use a Mighty Ducks throwback (doubtful) or an orange jersey (not the Stadium Series one) as the alternate.

IEI5Tg1.png

Per Elliot Friedman's 30 thoughts column Adidas wants to switch over the Reebok brand on the uniforms to Adidas. That change may occur as part of an extension on the current deal with Reebok/Adidas that runs through 2017.

May we be seeing the last of the Reebok brand?

Per Elliot Friedman's 30 thoughts column Adidas wants to switch over the Reebok brand on the uniforms to Adidas. That change may occur as part of an extension on the current deal with Reebok/Adidas that runs through 2017.

no-2.jpg

I just thought everyone would enjoy seeing Philadelphia and Hartford playing in long pants:

http://www.instagram.com/p/iUNqpVjbcW

And if you want to see a weird facemask:

http://instagram.com/p/gyXiQODbUz/

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

no-2.jpg

I'm pretty sure Reebok is on it's way out of hockey. They'll probably consolidate all equipment to CCM lines. So I don't know about Adidas taking over, but I don't think Reebok will be around much longer.

What's the going logic on this subject? I've kind of assumed since the new white alternate came out -- and that it turned out so beautifully -- that the next logical step would be to create a green version to replace the home reds. Maybe that's just been wishful optimism on my part.

Personally, I hate their red jerseys. Anyone have a sense of how popular they are?

The Wild have said that they are not planning for further changes anytime soon. I think the red jersey is still popular but I could be wrong on that. I agree with you, it isn't anything worth keeping. We could use another green team in the NHL. A green version of the new road jersey would be quite nice, even though I like their current forest green and beige alternate jersey.

Obviously. When it comes to forging an identity, this organization is about as incompetent as it gets. The road is the only good looking jersey in the set and a green version with white stripes (as opposed to vintage white) would look fantastic. The red jersey with the christmas ornament crest and the green, 1920's fauxback with a phantom yoke (I mean really??) are among the worst in the NHL.

Why oh why couldn't the Ducks have just used dark green in place of black? Oh, that's right, because Brian Burke had a dream that he was the GM of West Point.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wish the wild would do green jersey based off their new road uni

Yeah but on the other hand, they wear their green uniforms really often. It has even become the jersey they give at the draft and EA even put it as their default home in NHL 14. I think (and hope) it will become their primary jersey of that they'll make a matching green jersey based on the road one. In fat, i just hope they kick out the ugly red one for good

I am still hoping that the Blue Jackets promote the third to their primary home and make a matching road.

I'm hoping that this thread produces something more than wild speculation and wishful thinking. We don't always get what we want....

(And for your idea. God no. Death to roundels.)

tigercatssignature-1.png

Considering the team has said they will be wearing the Heritage Classic jersey for at least one home game this year I wouldn't be surprised if the Sens try and keep it around for 2014-15. You see a lot of them at the games on TV already and they'll only get more popular as we get closer to the Heritage Classic. The Kings wore 4 different jerseys for a couple seasons so it's not impossible for them to be allowed to pull it out for a couple games (home or road). This could also be a way to transition from the standard home/road set to the heritage uniforms in a primary role.

(Sorry Evil Doctor but until anything real is announced all I've got is my wishes and speculations)

Icethetics confirms that the Penguins plan to have a retro alternate jersey based on the ones worn for the back-to-back cups in the 90's . They also said said the Islanders plan to make their Stadium Series logo their primary logo (probably for the move to Brooklyn) and that Addidas wants to replace Reebok once their contract expire

Icethetics confirms that the Penguins plan to have a retro alternate jersey based on the ones worn for the back-to-back cups in the 90's . They also said said the Islanders plan to make their Stadium Series logo their primary logo (probably for the move to Brooklyn) and that Addidas wants to replace Reebok once their contract expire

to the islanders thing, as an islanders fan.. NO. that logo is ass on its as a primary. as a third its good but if they replace what they got now, then what makes them the islanders? I can see this team dropping long island from its entire identity, logo , colors, and even jerseys within 5 years. and if Brooklyn fails to draw.. I can see isles gone within 10 years unless the Brooklyn guys move the team back to long island since they got the rights to redevelop the coliseum.

as far as addidas taking over for reebok, how much more can these corporate conglomerates mess up something that didn't need fixing. CCM had the design right, then reebok came in and messed it up. next it will be addidas and then eventually Nike will come in and just ruin this sport aesthetically as they done with the Olympic sweaters

Mets, Jets, Islanders

to the islanders thing, as an islanders fan.. NO. that logo is ass on its as a primary. as a third its good but if they replace what they got now, then what makes them the islanders? I can see this team dropping long island from its entire identity, logo , colors, and even jerseys within 5 years. and if Brooklyn fails to draw.. I can see isles gone within 10 years unless the Brooklyn guys move the team back to long island since they got the rights to redevelop the coliseum.

as far as addidas taking over for reebok, how much more can these corporate conglomerates mess up something that didn't need fixing. CCM had the design right, then reebok came in and messed it up. next it will be addidas and then eventually Nike will come in and just ruin this sport aesthetically as they done with the Olympic sweaters

Seriously. First everything will be three stripes, and then no stripes. I'm so sick of all these ignorant non-hockey people trying to "fix" what didn't need fixing.

As for the Isles, sorry to the fans, but if they're going to turn into some hip Brooklyn team with black and white sweaters and that boring alternate "NY" as their primary logo, just move the team to Quebec and be done with it (Although, conversely, I'd hate to see Quebec end up with a team with such ridiculous ownership and management.)

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

The gameplan isn't to change the logo to the NY stick standalone.. well, at least from the onset. It's looking like the Stadium Series jersey is going to be used as a basis for a new alternate, but the other two uniforms are staying the same for the time being. You know, until the move to Brooklyn's been settled in enough and then a whole #HELLOBROOKLYN rebrand and crap comes out.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Usually nothing of substance until the catalog / icethetics uni watch for next year comes out.

I think the only thing we really know is that Phoenix will become Arizona

You're right. There isn't much until it comes out but, I have good news. It has already been confirmed that the Ducks are promoting their alternate uniform and making a white version of it as their new road uniform and the Penguins will have a new third, which the rumor out right now is that their new third will be the black 1991/92 jerseys. It could be wrong but, I'm pretty sure this is accurate, especially the Ducks since they officially made the Webbed 'D' logo the Primary logo a few months ago. :grin: Also, I thought I'd mention that the Islanders' new 'NY' logo is "ONLY" going to be used for their new alternate jersey when they move to Brooklyn, and the Stadium Series of course. At least that's what the Islanders have said. I hope they keep to their word and leave their identity alone. If they want a new third jersey, that's fine. It isn't like their current third is anything special anyway, though I think the design would look good on a basketball jersey. There's an idea for the Brooklyn Nets if they want a new third jersey.

Been sitting on this for a few weeks from a live chat...

Anaheim Ducks Director of Publications and New Media, Adam Brady confirmed the current Third Jersey will become the new Home Jersey.

b6Q4COY.png

We all knew this was coming and there's been talk of it in this thread. Just good to know that it's actually happening and not something we are just dreaming/hoping for.

I also agree with the talk that there won't be a white version of the current Third Jersey. I too haven't seen a single mockup/concept that looked good enough to be worn on the ice. The design was just not made to be white. We'll either get a new design or keep the current Away Jersey. My money is the current Away Jersey stays for a few more years.

ZcIWjWQ.jpg

#AnaheimDucksGoooaaalll #LightThatLamp #DucksFlyTogether

#BlowKingsBlow #YoureAllQueens #SJSharts

Archived