2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we keep the NHL thread to discuss the Browns, but ditch the NFL thread?

Clevejack?

Clevejacked.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Just curious, how did this whole "Cleve-Jacked" thing start anyways?

As for rumours I've heard the Ducks are making the third the primary with a matching white. Also heard the Blues were looking into changing their uniforms though I doubt it'll happen in time for 2014-15.

As for predictions, I could definitely see the Avalanche and Flames finally replacing their bettman piped atrocities but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Cleveland fans turning unrelated discussions into Browns discussions. Was funny until people who didn't realize what it meant started using it anytime the Browns were mentioned.

As for rumours I've heard the Ducks are making the third the primary with a matching white. Also heard the Blues were looking into changing their uniforms though I doubt it'll happen in time for 2014-15.

As for predictions, I could definitely see the Avalanche and Flames finally replacing their bettman piped atrocities but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Heard the same thing for the Ducks and the Stadium Series orange would be made the third. Oh and expect the Caps and whomever they play in the Winter Classic will wear some sort of a throwback or fauxback. On that, the rumours I've been hearing is the retro red Capitals sweaters. Other than that, it's anyone guess as to what could be happening for the NHL next year.

Heard the same thing for the Ducks and the Stadium Series orange would be made the third. Oh and expect the Caps and whomever they play in the Winter Classic will wear some sort of a throwback or fauxback. On that, the rumours I've been hearing is the retro red Capitals sweaters. Other than that, it's anyone guess as to what could be happening for the NHL next year.

I can't see Calgary changing their uniforms after just bringing in a new alternate jersey. As for Colorado, I'd be shocked if they didn't at least make a new third jersey. I really hope all three of their jerseys are retired at the end of this season. With Sakic and Roy running things in Colorado now, I can't see their current uniforms lasting much longer. As for the Ducks, I hope that Stadium Series jersey only sees the ice for the Outdoor game and maybe an extra game or two on home ice and that's it. The chromed Ducks logo in my opinion is awful and it looks even worse on the Stadium Series jersey. That jersey looks like a practice jersey. As crazy as this sounds, I'd rather see the Ducks wear the Wildwings as a third jersey again over those. I'm glad that there are people that like it but I hope they are in the minority because that wouldn't be my choice for a third jersey, that's for sure. They should wear the Mighty Ducks throwback as the new third or make an orange version of it.

Actually new alternate sweaters often signal the end of an existing set.

No doubt. There's a lot of truth to that statement. Even on that note, I still can't see Calgary changing their home and road jerseys for at least another year or two.

I heard somewhere the Penguins may be changing their unis, most likely because of the blue jersey of doom. I'm seriously hoping for a gold alt. :)

I will settle for a good loking home and away jersey, unlike the crap they have now

Also, I would much like my Sabres to cleanup their jerseys with no pit stains and no silver stripes.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I can't see the Flames changing jerseys quite yet. I would think in a couple more years once the rebuild is further along and when the time is right the new look will come in. You want best revenue for the merch and fans will not buy when the team is loosing!

Anaheim's best bet is to change jerseys for the up coming season but I can't see the orange jersey bing the third. If anything they will make the 3rd their home, create a matching white one and then have the current home the 3rd jersey. Even though the current home and away are viewed as ugly by many people, you have to remember that they won a cup with them. I actually don't mind the current home's and away. Just change the script to the big "D" and add a mighty duck patch to the shoulders.

Anaheim's best bet is to change jerseys for the up coming season but I can't see the orange jersey bing the third. If anything they will make the 3rd their home, create a matching white one and then have the current home the 3rd jersey. Even though the current home and away are viewed as ugly and boring by many people, you have to remember that they won a cup with them.

Fixed :P

Yeah, I can see them swapping the home to third, at least until a new orange alt is eventually introduced down the line. As lackluster as the orange Stadium jersey is, I like to think they were testing the waters with the one bright colour they have. Introduce it for this one game, see how fans react, bring in a new orange third in a couple years time.

In a way I'm glad the third is finally getting the promotion to home, but I feel as if the template was not designed with a matching white uniform in mind. Almost every mockup I've seen has looked like a mess.They're gonna have to do more than a simple palette swap for this one.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I wish the wild would do green jersey based off their new road uni

What's the going logic on this subject? I've kind of assumed since the new white alternate came out -- and that it turned out so beautifully -- that the next logical step would be to create a green version to replace the home reds. Maybe that's just been wishful optimism on my part.

Personally, I hate their red jerseys. Anyone have a sense of how popular they are?

Anaheim's best bet is to change jerseys for the up coming season but I can't see the orange jersey bing the third. If anything they will make the 3rd their home, create a matching white one and then have the current home the 3rd jersey. Even though the current home and away are viewed as ugly and boring by many people, you have to remember that they won a cup with them.

Fixed :P

Yeah, I can see them swapping the home to third, at least until a new orange alt is eventually introduced down the line. As lackluster as the orange Stadium jersey is, I like to think they were testing the waters with the one bright colour they have. Introduce it for this one game, see how fans react, bring in a new orange third in a couple years time.

In a way I'm glad the third is finally getting the promotion to home, but I feel as if the template was not designed with a matching white uniform in mind. Almost every mockup I've seen has looked like a mess.They're gonna have to do more than a simple palette swap for this one.

I agree with the orange being tested this year and that in the near future there will be a full-time orange third added. I just hope they continue paying tribute to the Mighty Ducks logo. The fans love it and it would be the best "alternate logo" in the league.

I heard somewhere the Penguins may be changing their unis, most likely because of the blue jersey of doom. I'm seriously hoping for a gold alt. :)

I know I'm sure to be the minority...but I'd love to see them bring back the "Robo-Penguin" from the 90s.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

Archived