2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bruins essentially did the same thing Washington did this go around. Combination of elements from different eras. The Bruins one was probably more resembling of an actual jersey they've worn in the past, but this washington one is nice.

I'm sorry but I just can't sign off on a 40+ year old franchise having to resort to faux back gear.

They've had 3.5 looks in their entire history.

One they wear now, one they wore for the last classic, and the other 1.5 (white/blue era and white/black era) are a completely different color scheme.

Considering the fickle, rather new fanbase, they don't want to confuse with copper and blue again, and they don't want a repeat of the first era, so they thought outside the box.

Personally, I like it. I hope that logo doesn't die with this event.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Probably because Leonsis really wants to work that iconic marble wang into all of his properties for maximum #brand integration.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't understand why they didn't use the logo with "DC" integrated, that was a great mark.

Which logo was that? I don't recall anything past/present/conceptual with a DC in it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So the crests are not even embrodied ? cheap replica look

No different from what they did last year. I hope that doing this for one-off games isn't a sign of things to come for the league as a whole. If they get rid of the chain stitching on the Blackhawks' jerseys, I will get my torch and pitchfork.

I feel like this is coming, since Reebok quit its contract with the facility in Quebec that used to make all the teams' crests. I'm guessing that Indonesian labor won't be chain-stitching,

I have not heard of this, i belived indo-edge was going away, will one ice jerseys not be made in Canada anymore ?

I don't understand why they didn't use the logo with "DC" integrated, that was a great mark.

Which logo was that? I don't recall anything past/present/conceptual with a DC in it.

This one. Was revealed by Icethetics a few months back...

MFI8UOw.png

I have a question, does anyone know when the Los Angeles Kings will officially unveil their Yellow Throwback Jersey? I'm a bit surprised that they didn't unveil it when they unveiled their Stadium Series Jersey. Also, Merry Christmas everybody!

I have a question, does anyone know when the Los Angeles Kings will officially unveil their Yellow Throwback Jersey? I'm a bit surprised that they didn't unveil it when they unveiled their Stadium Series Jersey. Also, Merry Christmas everybody!

The Kings are wearing that gold throwback jersey for their Legends Nights this season.

First time they will wear them is on February 12th against the Flames. Supposed to be Barry Melrose Night.

The Kings are wearing that gold throwback jersey for their Legends Nights this season.

First time they will wear them is on February 12th against the Flames. Supposed to be Barry Melrose Night.

It's not suppose to be, it will be Barry Melrose Legends Night. And they will unveil the jersey on Thursday February 12 when they wear them, and then wear them again on February 24 and March 7.

It's not suppose to be, it will be Barry Melrose Legends Night. And they will unveil the jersey on Thursday February 12 when they wear them, and then wear them again on February 24 and March 7.

I am looking forward to seeing the Kings in their Golden Yellow Throwbacks. I love their Forum Blue and Gold Jerseys. The Purple Jersey they just retired was really nice and I hope that the rumor I heard before that the Kings may actually make this Throwback an official third jersey next year is true.

What's so hard about making the gold uniform, or the previous "forum blue" iteration, a full time alternate? Enough with these half measures, it's not like the Kings have a shortage of recent designs to choose from

I agree with you there. If there is a team in the NHL that should have a third jersey, I think the Kings would be at the top of my list. With their current setup, I wouldn't even be against the Kings making their Stadium Series Jersey from last year their new third jersey and continuing to wear the Yellow Throwback for Legend's Nights. It isn't the best jersey they have ever worn but it wasn't terrible and I thought the idea of a grey jersey and a Chrome Crown was a neat idea, however, if I had to pick between one or the other, I would definitely take the Yellow Throwback as the third jersey over the Stadium Series Jersey from last year.

Archived