2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JThf7Iy.jpgw5z2hBs.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2fQ4d89jXc

Very, very nice. Glad to see the Kings in Golden Yellow. Also, if your American, the Kings are selling these throwbacks on their site! I hope they bring some to Canada. Even though I hate the Kings, I would even buy one of these.

Kings desperately need to go back to purple and yellow full-time.

While I greatly prefer purple and gold to all other color schemes for the Kings, I wish they'd have worn these instead:

5IqpEyf.jpg

The inaugural uniforms are extremely boring by comparison.

I remember when I first followed hockey, I thought it was so cool that the Kings were a purple-clad team. I also used to have an early 80s Vancouver souviner picture book. Inside was an image of the Kings in their original purples playing the Canucks in their Flying V home yellows. Purple vs yellow, how cool was that?!

However, at the time, I thought the Canucks were the only non-white home team in the league. I thought the Kings had the same white look that the Lakers currently have on Sundays. So, one day, I went to into a magazine store and purchased an old Hockey Illustrated magazine with my allowance. I couldn't believe my eyes. Inside the the back cover was a photo of a Kings player wearing the home yellow-gold! :love: My Canucks had company! If it weren't for the Flying V design and if the Stick 'n Rink or a Skating Johnny Canuck on a simple V logo had been on the front, both LA and Vancouver would have had two of the nicest and unique home uniforms in the league.

Saw the highlights from last night and those Kings uniforms are b e a u t i f u l. It's just too bad that the Flames weren't wearing their classic reds instead of those white eyesores. Then, again, this is a league run by Gary Bettman.

Names look a lot nicer here than the super-narrow version seen on the replicas.

I hope that either the Kings or other outlets selling this jersey will fix that. I can't believe the Kings are selling them like that.

Maybe the novelty of yellow sweaters has worn off but these look pretty ho-hum.

I don't think the novelty has worn off one bit. I think yellow is starting to get more popular. It's a really nice color and the Kings' throwback is a perfect example.

I would love the Kings to go back to this look if the nhl would allow the gold unis to be worn on the road!

Me too! I wish the NHL would allow cream unis to be worn on the road as well. It would be a great change-up. When teams play Nashville, they can just wear their other jersey or an alternate if they have one.

It's weird that the Flames are in white for this. I thought yellow counted as a light-colored helmet.

I thought so too. Guess not. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Detroit will wear red when they face the Kings in their throwbacks but unfortunately, that won't happen. :(

I thought I heard way back in the offseason they were going to wear gold pants with their throwbacks. I guess they, the team who is about to wear white pants in a stadium game, decided gold pants was a step too far.

I never heard anything about that. The Kings' Insider was the first to break the news about the yellow throwbacks last year and they showed purple pants. Yellow pants would have ruined this throwback. That would just be too much.

Couldn't they have debuted the Golds against a real uniform?

No kidding. Of all the teams to wear it against, they picked a team with some of the worst jerseys in the NHL. At least their next Legend's Night will be against Detroit.

That would be great if they did but I don't think it will ever happen again. Black and Silver is too "cool" and besides, they have won two Stanley Cups in black, white and silver. For them to keep wearing their current set for the time being, I honestly don't blame them, even though I hate their current set.

That Kings set is one of the most overrated NHL sets ever (right up there with the stick-in-rink).

Honestly, the purple-and-black era--once they switched to using the crown by itself as the crest--was the best look the Kings have had.

You've got to be kidding me. Calling this throwback and the Canucks' Stick-in-Rink overrated when you say that the purple and black era Kings were the best is crazy.

You've got to be kidding me. Calling this throwback and the Canucks' Stick-in-Rink overrated when you say that the purple and black era Kings were the best is crazy.

I'm happy to be crazy, then.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Names look a lot nicer here than the super-narrow version seen on the replicas.

I hope that either the Kings or other outlets selling this jersey will fix that. I can't believe the Kings are selling them like that.

Maybe the novelty of yellow sweaters has worn off but these look pretty ho-hum.

I don't think the novelty has worn off one bit. I think yellow is starting to get more popular. It's a really nice color and the Kings' throwback is a perfect example.

I would love the Kings to go back to this look if the nhl would allow the gold unis to be worn on the road!

Me too! I wish the NHL would allow cream unis to be worn on the road as well. It would be a great change-up. When teams play Nashville, they can just wear their other jersey or an alternate if they have one.

It's weird that the Flames are in white for this. I thought yellow counted as a light-colored helmet.

I thought so too. Guess not. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Detroit will wear red when they face the Kings in their throwbacks but unfortunately, that won't happen. :(

I thought I heard way back in the offseason they were going to wear gold pants with their throwbacks. I guess they, the team who is about to wear white pants in a stadium game, decided gold pants was a step too far.

I never heard anything about that. The Kings' Insider was the first to break the news about the yellow throwbacks last year and they showed purple pants. Yellow pants would have ruined this throwback. That would just be too much.

Couldn't they have debuted the Golds against a real uniform?

No kidding. Of all the teams to wear it against, they picked a team with some of the worst jerseys in the NHL. At least their next Legend's Night will be against Detroit.

That would be great if they did but I don't think it will ever happen again. Black and Silver is too "cool" and besides, they have won two Stanley Cups in black, white and silver. For them to keep wearing their current set for the time being, I honestly don't blame them, even though I hate their current set.

That Kings set is one of the most overrated NHL sets ever (right up there with the stick-in-rink).

Honestly, the purple-and-black era--once they switched to using the crown by itself as the crest--was the best look the Kings have had.

To answer the question, or the statement about black and silver being "too cool" to change from. The Kings went to black and silver because Luc Robitaille is the President and he wanted to go the look that the team had the most success in. The jerseys looked great in person, but the ones they were selling... well the numbers looked cheap. They are sewn on, but they just have this cheap look to them.

I'm crazy as well, I prefer the black and purple crown jerseys also, minus the Los Angeles script on the hem.

In ye olden days (pre-2000), helmet numbers often didn't match the team's font. They were often just single-color numerals of whatever fit and was locally available.

Plus, in the era these Kings uniforms come from, a lot of guys weren't wearing helmets at all.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

At least you're honest. I like the Turd Burger. I guess I'm crazy too, though I still don't see how the black and purple is better than the purple and yellow throwbacks.

To answer the question, or the statement about black and silver being "too cool" to change from. The Kings went to black and silver because Luc Robitaille is the President and he wanted to go the look that the team had the most success in. The jerseys looked great in person, but the ones they were selling... well the numbers looked cheap. They are sewn on, but they just have this cheap look to them.

I know that's why the Kings did go to their current look but what I'm saying is that they probably won't go to Forum Blue and Gold ever again because of the "cool" factor.

Ryan Miller posted a pic of his "vintage" maroon and cream pads, so I assume the Canucks will be sporting the Millionaires look again.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Purple/silver/black was the best color scheme the Kings had, though it bears mentioning that they nicked it from the Sacramento Kings, just as they borrowed from the Raiders and Lakers before (and after) that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm watching Jets-Wings and noticed that Detroit's red helmets now have the Red Wings script in red with a thick white outline rather than single-layer white. This new for this year? I don't like it.

EDIT: appears to be some helmets but not all.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm watching Jets-Wings and noticed that Detroit's red helmets now have the Red Wings script in red with a thick white outline rather than single-layer white. This new for this year? I don't like it.

Yes it's new this year. Pretty sure it's been discussed, but that may have just been on Uni-Watch. But I would assume if someone doesn't have that on the helmet they are wearing, they probably are using a helmet from last year.

On their white helmets the script is white with a red outline. I'm not a fan of either. The rest of the Wings' uniform is as simple as it gets, so the switch is an unnecessary step away from that simplicity.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Archived