Lights Out's NBA 2015: Hawks, Celtics, Heat p. 5

Lights Out

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(5/30) NEW ORLEANS PELICANS

I know I said that any more than five purple teams would be overkill in my Jazz concept thread - as a result, I'm eliminating purple from one of the teams that currently uses it. Anyway, here's a nice, simple wrought-iron inspired look for the Pels:

Nveiz0P.png

Ba0MuTs.png

2WSrZhq.png

(The wrought-iron pattern comes from here.)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Nicely done so far. I'm really not feeling the new colors and minimalist design for the Thunder. The biggest thing for the others is the X for the Sixers looks odd. Looks more like a H to me.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Sixers: I'd prefer if the Sixers stay red/blue. Plus there's already an overload of red and black in the East. I assume you'll make some changes to those teams, though.

Pelicans: Love the purple and gold, it's a nice connection to their Mardi Gras unis without being overkill.

Spurs: "San Antonio" looks a little awkward on the front of a jersey. I think the Spurs are a team that can get away with having the same wordmark across all jerseys. Alamo design looks good.

Thunder: I've always thought OKC would look great in charcoal/yellow (clouds/lightning), but I like this idea also.

Rockets: This is probably one of my favorite retro-inspired Rockets concepts. Good combination of eras and the gradient works well here.

Magic: Never was a huge fan of that wordmark, and the stars seem like overkill.

Solid work, also, I love that Jazz concept!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

My brother is a big Magic fan, and the stars jersey are both of our favorites. I like the return to it. I wonder what it would look like with the current wordmark. Maybe a combination of both the new and old marks? Just me spit balling at this point.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived