NFL Complete Logo Redesign Project (Titans)

LuberaDesign

So this is something I have wanted to do for a long time, and I have finally decided to jump in head first. I will be updating as I create each mark. I will focus on the logo/ mascots first, and then integrate text when all of the marks are completed. (Except for those marks that may include the text into the mark.)

I'm definitely looking for any feedback or comments. I will add that I'm not particularly trying to sustain the old 'timeless' conventions or historical points of each team. I just want to make each mark visually appealing in a way that I imagine would aesthetically make the NFL look more sleek and professional as a whole. I just want to make this a great looking series of marks for my own and others enjoyment!

So, I will update the title with the team I am working on at the time. To begin, seemingly at random, here is my concept for the Baltimore Ravens. Please disregard all text, it's just thrown in there for continuity and will be reworked later.

I am in a conflict with myself over color, so I'd really love any feedback on which looks better, or other suggestions. Thanks for looking!

pvVGSR.jpg

Thanks for the feedback!

hettinger / davidmiller: I agree, I'm going to tweak those and round off some of the 'gullet' feathers and make it overall a little less 'spikey'. I will pull up the beak a bit.

As for color, so far votes are mixed, and I still haven't decided. I am convinced that the mark is pretty pleasing, but not sure about where to go, color wise. Here's a greyscale helmet idea, very quickly.

fcxmzL.jpg

Alright, so I'm going to call the Raven mark acceptable and figure out colors when the finalizing stage takes place. So moving on, here is my concept for the Tennessee Titans. I tried to retain the symbols and flow of the original logo, but make a more fierce and challenging mark. The infamous 'flaming thumbtack' logo just has nothing intimidating or exciting about it. I also wish they would change their bland color scheme, so I included a gold version, as well as the classic powder blue.

Comments? Ideas?

TennesseeTitansSmall.jpg

I really like the Titans logo. Great job. I prefer the gold version. What about a silver version? It might not be enough contrast, but the NFL doesn't have a silver and red team. The 49ers are red and gold (but you did add in navy, so it would be a different color scheme).

I'm disappointed you are moving on from the Ravens. I think it is close to being good, but isn't quite there yet. Again, I would suggest smoothing out some of the points to more closely match the sleekness of an actual raven.

award%20sig.png

I really like the Titans logo. Great job. I prefer the gold version. What about a silver version? It might not be enough contrast, but the NFL doesn't have a silver and red team. The 49ers are red and gold (but you did add in navy, so it would be a different color scheme).

I'm disappointed you are moving on from the Ravens. I think it is close to being good, but isn't quite there yet. Again, I would suggest smoothing out some of the points to more closely match the sleekness of an actual raven.

I'm definitely not finished with the Ravens, but the way I work, I get an idea I think will pan out and I immediately have to put pen to paper or it will vanish! Hahah. But I do plan on tweaking the curves like you suggest. I do completely agree.

Also, I'm breaking into my design stride for this series, and sometimes it takes a couple of designs for the style of a series to come together. These two logos are already designed with very different stylings, but I prefer where I'm going with the Titans moreso, so I may go back and try to tweak the raven into a similar style.

I really like the gold in the logo itself, it is certainly more regal. But as far as fitting, the Niners and Bucs both use the red/gold combo, whereas the Titans have a very recognizable scheme. I've made the light blue more 'silvery', in the greyer end of the spectrum, and I like it as-is now.

I'm back to tweaking the Ravens, but I think I'm going to call the Titans a finished product as of now. I'll post it here now. I'm also going to update the original post with an image of the teams I have finished.

TennesseeTitans-1.jpg

Again, requests on which teams to cover next would be awesome!

Amazing, amazing work. That Titans logo and helmet is magnificent. It deserves a whole rebrand project (uniforms, merch, alt logos, etc). As far as another team, I suggest the Eagles. I've never seen anyone make a logo for them better than what they have now. Their current logo to me, is the epitome of a modern, beautiful, bird logo. I bet you could do one just as good. I'd love to see it.

Archived