Can a mod lock this thread from comments?

pitt6pack

I love the "faded" College lines you use on the Heinz Field surface. Very similar to the way they used Sun Devil Stadium back in the days when it was shared with the Cardinals, and what was Jack Murphy Stadium with the Chargers and Sand Diego State Aztecs. Though they put giant "X's" where the college numbers went unlike the Small dashes that where used at Sun Devil Stadium and University of Phoenix Stadium for the Fiesta Bowl!

Well the fading is a necessity for these fields because the college lines are very visible during the games. And I'm sure you are aware of this, but maybe others aren't, but they use green paint to cover up the other lines. It was very clear if you saw the Seattle at Kansas City game last Sunday.

And that leads me into a general question for some of the fields. Besides Pittsburgh, Minnesota, and Miami, what other NFL teams share the same stadium with a college team the entire season? I don't think Kansas City does, or San Francisco, but both hosted college games recently. Some fields it may not make a difference, like on turf fields because they can wash the temporary paint off, which happens often in the Georgia Dome and Jerry's world, but I want to get all the "normal" fields for each team.

Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego is the only other field I can think of that currently has a College "tennant" with and NFL team. I know several NFL stadiums host either College Conference Championships or Bowl games. Cities Like Phoenix (Actually Glendale, AZ), Detroit, San Diego, Dallas (They just change the Field Turf), New Orleans, Jacksonville, Tampa, Miami, and Indianapolis are the stadiums i can think of currently. And The New Levi's Stadium will host the 1st College Championship game this January.

LP Field in Nashville has a college tenant in Tennessee State. Temple plays at Lincoln Financial Field. UMass Amherst plays, for now, at Gillette Stadium.

I think MetLife Stadium hosts a Syracuse game every year and Raymond James Stadium hosts USF football.

yalSCLI.png
spacer.png
JnGTN1H.png

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to everyone on the input for the shared college fields, I think I've got those all figured out now.

And because Odell Beckham's catch was so ridiculously good, here is the Giants.

z7rq6Ic.png

This will be my last field until after Thanksgiving break most likely.

Giants On-field Logos:

Midfield - this logo has a width of approximately 18' 8"

Giants_Jets_Midfield_zps30bf008d.png

Endzone wordmark - this wordmark is slightly larger than what they have used in their past two Super Bowl appearances

Giants_Endzone_zpsf4eff1b7.png

Endzone team logo

Giants_Endzone_Logo_zps15bfefa6.png

Endzone conference logo

Giants_Endzone_Conference_Logo_zpsda06e2

Numbers - this is probably the second most common number style used on NFL fields

Giants_Numbers_zpsbe859c83.png

Cincinnati Bengals

mzknlMk.png

The endzones took a few attempts, but I've been working on this one for a while so I think I've got it right. One thing that I can't understand about Cincinnati is why they went from the Bengal at midfield, which was possibly the best logo at midfield ever, to one of the worst logo's at midfield. Just a B in itself isn't that good, but then the outline striping is so thin which makes it even worse. Either way, these are the best endzones in the NFL in my opinion and I'm glad they haven't changed much in the last few years.

Cincinnati Bengals

3y35iP7.png

The endzones took a few attempts, but I've been working on this one for a while so I think I've got it right. One thing that I can't understand about Cincinnati is why they went from the Bengal at midfield, which was possibly the best logo at midfield ever, to one of the worst logo's at midfield. Just a B in itself isn't that good, but then the outline striping is so thin which makes it even worse. Either way, these are the best endzones in the NFL in my opinion and I'm glad they haven't changed much in the last few years.

I have a feeling that the center Bengals logo had a thicker white outline methinks. I'm trying to remember the field from the Cowboys-Bengals game last year and the outline you have is too small.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Cincinnati Bengals

3y35iP7.png

I have a feeling that the center Bengals logo had a thicker white outline methinks. I'm trying to remember the field from the Cowboys-Bengals game last year and the outline you have is too small.

The way I have been doing these fields is by watching highlights of the most recent games from this year. From what I've seen the outline is 6in thick at most, which is 2in thicker than the yard lines on the field. This is the best image I could get from week 9 of this year:

temp_zpsb30da195.png

The best indicator is the Bengals' 43 yard line compared to the outline, which to me looks like a 2in difference, which is how I arrived at a 6in outline. I am noticing though that the way the image was re-sized here that the outline doesn't look that thick, so maybe I can try to re-size it so the difference is more noticeable.

Cincinnati Bengals

3y35iP7.png

Wow... I could never do that myself.

Wow... I could never do that myself.

I would have thought the same thing two years ago, but you have to continually improve and want to get better, which can be said about anything.

This was my first attempt October 2012:

MjwZIqo.png

This is April 2013

cfecOZS.png

This is July 2013

pD36xQl.png

This is February 2014

V21f2OL.png

And this is the current field

zhpzj9f.png

You always have to learn from the past and build on it.

Also I have re-posted the field so the outline seems thicker, but it will show up better when I post the on-field logos.

Bengals on-field logos:

Midfield: As stated before, there is a 6in border around the logo. The logo has a width of about 14.5 yards and is about 10.5 yards tall.

Bengals_Midfield_zpsc87f48f4.png

Endzones: The endzones have only seen slight changes since the field turf was put in at Paul Brown Stadium. The wordmark is approximately 48x14.75 yards.

Bengals_Endzone_zps7976e6bb.png

Numbers: The fairly standard numbers for the NFL, just a bit thinner though

Bengals_Numbers_zps7db9bf09.png

New York Jets

ccijZUh.png

This one was easy to put together since I already had the field besides the endzones made with the Giants field. One thing that really bothered me last year is when the switched the conference logos from the right of the endzones to the left. It was about two games into the season too and I thought they made a mistake the first time I saw it. As the year went on I was hoping they didn't do the same thing for the Super Bowl, and we know what happened with that.

Could you do the Seahawks next?

Sure thing. I was actually working on that one today touching up the wordmark for the endzone. I should have it done by tomorrow.

There are a few other fields that I have just about done that I just need to move to the new template and they'll be good to go as well. If anyone is wondering those fields include: Bills, Chiefs, Cowboys, Falcons, Ravens, Saints, Seahawks, and the Steelers post college season.

Seattle Seahawks (Post MLS Season)

xgr6NOS.png

I realized for the Seahawks I will probably need three different fields. One being the field for early in the season with the soccer field lines visible, because they are clearly visible during Seahawks games. The next field would be the one I've posted, from after the MLS season. The final field is the Seahawks playoffs field, which in recent years they have painted the endzones blue.

Seahawks (post MLS season)

Seattle Seahawks (Post MLS Season)

4GTri3A.png

I realized for the Seahawks I will probably need three different fields. One being the field for early in the season with the soccer field lines visible, because they are clearly visible during Seahawks games. The next field would be the one I've posted, from after the MLS season. The final field is the Seahawks playoffs field, which in recent years they have painted the endzones blue.

Last year, they painted the endzones blue after the bye week, which came after the Sounders season was over (week 12). This year, they left them green because the Sounders season was still going after the bye week (week 4). I'd expect them to have the endzone blue when they play the 49ers in 17 days, now that the Sounders season is over.

But great work on the field!

Seattle on-field logos

Midfield

Seahawks_Midfield_zps8c261496.png

Endzone wordmark

Seahawks_Wordmark_zps840438e1.png

Endzone NFL logo

Seahawks_Endzone_NFL_zpsec0f6b89.png

Endzone logo

Seahawks_Endzone_Logo_zps3350b5db.png

Sorry this took so long to get up. I had to add the lines for the Sounders field into the Seahawks field and it took me a while. So I updated the Seahawks field for during the MSL season. The only other field for Seattle then will be post MLS which has the blue endzones and remains the same for the playoffs.

Archived