College Football Concepts (Stanford Added)

martymcfry

I'm not getting the C&C I wanted with my NFL Redesign, and since I'm so far ahead in it, I thought I'd take a brake from designing those and try some college football stuff. First up, my Washington Huskies

QU05HyX.png

The obvious thing to do is to go back to what they had before this year. I dumped the garbage they got and went back to a classic look. Black is removed from the purple jersey. I kept the black jersey, even if it is BFBS. But the brashier striping is now on every helmet and pair of pants, except for the purple pants. It didn't look right. I also removed all the odd things about the current ones, like the arrow-tipped numbers and the "northwest frost" texture on the white helmet. Please provide a good amount of C&C!

Table of Contents

Washington/Alabama

Ole Miss

Oregon

Stanford

Imgur Album

Big fan of the Huskies logo ... the actual Husky, not the 'W'.

While I like the simplified uniform look, I feel that the W becomes more ... blah. Personally, not just because I like the Husky already, I think a flashier design on the helmet would really bring your eyes to it as a focus point.

I love how their lacross team had a purple helmet with a gold-chrome husky logo on it, though perhaps that a bit much combined with your simple redesign.

Overall though, I like how clean it is compared to the current uniform that has different colored piping breaking up the jersey.

Please delete my account.

Big fan of the Huskies logo ... the actual Husky, not the 'W'.

While I like the simplified uniform look, I feel that the W becomes more ... blah. Personally, not just because I like the Husky already, I think a flashier design on the helmet would really bring your eyes to it as a focus point.

I love how their lacross team had a purple helmet with a gold-chrome husky logo on it, though perhaps that a bit much combined with your simple redesign.

Overall though, I like how clean it is compared to the current uniform that has different colored piping breaking up the jersey.

1. The Husky logo (the husky, not the "W") has been held in reserve for quite some time. The Huskies have only used one helmet decal, and that's the "W". I'm not up for changing that
  2. A purple helmet with a chrome logo would only work as a Pro Combat for me. And the purple helmet they used during the Neuheisel era was a train wreck.
  3. Washington has a lacrosse team?

1. The Husky logo (the husky, not the "W") has been held in reserve for quite some time. The Huskies have only used one helmet decal, and that's the "W". I'm not up for changing that
  2. A purple helmet with a chrome logo would only work as a Pro Combat for me. And the purple helmet they used during the Neuheisel era was a train wreck.
  3. Washington has a lacrosse team?

The husky logo isn't just in reserve, it's completely taken away, and has been for quite a few years now. As for the purple helmet, we're on the same page. I love the design. The simple, clean look is perfect for our Huskies and is what I Would love them to wear. If there was one thing I might switch to is adding the gold striping of their 2001 Cody Pickett Era uniforms.

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

• 1 month later...

I got my hands on a new football template, and cooked up some more college concepts. I decided instead of starting a new thread I'd just post them in here.

First up, a new UDub.

m3uMJfS.pngdGUwOJi.pngmgx6g7I.png4aOxgTi.png

• Got rid of all black anywhere not on the blackout set
  • Brought back thin double striped they used back in '01 to '03. I think it's something they could use through out other sports.
  • Brought brashier striping back to the pants, and used it everywhere on the uniforms except the jerseys and the purple pants (didn't look right on purple)

And Alabama:

5V2mZSr.png3sRIS25.pngiS68y8Q.pngMGoFBxj.png

• Made Alabama unmistakable. Replaced the numbers on the helmet with the classic A
  • Replaced double stripe on pants with single stripe to match the helmet.
  • Added gray pants and a white helmet option

Ole Miss and a new Oregon are next.

On a general note, your numbers should be bigger. It is especially noticeable on Washington, but it is true on Alabama as well.

Alabama's helmet stripe is way too thin unless you are trying to give them a unique piping-like look (which wouldn't work for Alabama). I would thicken their pant stripe up too.

award%20sig.png

On a general note, your numbers should be bigger. It is especially noticeable on Washington, but it is true on Alabama as well.

Alabama's helmet stripe is way too thin unless you are trying to give them a unique piping-like look (which wouldn't work for Alabama). I would thicken their pant stripe up too.

Okay, I'll work on making the numbers bigger. It's weird because the number size on paint is actually bigger for Washington then Alabama (Washington is at 200, Alabama is at 180)

I wasn't sure about the stripe, what you said probably confirmed my suspicions that it was too small. I'll make it thicker.

I updated 'Bama in the OP. Next up, Ole Miss

• NGIRo3F.pngZmvssIG.pngcfSrOXY.pngR7Xe7QK.pngAe3jLjm.png
  • I like Ole Miss, so they mostly stay the same. The single-colored jerseys are a Rebels trademark, so I left them as they are.
  • No jersey is a primary, though I would hope they would use the red colored jerseys more because it provides more contrast and color to the Navy helmet.
  • Got rid of navy pants, and made two sets of white britches - one with a red double stripe and the other with a navy double stripe
  • Brought back gray jerseys, something they used back in 2012.

​Oregon will be up next!

The way this thread is set up look awfully familiar. Even the font it's typed in.

? The font? I like the way you set yours up, but I didn't purposely do it the same. The font was accidental. I don't really care about that.

I'd like to get some feedback on the uniforms, not the way the thread is run.

(And even if I do run it the same way on purpose, shouldn't you be flattered, not offended?)

Oregon:

OSWERMP.png2M0M1pN.pngbiEg9JO.pngvNL4eKW.pngWKX6cof.pngBEZ0aT0.pngr2tNS8X.png

Okay, well, I couldn't really hold myself back with the Ducks.

• No team in the Pac-12 currently uses numbers on the side of the helmet, so I figured why not Oregon. The O remains at the back of the helmet.
  • Jerseys feature wing pattern from 2010-11, numbers are outlined with whatever the third color in the scheme is for that jersey/helmet.
  • Pants feature OREGON wordmark on the side
  • There are: one green jersey, two white jerseys, two yellow jerseys, and one black jersey.
  • One yellow helmet , one green, one white, two gray (one with back accents and one with yellow), and one black.
  • One yellow pants, one white, one green, two gray, and one black.
  • Of course, everything can be mixed and matched however they like.
  • The last one is a Pro Combat uniform, featuring Puddles and no wings. The O remains at the back of the helmet, and the same yellow pants are used.

This was a fun one. Next, we head back to Mississippi for the Bulldogs!

No team wears numbers on the side of their helmet in the Pac 12 for a reason. And their number font - well, that 8 especially - doesn't work at all. I'd much rather them not do that. Again, your numbers are coming out too small. And Ole Miss's helmet suffers from the same pipping stripe Alabama did.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Washington - By far you're best concept out of the group. It is creative and put together fairly well.

Alabama - Not a fan, really boring for Alabama which is saying something. First of all like everyone else is saying, you gotta widen the helmet stripes, make them as thick as the pants stripe. The "A" script helmet is not an improvement over the numbers IMO. The numbered helmet is iconic and I wouldn't want to see it go, the "A" helmet might work as an alternate but not full time. I do like the gray pants, the pants stripe isn't a bad move but again the whole concept is just boring. I'd like to see the A on the collar still. Not really sure what else to tell you, I know you are using paint, so I'm guessing you wouldn't know how to add patterns such as the houndstooth or elephant print.

Ole Miss - Not bad, it is pretty similar to their current set but you fixed some of things wrong with their current set so it is an improvement. Again, you need to fix the helmet stripe.

Oregon - Least favorite. Name on the back is just really bad, I know that is an Oregon font but they don't even use that font for their current NOB's. Not a fan of the helmets either, I don't like the numbers on the side, plus it just doesn't make sense for Oregon. Either stick with the wings, the O, or the Duck logo you used on the fauxback. I really just don't like the uniform either, they've moved away from those shoulder wings which is a good thing IMO because so many people have copied it since. It was a good look at the time they used it but it became dated and their current uniform design is an improvement. If you are going to use the wordmark on the pants move it up a little bit more and center it, also I think you should add the wordmark to the chest, the jersey just looks way to boring right now. I'd like to see the "Puddles" logo used more as well, it is a pretty good looking logo and very distinct.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived