Best Looking NCAA Rivalry

MNtwins3

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be a homer and post Florida-Florida State, but.....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I would vote for Ohio State-Michigan and USC-UCLA, but since Adidas has ruined half of each rivalry aesthetically (while Nike has maintained the other half) I can't.

I'd go with Texas-Oklahoma or USC-Notre Dame.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Good looking game, especially color on color. Plus these games usually end up being pretty exciting.

1397187321000-USP-NCAA-Hockey-Frozen-Fou

It looked a little better like this:

2011110520-56-1567.jpg

I'm going to ask once, don't bring North Dakota's past into this. If this is all it will become, I agree the colors are nice. Black look better. But don't escalate from here. I want one of my college threads to last without being taken down by people who can't let it go. Thank you

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Even with everything aside, Ohio State vs Michigan still is a beautiful looking game.

192867.jpg

We can all go home now. Was there seriously any other options beyond this? You not only have two of the most iconic college uniforms, but two of the most iconic uniforms in all of sports! Not to mention the color schemes look beautiful when used against each other.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I find this rather hilarious.

Nebraska-Colorado used to play as the regular season-ending game on Black Friday. Red & White versus Black & Gold.

nebraska-vs-colorado-football.jpg

Then came the Big XII divorce and both teams split for greener pastures. Oddly enough, Colorado replaced Nebraska with another Red & White team for their Thanksgiving weekend game:

670633.jpg

Meanwhile, Nebraska replaced the Buffs with another Black & Gold (Yellow/AthleticGold) team for their Thanksgiving weekend game:

d-61258.jpg

What's even more funny is that while NU and CU were good rivals, it's not like either Utah or Iowa are exactly "un-rivals" for each team. The Huskers and Buffaloes weren't trying to just replace their old rival with a same-colored school. They just both happened to trade their old border rivalry for a new border rivalry with a team that they had each had some previous non-conference history with. It's not like NU-Iowa or CU-Utah were exactly strangers to each other.

They all just managed to keep the same weekend and color scheme. And for the purposes of this thread it worked out - all 3 of these games has been visually appealing.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Good looking game, especially color on color. Plus these games usually end up being pretty exciting.

1397187321000-USP-NCAA-Hockey-Frozen-Fou

It looked a little better like this:

2011110520-56-1567.jpg

I'm going to ask once, don't bring North Dakota's past into this. If this is all it will become, I agree the colors are nice. Black look better. But don't escalate from here. I want one of my college threads to last without being taken down by people who can't let it go. Thank you

That's not what I'm implying at all. I'm a Gopher fan. I just feel that North Dakota looked better back then, compared to today. Cool your jets.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Archived