NCAA Football Helmet Redesign

BengalPumaOcelot

I will be attempting (and probably failing) at my first ever posted concept! I will be making college football helmets, and I will be taking requests! C & C appreciated! Thank you everybody!

UNC

aM2q4d8.png

BaGMJYM.png

HIt85CF.png

Tennessee

cnGeAM7.png

u2kNzFR.png

rlJagTO.png

Please don't tell me how bad they are, I already know by looking at you all's concepts

Sooners coming right up, probably not what you had in mind

Unu4zXJ.png5PGJz4x.png

It's pretty much exactly what I expected. Thanks. I don't want OU to change their helmets but it's interesting to see other possibilities.

I don't think OU will be making a helmet switch any time soon, I think they have the best helmet in college football

I hate to be a downer, but all these are are oversized logos on a helmet template. There really isn't much design here...

It looks like its his first time. So I am going to cut him some slack.

As for the actual concept... It looks like you are basically just finding an alternate or secondary logo, making it massive, and pasting it on the side of the helmet. Maybe try looking at each school and their history, then come up with a concept. Don't just put a bunch of different color shells with the same logo. Try and think through them more.

For example, Oklahoma. You have the wagon, maybe try just using the wheel. It comes from the same origin, but has a very different look. For air force, maybe take just half of the logo, and make it originate at the face mask like wings, similar to Oregons current helmets.

A few helmets with my own logos, not the best, but I tried (I made the logos with paint)

Oklahoma, and O and wagon wheel joined together in 1

VCM6c0B.pnggx836Bm.png

Army, an upside down sergeant logo merged with a star

2uhmLq3.png

Navy, a ram I drew up with the line tool, based on the 1964 helmet, tell me which ram you like best (blue, black, or white)

rEYWOL2.pngwKnuaED.png

F6iHhSV.png

• 4 weeks later...

Army sergeant's stripes should never be placed upside down. It's like flipping the bird to the Army. Try to think of newer ways to present current logos. For Oregon, possibly having Donald's Face at the front of the helmet like Kent State attempted in their bowl game.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

"Please don't tell me how bad they are."

Never apologize for your own work. Ever. You only open up Pandora's box when you do so.

And you're at least posting a concept. Half the people who get mocked in this subforum just post topics asking other people to make them pretty concepts to stare at.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Army sergeant's stripes should never be placed upside down. It's like flipping the bird to the Army. Try to think of newer ways to present current logos. For Oregon, possibly having Donald's Face at the front of the helmet like Kent State attempted in their bowl game.

Sergeant's stripes upside down are known as regimental stripes. They were based on the British military and were used for a very long time before they were turned over to the way we see them now. Some ceremonial units in the Army still use the old regimental ranks. Nobody would be offended by this. As a Sergeant in the U.S. Army, I feel that I know a thing or two about this...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived