Owl Logo Concept

Ragone

Hey guys. I've been away from making concepts for awhile. I'm trying to get back into it, so I have a simple owl logo right now. I'm hoping to use this logo in my fictional football league series, but I'd like some feedback on the main logo before I get into everything else. Here is what I have so far.

2yjzmo4.png

Great start! I don't really have a specific suggestion, but I feel you could push this concept even farther. Maybe even simplifying some of your lines. The feathers on the side of the head are a bit distracting for me and don't really have feather feel.

Have to agree with ejcooper31, the side feathers make the head look like that of a cat, such as a lynx.

Other than that, it's very nice.

Owls, I gather, I hard to do ... as they just sit there, unless they're in flight or currently attacking something. It's hard to get any real action out of their head, like with some other animals that you can depict growling, snarling, biting, roaring, etc.

Please delete my account.

Thanks for both your comments ejcooper31 and Ninjorz. I really appreciate the feedback. I completely agree with you guys about the feathers on the side, they definitely didn't give a feather-like feel. I tinkered with them and found that thickening them up was probably the best option. So I went with what you see below. Right now, I'm trying to nail the head down first. Once I get that I was going to somehow make a body that goes with it. Any more ideas on how to make this better will be greatly appreciated!

141jbjb.png

Archived