Tampa Bay Buccaneers Uniforms

BucsBoy02

Hey everyone. A few months ago I had a go at modifying the new Buccaneers logo's. I hadn't really given any thought to doing uniforms up until this past week. Just like with the logo's I wanted to take the current design and try to modify it into something a little more appealing.

First off I wanted to bring back the original shade of pewter and all of its metallic magnificent. I've kept the helmet just about the same but with the my new logo. I absolutely love the use of the oversize logo and kept that design. I've raised the yoke in the front and dropped down a little more in the back. I don't like how the cut of the jersey raises the yoke so high in the back on the current design. I understand it probably has something to do with space for the nameplate but for the sake of this concept I chose to match it to the front. The logo's on the helmet and yoke have a chrome outline. The shoulder numbers I've added a black outline to, to keep with the red/black/chrome theme going on with rest of the logo's. The orange stripes have been lengthened to run down the sleeve to the cuff now and added to the back. I used a different font for the numbers, without slash marks and kept the same outlines as their on current uniforms. The ship logo is now on both sleeves and the full Buccaneers word mark on the front. As for the pants, this was my first idea. I think it works well with the rest of the design. Anyways I'm done babbling for now, as always C+C is always welcomed.

Buccaneersuniforms_zps60b0e8b6.png

Ok first of I love how you fixed the pants. Their current pants look like pajama bottoms. The number font I'm still not sold on even with what you did. As for your shoulder yoke, I'm still not a fan. I say to make it better is to limit the pewter onto of the jersey to only the shoulders and the neck to collar part make it red. Also for the collar, the pewter one looks not bad but I wonder how it would look with a black collar. As for the orange slash marks in the shoulder area, just get rid of them, they look random and dumb. Also can you upload how the uniform would look with the original red from the Sapp-Gruden era uniforms? It's more darker and will match the original pewter quite well. Tell me what you think about my changes and see if you would like to upload this design.

I really like this. My only thought would be to include just a little more orange into the uniforms.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Great effort. I think this proves what a lot of us were saying, the Bucs effort wasn't as far off as the "worst uniform imaginable" calls it still gets on this forum.

The numbers make all the difference. I personally like the current pants stripe but I like your update as well.

Here is a little update. Actually I just swapped the new red for the old red. While I like the look and nostalgia of the old red, the new brighter red is still my favorite. I have also included the full number set. I tried getting rid of the orange jersey stripes but it tends to look boring, like something is missing. I also tried keeping the pewter to just the sleeves but the problem with that is then matching the shoulder numbers to to front and back numbers. They look way to busy trying to match the outlines.

Buccaneersuniformsoriginalred_zps8693714

Newnumbers_zps7db96548.png

Archived