Grid Iron Minimalist Illustrations

BrandMooreArt

thought this could be a cool series as i'm really enjoying doing these right now. i was first inspired by Odell Beckham's crazy catch and thought to myself "that's the type of thing logos are made of". and then, made a logo out of it. the style is inspired a little by Fraser Davidson's illustration of Antonio Brown here but with the mindset of "build the image with as little as possible". also, check out Justin Zimmerman's go he had in this style of Charles Woodson

"OMG ODB"

odb.jpg

"Jordan"

j.jpg

"Rizzo"

guTxNEK.jpg

"Buckeye Hero"

jt.jpg

NFL players (request a current player for an open team)

Steelers - "Run Like Bell"

Browns - "Haden"

Bengals - AJ Green

Ravens - Torrey Smith

Colts - "Comeback Kid"

Texans - "You Wanna Take A Nap!?"

Titans - Jake Locker

Jaguars - Blake Bortles

Patriots - "Tom Terrific"

Bills - "Mt Marcell"

Dolphins - Cameron Wake

Jets - "Decker"

Chiefs - Jamaal Charles

Raiders - Derrick Carr

Chargers - "WEDDLE"

Broncos - "Incredible Emmanuel" / "Cut That Meat!"

Bears - "AJ17"

Packers - "I Want to Pump YOU Up"

Vikings - Teddy Bridgwater

Lions - "Megatron"

Falcons - "Dirty Bird"

Saints - Jimmy Graham

Panthers - Cam Newton

Buccaneers - "V Jax"

Cowboys - "Big D"

Eagles - "Snowman Shady"

Washington - RG3

Giants - "OMG ODB"

49ers - "VD"

Seahawks - "Shermanator"

Rams - "JEEEEENKIIIIIINNSS"

Cardinals - "Larry"

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are really cool man! That Marcus Mariota one is especially awesome. Love the simplicity of the two tones.

Would love to see some other sports and how they look. I could see baseball being a little tough. Especially with teams like the Cardinals and Yankees that have no colored uniforms.

Not really a request, but a good iconic picture to practice on would be Micheal Jordan dunking. I also kind of wonder how a tennis one would look.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

great idea and realization BMA ! I would like to see Luck on a single color background (without pattern, and without noise) just for the sake of simplicity :) keep it up! and yeah, I agree with kewp80, Jordan air dunk would be awesome :)

CgWPTYS.jpgaPH2PVF.jpg

Are you taking any requests or just doing it based off what comes to mind?

i'll consider request. i would hate for the thread to fill up with a bunch and not be able to deliver. but, a couple have suggested doing Jordan so that and Emmanuel Sanders are the next ones up

GRAPHIC ARTIST

I like the Luck one a lot more than the other 2. Concept is strong but I feel like you simplified with purpose for Luck, but the other two were simplified a bit haphazardly. The lines seem bolder in Luck while they are thiner and more spike like in the others. Its more logo like which I think makes it stronger.

Good work but I think the other two can be polished a bit more.

I like the Luck one a lot more than the other 2. Concept is strong but I feel like you simplified with purpose for Luck, but the other two were simplified a bit haphazardly. The lines seem bolder in Luck while they are thiner and more spike like in the others. Its more logo like which I think makes it stronger.

Good work but I think the other two can be polished a bit more.

yea i agree. i've never really done anything like this before and the first 2 were just part of the learning process.

next one is Jordan for those who requested. i think i'm getting a feel for how to do this now. i don't like doing faces, they're hard LOL. but i'll put some baseball guys on the to-do-list.

j.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Archived