Grid Iron Minimalist Illustrations

BrandMooreArt

Any interest in making these large enough for wallpaper use? These are sick!

i dont want to post a piece that large, but tell me which one you like and i'll PM one to you.

The Aaron Rodgers one would be lovely.

spacer.png

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried this myself. Not to bad so far imo but i cant seem to do the skin very good. Face is very hard like you said. WIP right now but what advice do you have for me?

MF5Fo19.pngD69339p.png

Awesome work!

I would try to take emphasis off the shoes, and maybe more on his legs and arms.

tinysig.jpg

Tried this myself. Not to bad so far imo but i cant seem to do the skin very good. Face is very hard like you said. WIP right now but what advice do you have for me?

MF5Fo19.pngD69339p.png

you can simplify the face shapes more, but it's pretty close right now.

definitely need the ball. or a hint of it.

you dont want to just stroke those black shapes in red. draw red over them and only where it shows in the photo.

the biggest thing is the values, the brown is especially too light. it doesnt have to be his exact skin tone, just close enough to be believable. you might want to try the way i did with Jordan and make the background black. i think thats going to work better for basketball players

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

you can simplify the face shapes more, but it's pretty close right now.

definitely need the ball. or a hint of it.

you dont want to just stroke those black shapes in red. draw red over them and only where it shows in the photo.

the biggest thing is the values, the brown is especially too light. it doesnt have to be his exact skin tone, just close enough to be believable. you might want to try the way i did with Jordan and make the background black. i think thats going to work better for basketball players

Really appreciate the help. The biggest problem i'm having is the hands. What part to i fill in?

@Hurricane, just do highlights for the hands. just enough to where you can read it as fingers/hands. on his right hand you might be able to get away with tracing the ball and leaving his hand out of it like i did with the one below. an illusion of a shape is just as good.

"Buckeye Hero"

jt.jpg

keep the suggestions coming guys, but for now i'm only going to do NFL players. i'd like to get 1 guy from each team then i'll move on to other sports.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

These are really cool man! For the JT Barrett, you kinda lost his right arm and hand (unless he's wearing a red glove, and if he is wearing a red glove, there should be an outline). The left arm is fine.

And my request is Julio Jones of the Falcons

@Hurricane, just do highlights for the hands. just enough to where you can read it as fingers/hands. on his right hand you might be able to get away with tracing the ball and leaving his hand out of it like i did with the one below. an illusion of a shape is just as good.

"Buckeye Hero"

jt.jpg

keep the suggestions coming guys, but for now i'm only going to do NFL players. i'd like to get 1 guy from each team then i'll move on to other sports.

Loving this one. This would be a good look for next year's NCFA photos.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

"V Jax"

XHz8cal.jpg

this uniform was a bitch! the last 2 i've done now have broken 2 of my original rules (Lesean McCoy was the first to go on a white BG, and this one lacks black) but each one presents a new problem and i'm still learning new things about how to do this.

up next

Marcel Darius - Bills

Larry Fitzgerald - Cardinals

Richard Sherman - Seahawks

Tom Brady - Patriots

Julio Jones - Falcons

Alshon Jeffery - Bears

Demarco Murray - Cowboys

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Archived