/ Rebranding the NHL / LA Kings logo

chickenfish13

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, jdp said:

Your second version is so much better. Nothing like a muskrat, if you ask me.

Interesting. My biggest worry before posting it was that it had too much of a beaver/muskrat vibe. So when someone mentioned it I figured that's how most would see it. I'm glad that isn't everyone's first thought though, and that it's being well received. 

Thanks all for commenting!

Are any updates here a significant improvement over the last version? I've been fiddling with it a lot, but I think maybe I got a bit too cute with making the curves line up. If nothing stands out as being better, or if anything stands out as being worse, I think I'll just go back to the last version for the jerseys.

predsupdated.png

13 hours ago, chickenfish13 said:

Are any updates here a significant improvement over the last version? I've been fiddling with it a lot, but I think maybe I got a bit too cute with making the curves line up. If nothing stands out as being better, or if anything stands out as being worse, I think I'll just go back to the last version for the jerseys.

predsupdated.png

I think that these changes are a downgrade. What you had last worked better

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

7 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

I think that these changes are a downgrade. What you had last worked better

Yeah, I'd have to agree.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good, I'll revert back to the previous version for the jerseys, which I'm working on right now. Can't get them to where I want them. In the meantime, I've got the next team's logo ready to go. Here's the Kings. It's an edit of an old Lion logo. I'm not sure how the containing shape will be received, obviously it isn't the typical Lion's hair outline. I thought it might be interesting to combine the Lion with a shield, and I'm happy enough with it to stick to it, unless there is any major backlash. Would love to hear thoughts!

LAkingslogo.png

On 3/1/2017 at 8:59 PM, chickenfish13 said:

Sounds good, I'll revert back to the previous version for the jerseys, which I'm working on right now. Can't get them to where I want them. In the meantime, I've got the next team's logo ready to go. Here's the Kings. It's an edit of an old Lion logo. I'm not sure how the containing shape will be received, obviously it isn't the typical Lion's hair outline. I thought it might be interesting to combine the Lion with a shield, and I'm happy enough with it to stick to it, unless there is any major backlash. Would love to hear thoughts!

LAkingslogo.png

I would make the face bigger and maybe add the ears to the lion. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Something seems off with the pupils, but I can't pinpoint it. Can't tell whether they should be smaller, absent or more of a crescent. Am I the only one seeing them as slight cross-eyed? I know, sorry, that's not terribly helpful.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

On 3/3/2017 at 9:38 PM, chickenfish13 said:

Quick update here

kingsrevised.png

I don't like it for LA, but it would be a magnificent Manchester Monarchs logo.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived