NFL Timeline Infographic

pianoknight

Well that was the Bears/Staleys argument and they are considered the 1921 AFPA Champions.

Buffalo should have not agreed to the game as they played the Akron Pros on December 3rd. Imagine a football team playing games on back to back days!!!!

Like I said doing these pages I am stunned the NFL ever survived those early years it was a joke.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the early days of the sport, when teams competed against other recreational groups, not just other college or pro teams. I believe Nebraska's first game was against Omaha YMCA.

To honor the sport's great legacy (and relive his teen years!), Bill Snyder now schedules KState for at least ONE game a year against the Manhattan School for the Deaf or VFW Hall #219.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

True enough. But I'm pretty sure they didn't need to sneak the Texans out of Dallas in the middle of the night...

Because they were kicked out halfway through the season! I remember NFL Films doing a story on the Dallas Texans/Baltimore Colts.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I kinda wish the Canton Bulldogs hadn't been forced to fold. Imagine a Canton/Green Bay rivalry!

EDIT - why do I keep bumping a thread to the next page? What an odd coincidence...

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• 4 weeks later...

Tank, I've split off your "Forgotten NFL" series and merged them with your Sports E-Cylopedia thread. The posts there start here...

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/102419-sports-e-cyclopedia-updates-thread/?p=2366255

Let's keep this thread dedicated to more broad olde tyme NFL discussion without pimping any websites.

Archived