Sign in to follow this  
the admiral

If I don't cut my hand off, I'm going to eat this whole $1.49 bag of gumdrops.

I haven't had a Star Crunch in years, but I remember the crisped rice scratching the roof of my mouth and the caramel getting stuck in my teeth. That said, my brother and I would beg for them, so they must have been dong something right.

If I had to pick a single Little Debbie to have for forever, it would either be an Oatmeal Creme Pie or, more likely, the Zebra Cake.

My go-to snack cakes were the Raisin Creme Pies and the Christmas Tree Cakes.

Saw those in the store recently....there's a ton of snack cakes I don't remember seeing.  And one box is like $2 now! 

A Star Crunch is basically a flattened-out 100 Grand bar, I think. That's a quality product.

Cap, you should try the fried corn kernels they sell at Trader Joe's. They're bigger and lighter than your standard-issue corn nut, and really good.  If you wanted to get depraved, you could always shake them up in a bag with a packet of ranch dressing mix.

Picked up a bag of probably my favorite snack food on the planet tonight.

image.png.cf3cf5c9f77cb0486411018fabf05c33.png

Got them with a box of these as well. Holy damn I forgot how good these are. They kick the :censored: out of just about any other ice cream sandwich out there. 

ItsIt_Cappuccino_3SandwichBox.jpg

This recent talk has inspired me to track these down. They were my favorite when I was a kid, but I haven't had one in probably 15 years.

6996ff1b-f909-4c6d-887c-fce530e27de3_1.a

15 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Cap, you should try the fried corn kernels they sell at Trader Joe's. They're bigger and lighter than your standard-issue corn nut, and really good. 

G-ddamnit. They’re delicious. 

I went 0-3 today trying to find either Star Crunch or Pumpkin Delights. Not my day, I guess. If they don't have them the next time I'm at Walmart, I may be desperate enough to track down the bakery outlets.

On 10/9/2017 at 5:10 PM, Cosmic said:

I went 0-3 today trying to find either Star Crunch or Pumpkin Delights. Not my day, I guess. If they don't have them the next time I'm at Walmart, I may be desperate enough to track down the bakery outlets.

Where do you shop where you cannot find either of those? They're everywhere where I'm from. 

9 minutes ago, Heitert said:

Where do you shop where you cannot find either of those? They're everywhere where I'm from. 

The first two were a Dollar General and a Rite Aid; the third was a regular grocery store (Tops). Lots of Twinkies, cake rolls, various pentagonal cakes, etc. but not what I was looking for.

Edit: Looked at grocery.walmart for store nearest to me... Star Crunch yes, Pumpkin Delight no

After reading through this thread...

Swedish Fish were my favorite thing EVER before I became allergic to them (long story, don't ask).

Now, I don't even remember how they taste, except for tasting like heaven itself. I'm convinced my body hates me.

Mission: Pumpkin Delight 2 was a success at a bigger Dollar General. Little Debbie has a product finder on their site, but I'm not sure how accurate it is,

On 10/12/2017 at 5:14 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

After reading through this thread...

Swedish Fish were my favorite thing EVER before I became allergic to them (long story, don't ask).

Now, I don't even remember how they taste, except for tasting like heaven itself. I'm convinced my body hates me.

If heaven is a waxy, sweet mess, then sure.

5 hours ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

새콤달콤 (which translates to sweet and sour) are the best thing on the planet, especially these lemonade ones. 

image.png

I've never tried Saekom Dalkom, but the Korean snack scene as a whole is awesome. Especially if you're adventurous enough to try the stuff that sounds like it shouldn't work. 

ooh, baby, don't you feel distress

ooh,

15 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

heaven is a waxy, sweet mess

My biggest snack craze from about the past year has been these limited edition Oreos flavors.  They've had red velvet, cinnamon bun, strawberry shortcake, among others.

Recently, they've trotted out a Jelly Donut flavor, apple pie, and now there's a Mystery flavor, in which you guess what it is and send in your guess.