A fun little toy I just discovered

wdm1219inpenna

Here's the link to a fun little program I just discovered. You can simulate MLB games, NFL games, NBA, NHL, College Football & College Hoops too. All teams represented from pretty much all seasons it appears.

http://www.whatifsports.com/mlb/default.asp#top

Was fun having the 76 Bucs play at the 79 Steelers, and Pittsburgh winning 52-0.

I did a 68 Jets vs 68 Colts. You can even pick the stadium, and they had the Orange Bowl as a choice. I remember one Colts' player saying "If we played them 10 times, we'd beat them 9 out of 10." I did 10 simulations and the Jets won 1, the Colts won 8, and there was one tie. Makes me wonder if indeed the Super Bowl III winners were in fact a fluke.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is pretty cool! Finally get to see what some of the best teams of different eras would do if they played one another. (Only flaw that I've found is that it uses anyone who played that season so I had guys playing who were traded for one another :upside: )

For anyone wondering, in a seven game playoff series, the 2013-24 Kings overcame a 3-1 series deficit to defeat the 2006-07 Ducks in game 7 at Anaheim :lol:

So I've been using this nonstop the past two days, and damn the 76-77 Habs are just incredible. I've done four playoff series with them and they only lost one game, to the 87-88 Oilers.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

So I've been using this nonstop the past two days, and damn the 76-77 Habs are just incredible. I've done four playoff series with them and they only lost one game, to the 87-88 Oilers.

Doesn't surprise me.

That Habs team is one of the best ever, if not the best.

It will probably never be equaled.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I just tried the 88-89 Flames vs the 87-88 Oilers.

I did two series and both were won by the Flames 4 games to 1.

In both series Doug Gilmour was the main reason--he scored in every game and had a few hat tricks.

Definitely the series MVP both times.

So I tried it a third time--and it was a sweep for the Flames.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

For anyone wondering, in a seven game playoff series, the 2013-24 Kings overcame a 3-1 series deficit to defeat the 2006-07 Ducks in game 7 at Anaheim :lol:

Thank you for letting me know that this program is garbage and not having me waste my time with it.

Yes, team that steamrolled its competition and was never really close to even facing elimination versus a team that faced elimination seven times and was damn near swept out of the first round. Nope.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Just played the 0-16 2008 Detroit Lions against the 2007 16-0 New England Patriots.

58-3 New England. Thanks Jason Hanson for those 3 points.

Elect him to the Pro Football Hall of Fame! But seriously, he is one of the greatest kickers in NFL history.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

How about that? First try and the '87 Browns beat the '87 Broncos 20-13 at Mile High. No Earnest Byner fumble this time! Then I replayed the '86 AFC title game and, just as I thought at the time, the Broncos were the better team with 2 straight blow out wins. Based on that, I guess the Browns were lucky to even be in that game. Now "The Drive" doesn't seem like such a big deal. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Interesting thought: These teams are set up relative to the competition of their day, but if you played a random 70's Super Bowl winner against the 08 Lions with both teams at their peak that Lions team would destroy that team. The physical size difference would be overwhelming and the game wouldn't be close. It'd be like a DI team against a DII team.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I had the 2014 Miami Hurricanes play the 2014 Oregon Ducks. I simmed it 4 times and Miami won in a shootout every time. Duke Johnson went off each game. In real life, I fail to believe this at all. Al Golden would obviously find a way to lose by 30 to the Ducks.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived