If you can change the color of a face mask to improve a look?

csura999

I'd love to see the Rams use a gold facemask. It'd really make their helmets pop. Seriously, I don't understand how this looks anything but boring:

1031.gif

The horn would get lost in the gold mask if you ask me so I would not like the look.

I am sucker for these type of unique helmets so I love this even with the Navy.

I agree a gold mask would bleed into the horns which would really muddle the design and draw attention away from the horns. That is the opposite of pop.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was surprised so many people don't like the red facemasks on the Patriots. I think it's just the right amount of red to compliment to red elsewhere on the uniform.

I photoshopped a silver and navy facemask.

I like the silver second and navy third. I think the blue just looks odd. Maybe I'm not used to it.

gronk-facemasks.jpg

I actually like the red better with uniform but it looks out of place when the helmet is on its own.

It's lipstick on a pig, IMO. Those uniforms are terrible. I can't think of one good quality.

I was surprised so many people don't like the red facemasks on the Patriots. I think it's just the right amount of red to compliment to red elsewhere on the uniform.

I like the silver second and navy third. I think the blue just looks odd. Maybe I'm not used to it.

gronk-facemasks.jpg

I actually like the red better with uniform but it looks out of place when the helmet is on its own.

It's lipstick on a pig, IMO. Those uniforms are terrible. I can't think of one good quality.

I love the red on silver and hope it never changes.

spacer.png

I'd love to see the Rams use a gold facemask. It'd really make their helmets pop. Seriously, I don't understand how this looks anything but boring:

1031.gif

The horn would get lost in the gold mask if you ask me so I would not like the look.

I agree a gold mask would bleed into the horns which would really muddle the design and draw attention away from the horns. That is the opposite of pop.

Not a bad idea, but the Rams may be returning to LA, there's talk of not one, but two teams relocating. If that happens, the gold and blue color scheme of the St. Louis Rams will almost certainly be over, as the team will probably return to the old Los Angeles Rams colors. It could be blue/white, or the 1973-mid 90s, blue/yellow.

1031.gif

Agreed. This also puts the lie to the common argument that gray facemasks are "neutral" and don't stand out. A gray facemask would be no different from a gold one, it would still distract from the helmet design and stick out like a sore thumb.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

gronk-facemasks.jpg

I think the navy looks great. It just does a little to clean up a pretty junky look. If they went with the current helmet + the navy mask, and went at the rest of the uniform with some pruning shears to clear out all the early-2000-ish elements, they could save this uniform.

Archived