Detroit Lions Concept

__taylorc

Hello everyone I'm finally back on the site again, I've been running into some bad luck lately but everything seems too be in cruise control right now. So anyway I was watching the Lions-Vikings game today and I thought how cool would it be if the Lions would merge there Barry Sanders era uniforms and color scheme in with the new Lions look, so here this is.

-Basically the biggest change was that I dropped Black from the color scheme

-Kept main logo except without the Black outline

-I brought back the old Helmet, Sleeve, and Pant Striping

-Kept the new Lions Font

-Kept the Lions wordmark on the uniform

-And I brought back the Blue pants

Oh yeah also tell me how the Nike Mach Speed Template looks!

mfQ7ucQ.jpg6gwtiNO.jpgYLguuJu.jpgIzPV2zn.jpgNow I know there are gonna be some people that will not like the Monochromatic Blue's but I decided too throw them in anyway.

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

My only nitpick here is that the new numbers look a little too thin at certain points (bottom of the hoop of the 9) when they're not double outlined. I'm a fan of teams' helmets matching their pants, but the blue pants are pretty sharp...so long as they're not wearing solid blue socks with them.

Otherwise, I'd be just fine if the Lions wore these every week.

My only nitpick here is that the new numbers look a little too thin at certain points (bottom of the hoop of the 9) when they're not double outlined. I'm a fan of teams' helmets matching their pants, but the blue pants are pretty sharp...so long as they're not wearing solid blue socks with them.

That's exactly what I think. The numbers need a double outline just to look right. That's what you miss with no black. Other than that though, I like it.

That's exactly what I think. The numbers need a double outline just to look right. That's what you miss with no black. Other than that though, I like it.

Perhaps a blue then silver outline would work better? Just throwing out ideas.

Otherwise I like it a lot. I've always liked the Lions with no black, and I certainly wouldn't mind the monochrome look a couple weeks of the season.

I also really like that template. Do you have an .SVG version you would be willing to share? :)

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

personally i dont like the Lions without a bit of black, the whole identity looks stale to me without it, but what you're going for is a gray/blue palette and besides the Cowboys jersey/pants stripes its executed well. but changing the stripes a bit will really separate them from Dallas

you might want to throw some NFL socks in there if you can too.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I was actually thinking the same thing when I was making it, but I do have a solution to make the numbers look better

My only issue is that the stripes are too similar to the Cowboys. Given that the Cowboys have a similar template of silver helmet, silver pants, blue themed jerseys, it might be better to avoid confusion.

I see what you guys are talking about, ill fix the sleeve striping on the update tomorrow

Perhaps a blue then silver outline would work better? Just throwing out ideas.

Otherwise I like it a lot. I've always liked the Lions with no black, and I certainly wouldn't mind the monochrome look a couple weeks of the season.

I also really like that template. Do you have an .SVG version you would be willing to share? :)

I'm going to release the template...but just not right now theres a few things I need to fix before I share the template. And I only have it as an .AI but i dont believe that .SVG and .AI are too different unless someone would want to convert it.

I'll be posting an update tomorrow, I just finally hopped on the computer too look at all the feedback so expect it tomorrow

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

This. I'd actually just make the silver stroke the same color as the number itself. There's enough silver on the jersey otherwise.

Archived