UNC Wilmington Seahawks have officially unveiled their new Athletics logo today (January 28, 2015)

Luke_Groundrunner

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the new wordmarks are already in place on the basketball jerseys. If you compare to the "leaked" logos from above it seems as though they match.

passthru_imagecredit_freddiecaapofw_copy

This attempt to blend eras with a sea green, navy, and yellow color combination is not working at all.

this is by far my least favorite joe bosack logo ever...i am a UNCW graduate and I got really excited when I found out bosack was working on this project - while this logo is a definite upgrade vs. the previous logo, it just doesn't do it for me - the osprey (or seahawk) is an incredibly powerful bird of prey and has some very unique markings, especially around the eyes - none of the character/spirit of this bird was captured in the logo - i think the wave that has been incorporated in the UNCW logo was something that should have been retained in some way, as well - this logo is a bit static and, quite honestly, boring...which is something i've never said about a bosack design before (and didn't think i ever would)

jldesigns404eo.png

I like it, don't love it.

They need to kill anything with the navy background, kill it with fire. The "navy" and sea green wash out. If that blue was a true navy, it would work.

It looks like yellow it's going to be a huge part of their rebrand judging by their basketball game last night. Also, apparently you can wear a long-sleeved undershirt in college hoops.

rp_primary_uncwelon5.jpg

I like that they scrapped the old logo, but the new one is pretty terrible. Looks cliparty to me.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The highlighter yellow does not fit IMO. The head alone logo is lackluster, the winged-W shaped bird is the best thing but even then it's an alternate. The W in the head is a nice touch, the letter forms/typography look good. What Bosack did for the CSUN Matadors and Murray State Racers was good stuff, this is not near as engaging.

Not a fan of the sandwiched wordmarks. The team name shouldn't look like it's between two pieces of bread. Though I am hungrier after seeing them.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I love those new seafoam green uniforms, and the new logo is a big upgrade, though it would be hard for it to not be. It resembles UT Martin a little too much for my taste.

That said, I'm glad there's no longer a CAA team with such an amature looking logo

Archived