Toronto Raptors rebrand

MkDon

I would prefer the logo with a purple circle outline. Here's a concept of how i want the Raptors court to look like if this is our new logo:

iSTEDDm.png

Something like this ..would look nice but still looks like Brooklyn meets Memphis.

I like it as a secondary logo, but I want purple back in some capacity.

What he said!! More emphasis on purple.
shado_logo.gif

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of my opinions on this logo have been said in earlier posts, but I'll mention them. Brooklyn immediately came to mind, the logo is incredibly boring and is a less inspired claw/ball logo than the one that they use now, and they need to move away from the red and black. The Bulls, Blazers, and Heat all have won championships in those colours. Purple and red is a colour scheme that is unique to North American pro sport, and it's one that the Raptors could own. I'm also hoping they don't try and shoehorn too many maple leaves into the rebrand. I find it a bit patronizing when teams feel like Canadian fans need to see a maple leaf on a logo/jersey to identify with a sports team.

Looks better without the stroke

5wL4y6W.jpg

^^ agree with this.

I'd like to see it with the WE THE NORTH font also. Not sure how that'd look tho.

I was really hoping they'd go back and rework the Barney-era wordmark. Last week actually I reworked it myself and added a "Toronto" version since, to my knowledge, they never had it.

tumblr_ngld2sG00S1tdpwfwo1_1280.png

Well played Brooklyn.

I can't say the Raptors logo is bad, it's just boring. At least with the Nets the black and white was unique and it stood out. This just looks like it's unfinished and waiting to be colored in. Tbh, the current claw/ball secondary they have is a far better logo and should've been upgraded to primary if they were going to do this.

Raptors just tweeted this image...

B5P7Z3ECYAEIN24.jpg

Also, team reported said he can confirm that this is the new logo but that the uniforms and final color scheme would be coming at a later date.

I must say that's disappointing. I was hoping this "leak" was just a concept. I think this identity works for the Nets, but does not for the Raptors. The Raptors have a unique identity and it should be embraced. This is simply uninspiring.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

It's not that bad of a logo. But in a basketball world, it's sort of a layup, while something like the Hornets logo is a half court shot. My main issue is that it is too close to the Nets. It's almost kind of ironic.(You know, the whole ":censored: Brooklyn" thing...) Actually, I was a part of the vocal group that did not like the Nets brand, but it has made an impact on me, and now, I really like it.

Since there is gold in there, Mr. Global Ambassador had a hand in it. Since, from what I've seen, Drake loves the 90s' throwbacks, but I don't think the logo reflects an in-your-face branding.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived