Toronto Raptors rebrand

MkDon

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without purple they'll never look like the Raptors to me. They seem dead set on becoming the Padres of the NBA.

How? They've changed colors once, and all they did was remove one color from the mix; red, silver and black have been part of their identity since day 1.

Purple was their primary color with the rest as accents. Removing purple and leaving the rest gives them too much in common with Chicago and Portland, who have been doing red and black longer and better. They should have committed to the Drake colors as their own if they were going to rebrand. At least they would have a palette to themselves.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Without purple they'll never look like the Raptors to me. They seem dead set on becoming the Padres of the NBA.

How? They've changed colors once, and all they did was remove one color from the mix; red, silver and black have been part of their identity since day 1.

By not using the color scheme that best defines the franchise, despite making "updates."

I suppose we're stuck with these for at least 3-4yrs. Until a few of Masai, Drake, DeRozan, etc are out of the picture... which frankly I'm not hoping for because that'd likely mean a return to losing culture.

The only way to win now is if the team offers up some purple throwback games for 2016-17 (seeing as we're not having them this season) & fans show a passionate response.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• 2 weeks later...

Archived