Toronto Raptors rebrand

MkDon

I for one like the new logo, hope they keep purple in the color scheme.

As for "we the north". It's slangy/hip hop-y. That runs hand n hand with basketball culture. All you grammar nazis need to chill for a sec. If the fan base embraces it and it gets a point across then I see no problem with it.

I'm a Raptors fan and I think it sounds stupid. No one is being a "grammar Nazi" if they expect society to uphold a basic level of literacy.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We the North" always seemed a little off to me, and thinking about it like "We the People" helped me realize why. If they're really patterning it after "We the People", it doesn't make sense. "We the People" is not some kind of bold declaration of unity among Americans, it's just the subject of a sentence; it's the appetizer. The important stuff all comes later. It's like making your slogan, "And Then on Tuesday".

In addition, although I like Admiral's mock up in the blue/white color scheme, I don't think every city has to adopt the same palette, unless it was already well established for years, such as Pittsburgh or Arizona/Phoenix.

No, every city doesn't, but with the way the Raptors and Maple Leafs are tied together (can't buy Leafs tickets without buying Raptors tickets), you might as well make them look like the MLSE subsidiary they are.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'll cast my vote as one of the fans who says the anthropomorphic raptor should stay, at least as a third logo, due to it's timeless design and throwback to other human like animals. I'm also with the mob who says it's too close to Brooklyn and involving purple again makes a look more distinctive and allows fans to brand themselves more originally, compared to the slew of red/black or black/white combinations the NBA uses already. In addition, although I like Admiral's mock up in the blue/white color scheme, I don't think every city has to adopt the same palette, unless it was already well established for years, such as Pittsburgh or Arizona/Phoenix.

Well, in Toronto, the Argonauts have been wearing blue and white since 1873, the Leafs since 1917, and the Blue Jays since 1977. The Rock, Marlies, and University of Toronto wear blue as well, and historically the Marlboros, Huskies, Blueshirts, and Toros have too. It's very deeply enriched in Toronto sports history, and it's the colour of our flag to boot.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

What's bothering me the most is the font that's used for the team name. It's like the Flyers NOB block, as opposed to standard block (meaning that it has notches on the inside and outside of the letters.) I think that something that is more square and less angular would have worked much better - like standard NOB font or anything else with less dramatic angles. The letter P in the last picture is just comical.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived