Toronto Raptors rebrand

MkDon

Is anyone else tired of seeing Basketball logo's mostly feature a Basketball in them? I like the Raptors when they actually had a RAPTOR in the logo. Cool another bounce ball. GO figure....

21 of the 30 professional teams feature a basketball. (Wizards feature 2!)

opposed to :

10 of 30 MLB teams featuring a baseball. (2 feature a bat)

4 of 30 NHL teams that feature a puck. (4 feature a stick)

2 of 32 NFL teams feature a football.

NBA is a joke

This has long bothered me. Like the league is so small time that people won't know what sport they play. Really?

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I presume it has been, in the past, a conscious effort on the part of the league to raise the profile of the sport in general.

Don't forget that it wasn't that long ago when the Finals games were only broadcast on tape delay after the local news and Johnny Carson show.

I honestly never liked the name "Raptors" to begin with. This logo, in my opinion, is better than the cartoon raptor, but it's still very bland and could've been better.

How is Raptors any worse then Dolphins ? and everybody loves freaking Dinosaurs man , it´s a great name imo

-

now there is only a ball with marks on it ? where the hell is the dino who did it ? and that you named your team after. Afterall they are not called he Toronto scratch marks

If you want a really liberal interpretation of "raptor"...

F-22%2BRaptor%2BStealth%2Bfighter%2Bjet.

Sure. Naming your Canadian team after an American fighter jet fits right in with aping the US Constitution for team spirit.

Is anyone else tired of seeing Basketball logo's mostly feature a Basketball in them? I like the Raptors when they actually had a RAPTOR in the logo. Cool another bounce ball. GO figure....

21 of the 30 professional teams feature a basketball. (Wizards feature 2!)

opposed to :

10 of 30 MLB teams featuring a baseball. (2 feature a bat)

4 of 30 NHL teams that feature a puck. (4 feature a stick)

2 of 32 NFL teams feature a football.

NBA is a joke

The NBA also has that stupid real that city and team name both must be in the primary logo, which leads to almost no teams actually using their primary logo on things.

It's not "We (We're) the North", it's meant to be "We, the North".

But it does come across as the other way and sounds stupid as hell.

I think "We The North" is fine... its a slogan, it doesn't have to a complete structured sentance with puntuation.

Plus think of it along the lines of "We Got Next" - its just basketball culture not neccesarily hip-hop.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Wonder what the secondary logos will be ...

I heard now that this is the secondary logo ? Someone on another board mentioned that an official tweet from raptors is calling this a "new alternate logo". Or am I miss-leading ?

4kv29i.jpg

Wonder what the secondary logos will be ...

I heard now that this is the secondary logo ? Someone on another board mentioned that an official tweet from raptors is calling this a "new alternate logo". Or am I miss-leading ?

I think the red, black and silver version of the logo is the primary, and the gold and silver version is the alternate logo.

If you want a really liberal interpretation of "raptor"...

Sure. Naming your Canadian team after an American fighter jet fits right in with aping the US Constitution for team spirit.
And the Jets already did it
No, they didn't.

Archived