Toronto Raptors rebrand

MkDon

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playoff tees for the Raptors. The numbers on the new jerseys should look like this./quote]Those shirts are awesome. The huge 6 looks great. Oversized printing is definitely a contemporary trend...looks good.

And why would anyone expect the numbers to not be block numbers after looking at the logo?

"October's very own"? I don't get it. I'm surprised it doesn't say "Riding thru the 6 with my woes".

Octobers Very Own is drakes brand/label.

And not to be a douche but the correct lyric is "runnin thru the 6 with my woes." :)

Well maybe Drake should find a baseball team to promote because that phrase doesn't make much sense for playoff basketball
ovo is the brand, think of it as having Adidas or Nike's name printed

Can't get over how bad that Raptors logo is. Absolute trash. I just don't understand why completely boring, generic, and lazy is the trend in NBA design.

I guess that's the downside of simplistic design, things can look a bit bland and lifeless at times.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Playoff tees for the Raptors. The numbers on the new jerseys should look like this.PLAYOFFSHIRT_FRONT.jpgPLAYOFFSHIRT_BACK.jpg

Those shirts are awesome. The huge 6 looks great. Oversized printing is definitely a contemporary trend...looks good.

And why would anyone expect the numbers to not be block numbers after looking at the logo?

"October's very own"? I don't get it. I'm surprised it doesn't say "Riding thru the 6 with my woes".

And not to be a douche but the correct lyric is "runnin thru the 6 with my woes." :)

Well maybe Drake should find a baseball team to promote because that phrase doesn't make much sense for playoff basketball

Your comment makes no sense. It's not a phrase its the name of a brand/label. "October's Very Own" is not meant to promote basketball. No different than having "NIKE" or "SPRITE" on the back of a shirt.

Hmm. I wonder how that works. Does TOR have an exemption to the NBA's merch deal with Adidas, or can every team distribute official merch produced by other manufacturers? Or, does the fact that TOR hasn't officially adopted the new logo yet actually allow them to skirt the Adidas license deal?

I know the NBA works with multiple licensees other than Adidas. But Drake has an endorsement deal with Nike/Jordan. I wonder if OVO has any similar deal with Nike.

As I watched the Raptors' playoff game vs the Wizards yesterday...not that I hadn't already felt this way, I can't help but think the Raptors' uniforms should be left alone. There's really nothing wrong with them, and short of the removal of purple they also haven't been touched since Vince Carter played there, so they've built up a certain amount of equity. They're actually one of my favorite NBA sets if I'm honest, just for how unique they are. It'll be a shame to see those go.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

anybody also realizes all the "6's" in the crowd..there was 1000 combinations of "666". Toronto is official a demonic team!! :oops:

Hear me out.

Your post # in this thread was 353.

666 - 353 = 313

353. 313. Take the sum of the first, second, and then third numbers. 3+3. 5+1. 3+3.

What do you get?

6. 6. 6.

:upside:

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Roff@ jvillejags!!!! Thats pretty messed up but funny.

I honestly think the new logo would look better without that round outline.

CDFrKkfVAAAHRbE.jpg

Soooo much better but remember the colors ain't black and white otherwise it would work.

Of course I know it's not black and white, I'm just showing everyone here how the new logo would look like without that fad outline.

anybody also realizes all the "6's" in the crowd..there was 1000 combinations of "666". Toronto is official a demonic team!! :oops:

Hear me out.

Your post # in this thread was 353.

666 - 353 = 313

353. 313. Take the sum of the first, second, and then third numbers. 3+3. 5+1. 3+3.

What do you get?

6. 6. 6.

:upside:

Illuminati

Game 2 shirts

fervhXP.png

Those are terrible.

What are they supposed to say, "TO"?

In the book Naming Canada: Stories about Canadian Place Names, Alan Rayburn states that "no place in Canada has as many sobriquets as Toronto." Among them are the nicknames:

• "TO" or "T.O.", from Toronto, Ontario, or from Toronto; pronounced "Tee-Oh". Sometimes used as T-dot.

Archived