Toronto Raptors rebrand

MkDon

Someone over at Realgm forums mocked up these from the new wordmark/colors/logos. I don't hate them, I feel that a simpler the design the more effective the jersey will be. as per Celtics, Spurs, Lakers, Bulls, Knicks. Simple stands the test of time, trends change and less is more.

2cpywk8.jpg

These would be a LOT cleaner and better upgrade then the one below.

vGbFjmc.jpg

The neckline in these just doesnt do it for me. Looks to Brooklyn-ish!

I'm sure it's just natural inclination to compare everything in the rebrand to the Nets... But no.

brookLopez.jpg

If executed similarly enough to this concept- these jerseys may be the most unique part of the brand. Still a modern, original look when compared to other black/red teams in the NBA.

xOwzChW.jpg

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame that the Raptors are going to look that dull and boring, assuming those mock pics are close.

I love classic looks for certain teams. But we're not talking about the Boston Celtics here, this is a team that was made in, what, like 1994? And they're named the Raptors. I mean c'mon. If any sports team has a license to be creative and edgy it's the team named the Raptors. Not everyone needs a classic/old school look.

But who knows, maybe I should wait until the real uniforms are unveiled.

90758391980.gif

So out of curiosity, I had to jump on a design and based on what others have designed and, what I think the Raptors uniforms will look like based off the rumors and the script that we have seen.

raptors_uniforms4_zpscv0mjtf3.png

*edit* I added the both alternates even though I know its not accurate. I also changed the collar colours on the alternate because it was killing me ! lol, But I just wanted to get my two cents in, on what I think the uniforms will look like.

For some reason I think there will be gold added into the uniform design. Based off what we saw with the "Big 6" t-shirt design that was presented to the fans for the Raptors home game, I think it will be some Metallica finish to gold ball under the numbers to stand out. Plus with the "drake night" going all gold ( I'm assuming ) I think it will apply to all the uniforms . But who knows. I'm sure i'm reading too far into this but. I guess in the mean time it gives us something to think about.

4kv29i.jpg

So out of curiosity, I had to jump on a design and based on what others have designed and, what I think the Raptors uniforms will look like based off the rumors and the script that we have seen.raptors_uniforms3_zpsnd2xdhtm.png

*edit* I added the both alternates even though I know its not accurate. But I just wanted to get my two cents in, on what I think the uniforms will look like.

For some reason I think there will be gold added into the uniform design. Based off what we saw with the "Big 6" t-shirt design that was presented to the fans for the Raptors home game, I think it will be some Metallica finish to gold ball under the numbers to stand out. Plus with the "drake night" going all gold ( I'm assuming ) I think it will apply to all the uniforms . But who knows. I'm sure i'm reading too far into this but. I guess in the mean time it gives us something to think about.

Wouldn't be mad at this at all

Sometimes I just want to crumple every single Toronto sports team into a newspaper ball (you know of what I speak!!) throw it against a wall.

I mean, it's f'd cuz they spend money. Even the Leafs who can't spend past the cap, write blank cheques for any/all off-ice personnel... & for what?

Jays have one of the best offenses in MLB, & yet they're sidled with last place in the AL East (though when you look at the 5x other division 5th placers in MLB, they're not gawd awful).

Raptors? Just rode smoke & mirrors to a wasted season of guys ageing another year & burning another year of their contracts.

TFC can at least score some goals, finally.

Argos meanwhile will probably win another Grey Cup next season while no one cares.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Sometimes I just want to crumple every single Toronto sports team into a newspaper ball (you know of what I speak!!) throw it against a wall.

I mean, it's f'd cuz they spend money. Even the Leafs who can't spend past the cap, write blank cheques for any/all off-ice personnel... & for what?

Jays have one of the best offenses in MLB, & yet they're sidled with last place in the AL East (though when you look at the 5x other division 5th placers in MLB, they're not gawd awful).

Raptors? Just rode smoke & mirrors to a wasted season of guys ageing another year & burning another year of their contracts.

TFC can at least score some goals, finally.

Argos meanwhile will probably win another Grey Cup next season while no one cares.

I don't see how you can be a Raptors fan and not be happy with how they are doing. I could be wrong about this, but didn't the Raptors have their best season ever this year, at least record-wise? I mean that is saying a lot for a franchise that has been relatively popular and successful for a large part of their existence.

Maybe it is just the fact that I have been a Wizards/Bullets fan for the past 20 years, and have therefore seen some really bad basketball at times, but I am grateful just for my team making the playoffs. Even if the Wizards lose every single game for the rest of the postseason, I'll be happy with how they did this season.

The Raptors weren't swept by a bad team. The Wizards did seem to get hot all of a sudden during that series, but even I don't think they are a team that the Raptors should be ashamed of losing to or even being swept by.

For MLB and the Jays, it is just too early to tell. I'm an O's fan, and they won the division last year yet they were in last place just a few days ago (maybe they still are). I'm still exicted to root for them.

So out of curiosity, I had to jump on a design and based on what others have designed and, what I think the Raptors uniforms will look like based off the rumors and the script that we have seen.raptors_uniforms3_zpsnd2xdhtm.png

*edit* I added the both alternates even though I know its not accurate. But I just wanted to get my two cents in, on what I think the uniforms will look like.

I absolutely love these

Guy posted this on realgm forum regarding raptors upcoming jerseys: not sure if he's full of :censored: but he claims to know what they will look like

"I can confirm the jerseys will look like this however it will be a V-Neck. A friend of mine knows someone that works for NBA Canada and showed him pictures of our new jerseys, court and the 2016 NBA All-Star Game Logo. Those jerseys looks exactly how he described it with the exception of the v-neck. Home colour will be white and away will be all red, there will be an OVO black and gold alternate as well. I know this doesn't sound believable but just watch, he also said the All-Star logo looks like complete a**. Feel free to call me a liar and ridicule me but just wait and watch, these are the jerseys. He even said how the logo is like a belly button on the jersey. The trim I can't confirm though but the the lettering and logo placement is legit. They plan on releasing numerous versions through out the next couple years, he told me there will be a grey jersey and their will also be one that says "WE THE NORTH" instead of raptors." icon_ead2.gif

vGbFjmc.jpg

Archived