The worst logos in NCAA Division I - Schools that are in dire need of a rebrand.

Luke_Groundrunner

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I chose the Arkansas State Red Wolves because it looks like it's weeping. Remove those white streaks coming from the eyes, and I would like it.60588462008.gif

As noted above, as much as Toonces was mocked for LSU, the beloved old tiger is a bit of a mess, as well.

The AF for Air Force is too plain compared to the eagles and thunderbolts they have used previously. Maine looks more like a cat than a bear, Monmouth's hawk looks really bored, the Oregon State beaver is a bird/shark fin, UNC Asheville could be AL,AN,AZ... etcetera, etcetera.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

A few more nominees, although I may offend many loyalties (Part 1):

05i7bhidxxhy1et8cenggg18k.gif

LSU dropped Toonces this year, and it slowly integrating the new Tiger logo into things. It's currently on the football helmets.

1332948.jpg

Toonces wasn't the most menacing logo, but IMO it was light-years ahead of either of these other ones. The old one looks like a Jackson Pollack painting, and the "improved" one makes it look like a 100 lb fatcat.

Funny-Fat-Cat.jpg

A few more nominees, although I may offend many loyalties (Part 1):

05i7bhidxxhy1et8cenggg18k.gif

LSU dropped Toonces this year, and it slowly integrating the new Tiger logo into things. It's currently on the football helmets.

1332948.jpg

Toonces wasn't the most menacing logo, but IMO it was light-years ahead of either of these other ones. The old one looks like a Jackson Pollack painting, and the "improved" one makes it look like a 100 lb fatcat.

Funny-Fat-Cat.jpg

LOL, that fat cat looks miserable.

Oregon State and Arkansas State Red Wolves are well executed design-wise and in my mind they don't belong in a list of the absolute worst. And I've always kind of liked the unique qualities of the Hartford Hawks logo, although it's far from perfect and could be updated.

The Columbia Lions is stylized pretty well but it just looks awkwardly happy. I'm surprised to see how many awfully rendered cat logos still exist.

Niagara Purple Eagles is on a whole other level of terrible. That thing looks like its face is decaying and falling apart.

But Alcorn State's is the worst in my book. How do they even embroider that thing? If they just took off the glare they'd at least have something on par with Michigan or the College of Charleston.

Alcorn also has a flat 2D version they use as an secondary, but it's not that much better.

7012_alcorn_state_braves-alternate-2004%

Oregon State and Arkansas State Red Wolves are well executed design-wise and in my mind they don't belong in a list of the absolute worst. And I've always kind of liked the unique qualities of the Hartford Hawks logo, although it's far from perfect and could be updated.

The Columbia Lions is stylized pretty well but it just looks awkwardly happy. I'm surprised to see how many awfully rendered cat logos still exist.

Niagara Purple Eagles is on a whole other level of terrible. That thing looks like its face is decaying and falling apart.

But Alcorn State's is the worst in my book. How do they even embroider that thing? If they just took off the glare they'd at least have something on par with Michigan or the College of Charleston.

Alcorn also has a flat 2D version they use as an secondary, but it's not that much better.

7012_alcorn_state_braves-alternate-2004%

1. Take discontinued Vanderbilt logo.

BillMarinangel150x200.jpg

2. Flip.

3. Recolor.

4. Edit text.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I don't see why Grambling and Howard are on this list. Grambling has had their G logo almost just as long as the Packers and Ge orgia have, and doesn't Howard claim to have created the red-streaked bison logo before the Bills?

Here's some I would add to the list:

Mercer Bears

Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (Mouthful for sure)

Portland Pilots (Their old logo was great)

Tennessee State Tigers

And any bird logo with teeth. Here's looking at you Louisville and UMass-Lowell.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Definitely Tennessee State and Mercer.

Others:

Air Force

Alcorn State

Appalachain State (Yosef is terrible, their 'A' logo is pretty decent, but their mountain-face logo is amazing, IMO)

Belmont

Boston U

Colorado College

Coppin State

UCI (You could make a sick anteater logo if you tried)

Drexel

Eastern Michigan

Fairleigh Dickinson

Ferris State

FAMU

Fordham (Their previous looked better)

Jackson State

Lake Superior State

LIU-Brooklyn

Loyola

Maine

Maryland-Eastern Shore

Michigan Tech

NC-Wilmington (Really excited to see what their update is)

Niagara

Norfolk State

North Dakota

Northeastern

Northern Arizona (It looks like clipart right now; secondary looks much better)

Northern Colorado

Northern Michigan

Radford

Rhode Island

Richmond (Maybe just clean it up a bit)

San Francisco

South Carolina State

Southern Illinois

Stony Brook (Go back to the old one, please)

Texas Southern

UMass Lowell

USC Upstate

VMI

Archived