kewp80

So it's been a while since I've posted a sports identity concept and finished this last week so I figured I would share.

My main goal for this was to try and modernize their identity while keeping the classic feel they have had for years. I also wanted to get rid of the black in the brand marks since they really have no black in their identity.Another major change is a switch from the scarlet red they use to a warmer vermilion. Which coincidentally while I was doing research I found that Cinnabar (the ore of mercury used to make vermilion dye) is commonly found throughout northern California.

PrimaryampColors.png

On the primary mark the major change is the new typeface that is found throughout this concept. I used the Kimberly font and modified it using the Kansas basketball font for reference to make it a modern western theme. I also ditched the black outline for coherency.

SecondaryampWord.png

The secondary is a take on the shield logo that they used to use in the past. The shape has a double meaning as the shape is meant to resemble the state highway signs, which is turn is shaped like a miners spade. The secondary and word mark is simply a continuation of the new typeface.

Uniforms.png

Not too much change to the uniforms as they have a very nice classic look already IMO. Obviously the red is switched to the new vermilion shade, and the new primary mark on the helmet. Also decided to add the secondary mark on the hip at the last second. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but decided to see what you guys think of it. The major change is the new number font based on the new western typeface. I hope to release the whole set of numbers soon as I'm still working on it.

So there you go! What do you guys think of the new font and color changes? Also any other C&C is much appreciated :)

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Couple things...

I get a very greenish-tinge from your choice of gold. Is it the same the Niners currently use? To me, it vibrates against your new red. A red this light would work better with a more yellowish gold.

I think the ERS of the wordmark should be a little bolder, to match the weight of the numbers. They look like an entirely different weight, instead of just shorter versions of the same weight of the 49.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

So do you want black or not? Because you said you don't want black, but you have black all over the logos.

Those are simply the black and white versions for printing purposes. Gotta cover all the bases man.

Ah. Okay.

I agree with Slapshot. The gold it too greenish. I'd also say put an outline on the logo. But this isn't too bad. I like the direction you have here.

I definitely don't feel the gold is touching on green much. I really enjoy what I see here, the uniforms are perfectly simple. The font used I personally love. Everything is really to the point and no beating around the bush. Would be so simple, straight forward and good looking that I'd enjoy seeing this happen! No complaints here!

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Personally, I prefer the current red they use, but overall I think it's a nice visual consistent look. I agree with MCH, the primary could use some sort of outline.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I'm digging everything except for the rounded triangle logo. It doesn't work with the rest of the set, IMO. Really love the font you used for the other logos though. Nice job.

XcryMwi.png

Thanks for all the comments guys. I've been driving the better part of two days, finally in North Carolina!

I thought a more cooler gold would contrast better with the warmer red, but I'll play with it tomorrow. I'll also fix the weight of the "ERS" in the word mark as well.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived