New ESPN score bug

Lights Out

I guess not worth starting a new thread yet, but stumbling upon Iona-George Mason last night it looks like NBCSN's also test running a new graphics package as well. Looks like New Year's Day will be filled with new graphics packages between ESPN and NBC

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess not worth starting a new thread yet, but stumbling upon Iona-George Mason last night it looks like NBCSN's also test running a new graphics package as well. Looks like New Year's Day will be filled with new graphics packages between ESPN and NBC

Was it this one?

http://www.cuttlefishtech.com/2014/12/15/mysterious-new-nbcsn-graphics-roundup/

I really like that NBC score bug. Sweet simple, and most important readable.

Why the hell do you need the records of the teams on the score bug? That can be left for coming in and out of commercial breaks. Hell, I even think logos are a waste of space on a score bug, but I know that wont go over well here :P

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Was it this one?

http://www.cuttlefishtech.com/2014/12/15/mysterious-new-nbcsn-graphics-roundup/

Yep

Keep in mind it will probably be a little different for NHL/NFL/EPL because NBC traditionally doesn't use team logos for college sports scorebugs (ND on NBC being the exception)

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Looks like they've taken out the records for the teams playing. (Unless my TV isn't showing it...have SD and the right edge is cut off) Good move, if so. I didn't need to be reminded for 60 minutes what their won-loss records are.

However, their clock numbers and down/distance numbers are a bit small. No way you can read those if you're watching from a slight distance at a bar/restaurant.

I like the use of alternate logos.

I think it clutters it too much. I'd rather them use each school's script logo rather than their secondary right on top of their primary.

After getting a good look at it through the New Year's Six, I like the direction (and pairs very nicely with their Sportscenter graphics) but it needs some tinkering. I can get used to the new scorebug, but the time and quarter needs to be much larger. The other elements looked very nice, though, and I can't wait to see the direction they can go in with other schools and other sports.

oEQ0ySg.png

• 2 months later...

Anybody else noticed the new graphics package that ESPN begin using today for their college basketball studio shows? The score bar and in-game graphics are still the same, but I heard they will be changing too for Championship Week, along with a new theme, just like ESPN did with the college football playoffs.

vwX16ii.png

Jq1zHFf.png

21U9Gzv.png

They also debuted this new set earlier today.

VomsSw8.png

New theme?Never heard this before until tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRoUnQHSvpM&feature=youtu.be

I would've preferred if ESPN had a hard roll out, for both football and basketball, especially since they have been usimg this style since the summer, but I'm really starting to like it. Once everything comes together, it's all going to look like one cohesive unit of shows and games, instead of one set of graphics of College Football and College Basketball.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I would've preferred if ESPN had a hard roll out, for both football and basketball, especially since they have been usimg this style since the summer, but I'm really starting to like it. Once everything comes together, it's all going to look like one cohesive unit of shows and games, instead of one set of graphics of College Football and College Basketball.

I'm sure they will hop on it soon...I'm sure MLB games will get these too and they will be unveiled during spring training or Opening Night.

I would also say the NBA would get it (most likely during the playoffs), but I'm not sure if ESPN would happily abandon their 3D logos any time soon.

On a side note,ESPN just added their MLS games to the new graphics set...nothing complicated, just a clean, transparent one-line scoreboard as always including team logos. Currently awaiting to see if there is a animation for scoring goals

I'll see if I can get a screenshot as soon as the game finishes...(not gonna snap it from a camera because I might get roasted for that)

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

Archived