MCH's NFL Take 2 - Teaser - Washington Redskins

martymcfry

Some of you may have seen my first NFL thread, but that went bad because of lack of ideas and some trouble with taking C&C on my part - which I've gotten better on, so hopefully that won't be a problem - but before I kick it off in a couple weeks, I want to make sure I'm on the right track. So, without further ado, I give you the Washington Redskins.

2GXKPVn.pngg7fnXBq.png

I don't feel the Redskins' logo is racist - I can explain that if anyone's interested. Anyways, it's obvious I'm using the Mach Speed template, which pretty much eliminates the use of sock stripes, but there wasn't an Elite 51 template, so this is my only choice. On the design itself, it's obvious I took a lot of inspiration from '79 to '99 era uniforms. Those were the best, most consistent sets they've ever used, and it used a unique striping pattern. I got rid of the gold pant too - those were a bad idea from the start. Oh, and here's feature I'll include in the series - showing which combos are available to the team.

Burgundy/White

White/Burgundy

Okay, so that's not whole lot to explain. Please provide C&C and I'll really try to incorporate it this time.

I would go with full socks as opposed to the vapors

Yeah, well, that's the problem with the template. Mr. Nascar didn't make it with full socks, and I'm the last person you should com to for editing/making a template. If anyone wants to add full socks, go ahead, but right now I don't have another choice.

I'm not much of a fan of the white pants, I think the gold pants look best with the burgundy jersey.

Anyone else agree with this?

Execution is a lot better! I don't think the yellow name on the back would work on the white jersey, maybe outline the name on the back to make it match the numbers.

One way you could fix the sock problem is basically by just filling in the "skin" part of the leg with a different color, most NFL teams where double socks anyways so that shouldn't be a problem as long as that part of the template allows you to fill it.

Still would like to see some wordmarks and things like that used, it just helps the concept look more professional which is what you should be going for doing NFL teams, I know you are probably still trying to figure out gimp, that's a great program to add stuff like wordmarks and numbers because once you learn how you can re-color them and re-size them in gimp without it looking bad.

I like the concept as a whole though, it looks good for the Redskins.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Execution is a lot better! I don't think the yellow name on the back would work on the white jersey, maybe outline the name on the back to make it match the numbers.

One way you could fix the sock problem is basically by just filling in the "skin" part of the leg with a different color, most NFL teams where double socks anyways so that shouldn't be a problem as long as that part of the template allows you to fill it.

Still would like to see some wordmarks and things like that used, it just helps the concept look more professional which is what you should be going for doing NFL teams, I know you are probably still trying to figure out gimp, that's a great program to add stuff like wordmarks and numbers because once you learn how you can re-color them and re-size them in gimp without it looking bad.

I like the concept as a whole though, it looks good for the Redskins.

Yeah... about gimp. The whole program crashed and I had to uninstall it. Seems like that old CPU problem is acting up again :cry: . I will fit in in some of my concepts, it isn't really necessary on the Redskins though. I'll get to the wordmark and change it too.

Archived