Thrift Store Gems 2015

johnnysama

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another day, another find: A Fort Wayne Tincaps cap for $5. I also got a shirt w/ the Seattle Times front cover the day after "The Double" in 1995 for $3. Just in time for the 20th anniversary.... :D

UBwef0L.png

My thrift store beef: Idiot workers who actually staple the price tag right onto the fabric.....thus practically ruining it. Goodwill is spotty, but Salvation Army is awful. I've lost count of the items I would have bought that I passed on because of the hole in the shirt from the attached price tag. I once saw a big price tag hole on the front of a brand-new w/ tag Lauren polo shirt. Not to mention vintage sports t's & baseball jerseys. I've often wondered about the IQ of some of the workers in these places. But the real blame should go to the owners who are so clueless that the practice goes on.

My thrift store beef: Idiot workers who actually staple the price tag right onto the fabric.....thus practically ruining it. Goodwill is spotty, but Salvation Army is awful. I've lost count of the items I would have bought that I passed on because of the hole in the shirt from the attached price tag. I once saw a big price tag hole on the front of a brand-new w/ tag Lauren polo shirt. Not to mention vintage sports t's & baseball jerseys. I've often wondered about the IQ of some of the workers in these places. But the real blame should go to the owners who are so clueless that the practice goes on.

Most of these places hire people with learning disabilities. Sorry your life is so tough...
RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

I just joined and am not sure where to post this. My friend has an autographed shirt from about 30 years ago, but she doesn't know the team, sport or any pertinent information. Before she gives it to a thrift store, she would like to try to identify at least the team if not the signature to make sure she's not giving away something valuable.

It looks similar to the Philadelphia Eagles logo, but not exactly, so it's probably a different team and sport. She feels certain it's a least college or pro level.

Any ideas?

eagle-hawk_350px_zpszi3bch33.jpg?t=14266

I've been trying to find some info on this one but it's a doozie.

Picked up a few goodies at Value Village tonight...

Vintage Portland Timbers poncho!

17090039537_a08847c148_z_d.jpg
16675024014_2b1764c7fa_z_d.jpg

And this group of 4 vintage 1970s or 1980s baseball jerseys, team unknown.

17271536376_604c733788_z_d.jpg

All of the above for under $20!

Now I need to start poking around, and find out what team this was. It's the old Seattle Rainiers "R" logo, but the colors are the Mets' blue and orange. The tagging is from Powers Athletic, sizes 42 and 44.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

My best guess would be softball league jerseys sponsored by Rainier Beer. But I could be wrong.

I think that's a possibility. I wondered if they were from the Rainiers time in the Northwest League, but I'm pretty sure they wore red and white.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Donated almost every non-Ohio State or authentic jersey I owned to a Columbus, Ohio, Goodwill when I moved last year. Sadly, none of you have found them yet, but I'm hopeful that the person that does gets as much enjoyment out of them as I did.

What a haul for me today: A Brandon Stokely Colts jersey for $6, a Binghamton Mets cap for $5, a Toronto Blue Jays Roberto Alomar jersey for $10, an Edgerrin James jersey for $11, a LeBron jersey for $15 and a rare Mariners cap for $3. :D

UBwef0L.png

Tj4eck said: "Sorry your life is so tough"

The only tough part is dealing with smart aleck punks on message boards. There are no "people with disabilities" at any Salvation Army I've ever visited or donated to.

Watch out, guys, we got a badass over here.
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived