Thrift Store Gems 2015

johnnysama

What a haul for me today: A Brandon Stokely Colts jersey for $6, a Binghamton Mets cap for $5, a Toronto Blue Jays Roberto Alomar jersey for $10, an Edgerrin James jersey for $11, a LeBron jersey for $15 and a rare Mariners cap for $3. :D

can you post pics?

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here you go:

20150505_181648_zpsfzrhxuof.jpg

20150505_181710_zpsqxathaeh.jpg

20150505_181733_zps2p7jgiib.jpg

20150505_181814_zpsqt49b0rk.jpg

pMLB2-12498704dt.jpg

None of these items are for sale from me, however. If I find gear of teams that I hate in the future, though, then I will entertain offers. :)

Oh, and I love that nickname you've bestowed on me, TVIXX :D

UBwef0L.png

My thrift store beef: Idiot workers who actually staple the price tag right onto the fabric.....thus practically ruining it. Goodwill is spotty, but Salvation Army is awful. I've lost count of the items I would have bought that I passed on because of the hole in the shirt from the attached price tag. I once saw a big price tag hole on the front of a brand-new w/ tag Lauren polo shirt. Not to mention vintage sports t's & baseball jerseys. I've often wondered about the IQ of some of the workers in these places. But the real blame should go to the owners who are so clueless that the practice goes on.

Its extremely rare for those staples to actually leave permanent damage to any clothing... its all about how careful you are about removing them... an old-fasioned stapler remover does the job 99% of the time

Tj4eck said: "Sorry your life is so tough"

The only tough part is dealing with smart aleck punks on message boards. There are no "people with disabilities" at any Salvation Army I've ever visited or donated to.

Watch out, guys, we got a badass over here.

Tell me about it. And I can't speak for Salvation Army, but Goodwill hired plenty of disabled people. They have large photos of retarded people on their walls to advertise that they give jobs to all types of disabled people.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Mmmmm. Dat Alomar jersey doe....

Here you go:

20150505_181648_zpsfzrhxuof.jpg

pMLB2-12498704dt.jpg

None of these items are for sale from me, however. If I find gear of teams that I hate in the future, though, then I will entertain offers. :)

Oh, and I love that nickname you've bestowed on me, TVIXX :D

I'm in love with that Alomar jersey and Mariners cap.

I got that silver Mariners cap on ebay for about $5 including shipping on ebay a couple years ago. One of my best ebay gets - I like it even more than teal Mariners cap I have, it gives me Randy Johnson flashbacks.

I got that silver Mariners cap on ebay for about $5 including shipping on ebay a couple years ago. One of my best ebay gets - I like it even more than teal Mariners cap I have, it gives me Randy Johnson flashbacks.

I would post the obligatory bird-hitting gif, but that's from his days as member of the Diamondbacks.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Archived