3. Duval

4. Senna

5. Buemi

6. di Grassi

7. Piquet Jr.

8. Duran

9. Turvey

10. Prost

Piquet edges about Buemi by one point to win the inaugural Formula E world championship. Nelson Jr. has come a long way since crashgate, congrats all around!

Now, getting back to Fontana, Robin Miller has a few choice words for Mark Miles...

IMO, spot on...

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear IndyCar....

Never lose Fontana!!!! That was some excellent racing in California! Rahal finally getting a win, this was just a good race altogether! Next up the Milwaukee Mile

That race was fun to watch. Unfortunately all the road course background drivers absolutely hated it and will do all they can to make sure that kind of race never happens again. All of the drivers that came up racing ovals thought it was fun. That has been one of the big causes of trouble with Indycar is half the field has zero background racing ovals yet the series is owned and managed by the company responsible for the world's most famous oval. I'm sure many of the drivers would be happy to never race another oval again.

Dear IndyCar....

Never lose Fontana!!!! That was some excellent racing in California! Rahal finally getting a win, this was just a good race altogether! Next up the Milwaukee Mile

That race was fun to watch. Unfortunately all the road course background drivers absolutely hated it and will do all they can to make sure that kind of race never happens again. All of the drivers that came up racing ovals thought it was fun. That has been one of the big causes of trouble with Indycar is half the field has zero background racing ovals yet the series is owned and managed by the company responsible for the world's most famous oval. I'm sure many of the drivers would be happy to never race another oval again.

Tony Kanaan was on the verge of tears after the race. Stress level for those drivers that raced in Las Vegas in 2011 was pegged!

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Well, this came out of nowhere....

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/118893-f1-aston-martin-to-bring-mercedes-benz-power-to-red-bull-in-2016

Aston Martin is negotiating a shock return to Formula 1 in a tie-up with Red Bull for next season that would bring the team Mercedes engines.

In a deal that is currently still under negotiation, Aston Martin would become brand partner with four-time world champion team Red Bull Racing in exchange for brokering a deal for it to run the dominant Mercedes F1 engine. Mercedes owns five percent of Aston Martin, which competed in F1 for just two seasons, in 1959 and 1960, with very limited success.

Under the deal Mercedes would be recognized as the official engine supplier of Red Bull, but Aston Martin would become a partner and have branding on the cars.

The deal is said to have the blessing of Mercedes, which is eager to run more customer teams to offset the costs of its investment in F1 and does not consider Aston Martin to be a competitor for road car sales.

The talks are understood to have been instigated by Aston Martin boss Andy Palmer and its director of marketing and communications Simon Sproule, both of whom were credited for Infiniti's long-term sponsorship deal with Red Bull when they worked for Nissan which is in an alliance with Renault.

Say hello to Aston Martin Red Bull?

baltimoreravens.png

Bumping for the British Grand Prix:

1. Hamilton

2. Rosberg

3. Vettel

4. Massa

5. Bottas

6. Kvyat

7. Hulkenberg

8. Raikkonen

9. Perez

10. Alonso

Williams almost had the race but due to pit strategy, it wasn't meant to be. Just another dominant performance for Lewis. Well, next would've been Germany but due to the debacle over there, they won't be racing, so next up Hungary...

baltimoreravens.png

Preliminary 2016 F1 schedule announced.

21 races with Germany (Hockenheim) returning and Baku, Azerbaijan street circuit actually getting on the calendar.

https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/headlines/2015/7/baku-included-on-provisional-2016-calendar.html

April 3 - Melbourne

April 10 - Shanghai

April 24 - Bahrain

May 1 - Sochi

May 15 - Spain (Barcelona)

May 29 - Monaco

June 12 - Montreal

June 26 - UK (Silverstone)

July 3 - Austria

July 17 - Azerbaijan (Baku as European GP)

July 31 - Germany (Hockenheim)

August 7 - Hungary (Budapest)

August 28 - Belgium

September 4 - Italy (Monza)

September 18 - Singapore

September 25 - Malaysia

October 9 - Japan

October 23 - USA (Austin)

October 30 - Mexico City

November 13 - Brazil

November 27 - Abu Dhabi

Well, hopefully Germany stays on but I'll be surprised if they go 21

Well, it seems that 2017 is the year of changes for Auto Racing. Although IndyCar is supposed to debut their new chasis in the next year but I've heard a lot of different reports including IMSA's P2 switching new chasis along with the rumor of new Prototypes as well.

First up is V8 supercars...

2vttzyb.png

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/championship/future-outlined-with-release-of-draft-gen2-guidelines

The Gen2 Supercar is designed to be more relevant to more manufacturers, race teams, sponsors and fans while continuing V8 Supercars’ promise of providing fans with the high octane and ultra-competitive characteristics of the current Championship.

Significantly, any new engine or body shape will have to meet existing engine power outputs, aerodynamic guidelines and technical specifications that produce the spectacular, tight racing enjoyed today.

The Gen2 program provides the flexibility for teams to compete with a different body style or engine capacity, if and when they choose. It is expected the majority of teams will remain in their current configurations in the foreseeable future.

“The far more complex Car of the Future program was the first step in opening the garage door and as a result we now have Nissan, Erebus and Volvo as a very important part of our sport,” V8 Supercars CEO James Warburton said.

The race car must be rear wheel drive and accurately reflect the look of the road car, retaining the essential DNA of the sport. All cars will use the existing Car of the Future chassis and control components, and be subject to current engine and aero parity rules.

The regulations state the model must have a minimum production volume of 5000 cars of the same body shape worldwide.

It must be powered by an engine configuration, be that 4, 6, or 8 cylinder (or other) that does not exceed the Supercars accumulated engine power output and weighted average.

I'm interested to see what happens next, especially that it says 4 seat instead of 4 door, could be a way to finally get the sports cars in.

Meanwhile in the World Rally Championship...

5xqvdi.png

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/july/wrc-tech-rules/page/2586--12-12-.html

A striking aggressive look via a new aerodynamic package which includes a bigger rear wing, and engine power raised to 380bhp thanks to an increase in turbo restrictor size to 36mm are the headline changes.

Cars will be bigger due to a 55mm increase in the permitted width and a greater overhang at the front and rear, electronically-controlled centre differentials will return and they will be 25kg lighter.

The changes will be the biggest since the current technical rules were introduced in 2011, but FIA chiefs stress they are evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

“There were three main objectives with these regulations: make the car spectacular, be mindful of costs, and maintain, if not increase safety. The cars will be striking, there is no doubt about that, and there are small but always significant improvements in relation to safety,” said FIA technical director Bernard Niclot.

It looks like they're trying to bring the Group B feel back to which I say hear hear!!!

baltimoreravens.png

Bumping for Milwaukee

1. Bourdais

2. Castroneves

3. Rahal

4. Montoya

5. Newgarden

6. Kanaan

7. Dixon

8. Andretti

9. Pagenaud

10. Carpenter

Castroneves starting last & finishing 2nd, Rahal almost creeping up, this was all in all a good race! I've always liked Milwaukee, its such a classic track.

Next up Iowa!

baltimoreravens.png

Well, hopefully Germany stays on but I'll be surprised if they go 21

Well, it seems that 2017 is the year of changes for Auto Racing. Although IndyCar is supposed to debut their new chasis in the next year but I've heard a lot of different reports including IMSA's P2 switching new chasis along with the rumor of new Prototypes as well.

First up is V8 supercars...

2vttzyb.png

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/championship/future-outlined-with-release-of-draft-gen2-guidelines

The Gen2 Supercar is designed to be more relevant to more manufacturers, race teams, sponsors and fans while continuing V8 Supercars promise of providing fans with the high octane and ultra-competitive characteristics of the current Championship.

Significantly, any new engine or body shape will have to meet existing engine power outputs, aerodynamic guidelines and technical specifications that produce the spectacular, tight racing enjoyed today.

The Gen2 program provides the flexibility for teams to compete with a different body style or engine capacity, if and when they choose. It is expected the majority of teams will remain in their current configurations in the foreseeable future.

The far more complex Car of the Future program was the first step in opening the garage door and as a result we now have Nissan, Erebus and Volvo as a very important part of our sport, V8 Supercars CEO James Warburton said.

The race car must be rear wheel drive and accurately reflect the look of the road car, retaining the essential DNA of the sport. All cars will use the existing Car of the Future chassis and control components, and be subject to current engine and aero parity rules.

The regulations state the model must have a minimum production volume of 5000 cars of the same body shape worldwide.

It must be powered by an engine configuration, be that 4, 6, or 8 cylinder (or other) that does not exceed the Supercars accumulated engine power output and weighted average.

I'm interested to see what happens next, especially that it says 4 seat instead of 4 door, could be a way to finally get the sports cars in.

Meanwhile in the World Rally Championship...

5xqvdi.png

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/july/wrc-tech-rules/page/2586--12-12-.html

A striking aggressive look via a new aerodynamic package which includes a bigger rear wing, and engine power raised to 380bhp thanks to an increase in turbo restrictor size to 36mm are the headline changes.

Cars will be bigger due to a 55mm increase in the permitted width and a greater overhang at the front and rear, electronically-controlled centre differentials will return and they will be 25kg lighter.

The changes will be the biggest since the current technical rules were introduced in 2011, but FIA chiefs stress they are evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

There were three main objectives with these regulations: make the car spectacular, be mindful of costs, and maintain, if not increase safety. The cars will be striking, there is no doubt about that, and there are small but always significant improvements in relation to safety, said FIA technical director Bernard Niclot.

It looks like they're trying to bring the Group B feel back to which I say hear hear!!!

That Fiesta looks amazing. I love watching the WRC, but it's difficult to watch.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

It seems that Bottas to Ferrari is about 95-99.9999% done

http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/07/17/arrivederci-to-raikkonen-as-ferrari-opt-for-bottas/

Williams driver Valtteri Bottas has reportedly signed and sealed a deal with Ferrari to replace Finnish countryman Kimi Raikkonen from 2016 onward.

That is the assertion of well connected and influential Corriere dello Sport, adding that the Maranello team will therefore not exercise the 2016 ‘option’ on Raikkonen’s existing contract.

The option with Raikkonen does not expire until 31 July, and so there will be no official confirmation of the Bottas deal “at least until that date”, the newspaper said.

Fare the well Iceman

BREAKING

I just found out some sad news in the world of Formula 1 as Jules Binachi has died....

https://www.facebook.com/JBianchi.OfficialFanPage/posts/1106786372683524

It is with deep sadness that the parents of Jules Bianchi, Philippe and Christine, his brother Tom and sister Mélanie, wish to make it known that Jules passed away last night at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire (CHU) in Nice, (France) where he was admitted following the accident of 5th October 2014 at Suzuka Circuit during the Japanese Formula 1 Grand Prix.

“Jules fought right to the very end, as he always did, but today his battle came to an end,” said the Bianchi family. “The pain we feel is immense and indescribable. We wish to thank the medical staff at Nice’s CHU who looked after him with love and dedication. We also thank the staff of the General Medical Center in the Mie Prefecture (Japan) who looked after Jules immediately after the accident, as well as all the other doctors who have been involved with his care over the past months.

RIP Jules, you truly were taken too soon... :'(

baltimoreravens.png

I just found out some sad news in the world of Formula 1 as Jules Binachi has died....

Incredibly sad but realistically inevitable news. It was a miracle that he even survived the accident let alone remain in a coma for so long. Sadly, there was never any sign of progress, which meant that this news was always going to come sooner or later. Having previously seen footage of the crash it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that his injuries were too serious to recover from.

The reaction by the F1 world to this news over the past 24 hours shows just how much people thought of Jules Bianchi as a driver and as a person.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Results from Iowa

1. Hunter-Reay

2. Newgarden

3. Karam

4. Rahal

5. Munoz

6. Carpenter

7. Andretti

8. Briscoe

9. Bourdais

10. Power

Wow.... That was an intense race, Sage was driving like a mad man. I'm sure he won't be making friends with Carpenter any time soon after the one finger salute & fist of rage. A bad day for Juan Pablo means a good day for Graham as he's gaining more points & could be a contender for the championship! Congrats to RHR for the win as well and Ryan Briscoe from coming back. That was some good racing tonight.

On a side note, Jules Bianchi's former Marussia teammate Max Chilton won the Indy Lights race & dedicated the win in his memory.

Next up, Mid-Ohio

baltimoreravens.png

I think Sage raced just fine. Ed was just whining a little bit. Looked like good, hard racing to me. The only real dangerous thing I saw was Sage pinching Ed off turn 2. Great move in a full fendered car, not so great in an open wheel car.

iq5b7nF.png

So.... This was just announced yesterday from IndyCar....

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/119488-indycar-series-imposes-strict-guidelines-for-competitor-conduct

Rule 9.3.8, Detrimental Competitor Conduct, states:

Competitors must be respectful, professional, fair and courteous to others. At all times, Competitors must not, attempt to, or engage in conduct or statements that in the judgment of INDYCAR:

a) Threatens or denigrates any Official, fellow Competitor or the INDYCAR brand;

B) Calls into question the integrity or legitimacy of the Rules or their application, construction or interpretation;

c) Denigrates the IndyCar Series racing schedule or Event(s);

d) Threatens or denigrates any INDYCAR business relationship, including those with sponsors or broadcasters;

e) Otherwise threatens the integrity, reputation or public confidence of the sport, INDYCAR, or IndyCar Series.

My initial reaction...

So, you can be fined for having an opinion in IndyCar.... You're a genius Miles, good thing sarcasm can be used & I don't work for IndyCar.... <_<

baltimoreravens.png

Bumping for some F1 news that has come in recently...

http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/07/23/look-of-2017-f1-cars-revealed-in-artist-impressions/

Formula 1 fans were given their first glimpse of the planned visual changes to the cars for 2017 thanks to an artist’s impression of what can be expected in the near future.

After the sport acknowledged the need for change, Auto Motor und Sport has now published exclusive images – penned by renowned F1 technical journalist Giorgio Piola – of the dimensions of the 2017 cars. More images here>>>

It looks pretty interesting so far, I could see this happen. Although the one from Red Bull looks rather daring.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/64795/Renault-to-receive-historic-team-status

It is largely thought that they will return to the sport as a manufacturer by buying out Lotus. Top officials at the French company believe that Renault will be considered a historic team should they return. This is due to their participation in Formula 1 since 1977, missing out on just five seasons over that period.

Bernie Ecclestone, Formula 1 supremo, has confirmed that Renault would indeed be considered a historic team if they do return to the sport.

"Yes. If they take over Lotus and do exactly what Mercedes and Red Bull did, that would be it, so yeah, sure," Ecclestone told Autosport.

"They [Renault] have talked about perhaps taking over Lotus, so there is a way in for them, and we'd love to have them on board."

The more & more I hear about this, especially with Red Bull wanting to do away with Renault's engines, I could see this. Although, unless Red Bull pulls some type of miracle, they will be left out in the cold, they won't be a manufacture's top team, Honda has McLaren, Ferrari & Mercedes have their own team. Plus I could see Renault buy their old team again despite the denial from Lotus.

EDIT:

I almost forgot, in honor of Jules Bianchi, F1 has retired the #17 from the series. IMO, this is a great idea to honor Jules.

baltimoreravens.png

Bumping for Hungary results:

1.Vettel

2. Kvyat

3. Ricciardo

4. Verstappen

5. Alonso

6. Hamilton

7. Grosjean

8. Rosberg

9. Button

10. Ericsson

What a race, Vettel was dominant, Hamilton & Rosberg had a horrible day & weren't too happy with each other again, both McLaren cars managed to get points, Red Bull found something to work & Verstappen almost got on the podium! It was a pretty eventful Hungarian Grand Prix

Well, now we are at Summer break, so who knows what will happen, what do I think? I think Renault will buy Lotus & Bottas will be named Seb's new teammate... What do you all think?

See you in August, at Belgium....

baltimoreravens.png

Archived