3. Perez

4. Massa

5. Raikkonen

6. Kvyat

7. Nasr

8. Maldonado

9. Button

10. Alonso

Rosberg, Sainz Jr. Hulkenberg & Grosjean were all DNF's & with that win, Mercedes has clinched the constructor's championship. I honestly don't think anyone is going to catch Lewis at this point, looks like he'll be getting his 3rd championship. It also seems that the improvements on the Honda engine have started to show.

Next up, Grand Prix of the Americas!

News & Notes...

- Pirelli will stay on as the sole tire manufacture.

- Red Bull still are engine less so they may go back to Renault

- Renault signed a letter of intent to buy Lotus stake

baltimoreravens.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping for the results of the US Grand Prix:

1. Hamilton

2. Rosberg

3. Vettel

4. Verstappen

5. Perez

6. Button

7. Sainz jr.

8. Maldonado

9. Nasr

10. Ricciardo

That was by far one of the best races all season, from beginning to end. With that in mind, Hamilton has clinched his 3rd Championship! Plus, what a race from Alexander Rossi today as well as Ferrari, even Kimi gave it a good fight & the same with Red Bull.

Next up, Mexico

Meanwhile, Formula E started in Beijing this weekend

1. Buemi

2. di Grassi

3. Heidfeld

4. Duval

5. D'Ambrosio

6. Turvey

7. Bird

8. Berthon

9. Sarrazin

10. Frijns

Next up, Malaysia

baltimoreravens.png

Bumping & we have the 2016 IndyCar schedule, NOLA & Fontana are gone but welcome back Phoenix & Road America!

2016 INDYCAR CALENDAR

March 13 St. Petersburg
April 2 Phoenix
April 17 Long Beach
April 24 Barber Motorsports Park
May 14 Indianapolis road course
May 29 Indianapolis 500
June 4 Detroit
June 5 Detroit
June 11 Texas
June 26 Road America
July 10 Iowa
July 17 Toronto
July 31 Mid-Ohio
August 21 Pocono
September 4 Boston
September 18 Sonoma

baltimoreravens.png

Well, MotoGP is sure to get huge ratings for their final Grand Prix. Rossi was an idiot, increasing the pressure only bit him in the ass in the end, however Marquez was definitely racing to bother him, I don't know if because of what Rossi said or because of the way he fell at Assen. I don't know if Marquez was actually trying to hit Rossi's leg with his helmet, but Vale retaliating was some dumb :censored:.

I'm super-pumped for the Valencia Grand Prix in 2 weeks. should be explosive.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Fare thee well, Force India... Say hello to Aston Martin!

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/123174-force-india-set-for-aston-martin-deal

The Force India Formula 1 team is closing on a deal to be rebranded as Aston Martin Racing next season. The move will bring the British sportscar manufacturer back to F1, over half a century after its previous brief foray in 1959 and 1960.

Alongside the team name change, it is understood the livery will become blue and gold as part of a link-up with sponsor Johnnie Walker. Aston Martin will receive branding on the car while there be synergy on R&D to allow for significant technology transfer from F1 to its road car business.

Force India's engine supplier Mercedes, which owns five percent of Aston Martin, is said to have given its blessing to such an arrangement.

Meanwhile, Esteban Gutierrez has been named the 2nd driver to Haas.

baltimoreravens.png

Well, MotoGP is sure to get huge ratings for their final Grand Prix. Rossi was an idiot, increasing the pressure only bit him in the ass in the end, however Marquez was definitely racing to bother him, I don't know if because of what Rossi said or because of the way he fell at Assen. I don't know if Marquez was actually trying to hit Rossi's leg with his helmet, but Vale retaliating was some dumb :censored:.

I'm super-pumped for the Valencia Grand Prix in 2 weeks. should be explosive.

Italian press confronts Márquez.

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/10/30/en/more_sports/1446244935.html

Results from Mexico:

1. Rosberg

2. Hamilton

3. Bottas

4. Kvyat

5. Ricciardo

6. Massa

7. Hulkenberg

8. Perez

9. Verstappen

10. Grosjean

It was truly a bad day for Ferrari as Mercedes just dominated a happy Mexican crowd. Next up, Brazil

Plus, on a WEC note, Porsche has won in Shanghai & has finished the season, as Champions this year!

baltimoreravens.png

Well, that was an anticlimatic end to the MotoGP season. Congrats to Lorenzo, he wasn't consistent but it's a deserved title. Rossi made a great comeback coming back from the last position all the way to 4th, but the 3 spaniards were too far ahead for him to truly race against them. The only sour note was Marquez, I've never seen the two leaders stay ahead and close for the whole race and the second never trying to overtake the leader, even when he had more left in the tank towards the end. Marquez only came alive when Pedrosa (his teammate!!!) was trying to overtake both him and lorenzo, and then he started to fight again and pushed pedrosa back(FYI: If lorenzo came third Rossi would have won the title). And looking at the way Marquez battled rossi at every curve in Sepang to get to third place while never trying to win this race, it's clear that marquez is a little :censored:. I hope that he will lose a title like this someday. It's sad that Lorenzo's title has this asterisk of being helped when it shouldn't have.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Results from the Brazilian grand prix

1. Rosberg

2. Hamilton

3. Vettel

4. Raikkonen

5. Bottas

6. Hulkenberg

7. Kvyat

8. Massa

9. Grosjean

10. Verstappen

It was another close fight when it came to the Silver Arrows, Rosberg denying the one race that Hamilton has yet to win. I mean, Nico just had an excellent race altogether, I'd say he is proving that next year, he will be a threat to Lewis' dominance. Not a bad day for Ferrari, Williams or Force India either!

Next up, the season finale in Abu Dhabi

On the MotoGP front, yes I'm bummed that Rossi wasn't able to achieve his 10th title but I think he won't take that quite lightly, plus now that Stoner is coming back as a test driver for Ducati that may spell trouble for Honda.

Last but not least we have a new President of Competition & Operations in Indycar!

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/123586-indycar-frye-named-as-new-president-of-competition-and-operations

Hulman & Company CEO Mark Miles announced today that widely-respected motorsports industry veteran Jay Frye has been named President of Competition and Operations for INDYCAR.

Frye previously served as Chief Revenue Officer for Hulman Motorsports after decades of experience leading successful NASCAR racing teams and securing industry-first sponsorships.

"Jay Frye's resume is perfectly aligned with our organization's strategic vision," said Miles. "He has both series and team experience, having successfully transformed and led Red Bull Racing and MB2 Motorsports before joining Hulman Motorsports. As our new President of Competition and Operations, he is ready to ensure the Verizon IndyCar Series continues to present great racing."

In all honesty, I think this is a good move for IndyCar, at least they kept Tony George away. Now let's hope Jay can do some good for IndyCar.

baltimoreravens.png

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping for the Results of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix:

1. Rosberg

2. Hamilton

3. Raikkonen

4. Vettel

5. Perez

6. Ricciardo

7. Hulkenberg

8. Massa

9. Grosjean

10. Sainz jr.

Rosberg is making himself known for next year that he will threaten Lewis' reign. Although Ferrari may say other wise. With that in mind, the 2015 Formula 1 season has come to an end. Now the question that will come in the off season

-Can Lewis get #4 or will Rosberg finally get his 1st championship?

- Will Mercedes dominate again ,or will someone else finally step up to take them down

- What about Renault, will they buy Lotus & return as a factory team?

- Who is Red Bull's engine deal with?

- What about the turmoil in McLaren, will Alonso take time off?

I guess we will find out come out in 2016...

Last but not least Audi showed off their 2016 LMP1 car

2016-audi-r18-lmp1-world-endurance-champ

compared to 2015

Audi-R18-e-tron-Quattro-PLACEMENT-626x38

It was also announced that along with Porsche will only field 2 teams at LeMans.

baltimoreravens.png

• 2 weeks later...

So let's see what we have recently...

- It's official, Renault bought Lotus F1 which could be bad news for Maldonado & Ben Palmer since their contracts are with Lotus

- Toro Rosso will use Ferrari engines while Red Bull & Infiniti will split & have the engines labeled under Tag-Heuer

- Alonso won't take a sabbatical but with Renault coming back he may go back to Renault but he has denied it.

- Hamilton or Rosberg could be fired after next year if things continue to heat up between them.

That's all we have for now, I'm still waiting on Force India to be called Aston Martin.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived