NBA Finals WIP

eibram

Is there any way the color/order of jerseys is determined? I at first thought winner on left, loser on right, but that appears to not be the case. I think it would make sense to have each individual year under each pair like Conrad said, and have winner on left and loser on right, or have it shown somehow. Really like this!

spacer.png

Cool idea. They're organized very oddly, imo. Why stacks of five? At the very least, I'd like to see the year under each match-up and maybe arranged in some other fashion. Good start to a nicely unique idea...

I agree that the arrangement is a bit off. I had no idea how to do it. Any suggestions?

Is there any way the color/order of jerseys is determined? I at first thought winner on left, loser on right, but that appears to not be the case. I think it would make sense to have each individual year under each pair like Conrad said, and have winner on left and loser on right, or have it shown somehow. Really like this!

I used home court advantage as a reference. I suppose I should make the winners home. I just figured it'd be a waste just seeing the Bulls' home jersey all the time.

Good start so far. I saw one like this a few years back that had Slam Dunk contest participant jerseys with the winner having a gold small trophy underneath. (Gotta find it) but This is sweet.

I'll check it out. It might inspire me for the arrangement.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Keep 'em coming if you have any more.

spacer.png

This would make for a excellent poster. I can't wait to see the rest of the NBA Finals (I imagine the ones from the early 50's are going to be a little hard to find, though). Why no scripts on the jerseys though?

Finding it WAS too difficult... I'm still not sure about a few of the jerseys.

My initial idea was to focus on the numbers. It looked a bit too plain so I added the designs. It's a graphical approach to it I suppose.

spacer.png

i think too, that if you ever make this into an actual poster, you can sell it freely if you don't include the wordmarks (which are copyrighted marks).

i think you should keep the home court advantage aspect of the set-up, but maybe denote somehow which team won with a gold outline on the rectangle or something.

also, in terms of arrangement, i think you should just have it read left-to-right like a paragraph, with maybe 5 match-ups per "line" (adding the year under each match-up, of course).

Good start so far. I saw one like this a few years back that had Slam Dunk contest participant jerseys with the winner having a gold small trophy underneath. (Gotta find it) but This is sweet.

Found it!!! You can use this as somewhat of a format or inspiration too! (If not no biggie)

DunkContest_3_905.jpg

shado_logo.gif

i think you should keep the home court advantage aspect of the set-up, but maybe denote somehow which team won with a gold outline on the rectangle or something.

also, in terms of arrangement, i think you should just have it read left-to-right like a paragraph, with maybe 5 match-ups per "line" (adding the year under each match-up, of course).

^ agreed. use that as a loose template and expand from there.

I did exactly that before I saw your posts! Weird...

UPDATE:

The_Finals.png

I'm still working on the background which I think is too plain and I'm not sure about some 50s jerseys (Google Images can only take you so far).

spacer.png

Archived