2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So with that said, as true as it is, it makes it even harder to understand why the State of Hockey of all locations managed to be the ones to lose their team for a decade. The heck happened?

Bad stadium location, poor franchise management for the first decade (they had to merge with Cleveland to survive), fans who'd rather watch college or high-school hockey for two-and-a-half decades, ownership un-merging to form the Sharks (and taking talent with them), remaining ownership selling, new ownership finding itself with an apathetic fanbase and an outdated barn in an undesirable location.

But Norm Green Sucks.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Icethetics surprisingly launched its 2016 Jersey Watch early.

According to Chris, it looks as though the Penguins are finally going to replace their home and roads. No further info yet but he seems to think athletic gold will be making a comeback. I hope he's right!

In other news, it appears as though special edition uniforms for the Kings and Flyers are on the way, while Tampa Bay will be unveiling a throwback to their championship look. Blues alternate will likely be replaced with a throwback, while the Panthers will also have new homes and roads on the way.

I love the sound of just about all of this. Especially the Lightning throwback! I'm really intrigued to see what the Panthers do as well.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Penguins have been pushing the throwbacks HARD lately, as a Pens fan I'd be so psyched if we promoted it.

The weird thing he's speculating is that the Oilers are going with the orange as the home jersey? I really hope not, but who knows.

That's not what the blog says. He's predicting that the orange becomes the full-fledged alternate, rather than the specialty throwback it is now. This will allow them to wear it more often.

I'm very happy to hear about the Penguins getting new uniforms. Finally, they are going back to their 91/92 look, and it is about damn time. I'm also really happy to hear that the Leafs are considering new home and road jerseys. I hate their current look. Their WC look, the 80's, or their old white third are so much better. As for Florida, I said it before but they needed a change and they might be finally listening. I'm hoping for something completely new from them. Perhaps new colors, such as purple.

Icethetics surprisingly launched its 2016 Jersey Watch early.

According to Chris, it looks as though the Penguins are finally going to replace their home and roads. No further info yet but he seems to think athletic gold will be making a comeback. I hope he's right!

In other news, it appears as though special edition uniforms for the Kings and Flyers are on the way, while Tampa Bay will be unveiling a throwback to their championship look. Blues alternate will likely be replaced with a throwback, while the Panthers will also have new homes and roads on the way.

giphy.gif

sig.png

I'm very happy to hear about the Penguins getting new uniforms. Finally, they are going back to their 91/92 look, and it is about damn time. I'm also really happy to hear that the Leafs are considering new home and road jerseys. I hate their current look. Their WC look, the 80's, or their old white third are so much better. As for Florida, I said it before but they needed a change and they might be finally listening. I'm hoping for something completely new from them. Perhaps new colors, such as purple.

I found this bit interesting too. Are they dropping the Ballard Leaf for the 1967 or 35-point leaf? I really don't like the 80s look, and the WC is better suited as an alt.

Either way I'll be broke buying their new stuff. :(

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I hope the Leafs bring back their old white alternate. I love that jersey. That and its blue counterpart are the best the Leafs have worn in my opinion. Also, I think their WC jersey is a true classic and that would give the Leafs a truly timeless look.

If the Penguins switched to the 92 set for home and away, and the 1993 PITTSBURGH across the chest for a third jersey, and then bring out baby blue for every special event and outdoor game, then they would make the entire city of Pittsburgh soooooo happy.

the Stanley Cup set is truly beloved, and far too many people love that wordmark jersey, people rave about it like it's some glorious throwback. And I remember back at the first winter classic, everyone over 40 would treat the baby blue like it was the most obscure trivia question, "Did you know the Penguins used to wear blue? Your grandfather took me to a game that one time, and he got me a blue penguins shirt, but that got thrown away years ago when I forgot we even had a team for 20-some years because they were awful."

But really, those three, baby blue every once in a while, and Pittsburgh would be on cloud 9

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

LA Kings Planning Trio of Fun for 50th NHL Season - including a new jersey http://mayorsmanor.com/?p=32232

According to John Hoven of Mayor's Manor, the Kings not only put in a bid for the 2017 All-Star Game, but they're also the front runner for it.

More importantly in the post it mentions that the Kings will introduce a grey jersey very similar to the one below. Unfortunately, it sounds like they won't be wearing "each of the major jerseys from the franchise's history." Boo! I wanted to see some Miracle on Machester, Gretzky era, and Shield throwbacks! Oh well...

LAKings_NewJersey_Concept_2015_V2-600x21

LA Kings Planning Trio of Fun for 50th NHL Season - including a new jersey http://mayorsmanor.com/?p=32232

According to John Hoven of Mayor's Manor, the Kings not only put in a bid for the 2017 All-Star Game, but they're also the front runner for it.

More importantly in the post it mentions that the Kings will introduce a grey jersey very similar to the one below. Unfortunately, it sounds like they won't be wearing "each of the major jerseys from the franchise's history." Boo! I wanted to see some Miracle on Machester, Gretzky era, and Shield throwbacks! Oh well...

Shouldn't the Leafs get the All-Star game its their 100th more important than the the Kings 50 and plus Montreal got a All-Star game on their 100th

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/toronto-to-get-all-star-game-and-outdoor-game-in-2017-source/

Edit: I also find it hilarious that Detroit can call themselves Hockeytown, and no one bats an eye, but if Someone mentions Minnesota is the State of Hockey, every one loses their minds...

Maybe because Detroit has actually won something at hockey. Michigan has more Stanley Cups, more college hockey championships, more Conn Smythe winners, and the greatest American hockey player ever was from Michigan.

Oh, and Michigan never lost their hockey team to Texas. Yes it was really dumb when Detroit called themselves Hockeytown, but then they won a few Cups and it doesn't sound dumb anymore. Minnesota calling themselves the "State of Hockey" without winning anything is what's dumb.

sportsbanner-single.jpg

Shouldn't the Leafs get the All-Star game its their 100th more important than the the Kings 50 and plus Montreal got a All-Star game on their 100th

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/toronto-to-get-all-star-game-and-outdoor-game-in-2017-source/

Someone asked John that and apparently the Leafs are vying for the 2018 ASG to coincide with the NHL's 100th season.

Someone asked John that and apparently the Leafs are vying for the 2018 ASG to coincide with the NHL's 100th season.

Think Icethics said leafs want to host it

Edit: I also find it hilarious that Detroit can call themselves Hockeytown, and no one bats an eye, but if Someone mentions Minnesota is the State of Hockey, every one loses their minds...

Maybe because Detroit has actually won something at hockey. Michigan has more Stanley Cups, more college hockey championships, more Conn Smythe winners, and the greatest American hockey player ever was from Michigan.

Oh, and Michigan never lost their hockey team to Texas. Yes it was really dumb when Detroit called themselves Hockeytown, but then they won a few Cups and it doesn't sound dumb anymore. Minnesota calling themselves the "State of Hockey" without winning anything is what's dumb.

Make sure you go to bed early; it's a school night.

Archived