2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

Would have preferred the Avs to actually have proper hemstripes but I am still ok with at least the white stripe at the bottom. It's better than any of their current sweaters.

This would look fantastic, to me at least:

KzzUbUq.png

These look better than the icethetics renders did, but they're still just meh to me.

They're shoehorning Navy into their scheme for no reason. These should either be light blue instead of Navy or burgundy with light blue where the burgundy currently is.

I still think replacing the foot with the c is stupid and only made the worse jersey in the NHL worse.

But 'tis typical Avs.

You know what it is? It looks fake. Like, placeholder fake. The jersey looks like it belongs on a bubble hockey player, or in a commercial for a sports bar, or a poster ad for mens bodywash. It's a bunch of very simple generic shapes in dark colors, so nothing really jumps out at you, nothing is very memorable, it looks somewhat generic, but not so much so that you notice how generic it is.

It's in the same category as these:

NC_g_Dad_250.gif42f0e988ea1afdff5c32bf5651f47c42.jpgmyhcWiyWG5wkRq_0V_rDHiw.jpghockeygoals00fa-1.jpg

I think that's why it's so underwhelming for most of us. It doesn't offend, but it doesn't wow. We might have problems with an element of it (the color, the logo, the flag, etc), but nobody seems to outright reject it. It's just there...being disappointing.

I disagree.

After all the piping and unnecessary crap on the Avs current set, this simple design is a welcome change.

Not every jersey has to be in your face to be good. This jersey is neither a super modern travesty or a original 6 rip-off.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they went with the inferior old logo, but passed on the old teal in favor of the current, inferior shade. Typical Sharks derpery, but it'll be great to see the inaugural jerseys on the ice again kinda.

I'd have to ask Pantone, but I thought the Sharks abandoned the deeper, greener teal after just the first or second year of the Edge redesign, so this shade of teal is the old one. Maybe this is a third shade of teal, but I was under the impression they just made one big change in 2007 and walked it right back. From the eye test, the throwback looks just right to me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Regarding the Ducks:

Like someone else said, the logo/colors predate the 2nd movie and cartoon, not vice versa.

It's a goalie mask for a duck. It's clever for a hockey team. The color scheme wasn't cartoonish either it was just a form of Purple/Teal, which was popular at that time.

It it wasn't for the Disney ties and they were just owned by some random rich guy, no one would call those unis/logo cartoonish.

The "Mighty" prefix and the Wild Wing 3rd abomination are the only things that are remotely cartoonish/childish. Logo and colors are not.

I don't know, when i look at the ducks old logo all i see is Donald Duck.

I saw these logo mashups the other day. All of them were pretty lousy, except the one for the Sharks:

uRLy6LI.png

Personally, I could get on board with this. What do you guys think?

- The stick is perfect.

- Remove most the outlines, keep 1 or 2, 3 the most like the current logo but no more than 3.

- Change the eye color to white or some other color other than orange.

It looks like a sports logo rather than a cartoon used to sell toys. It gives the team the classy and mature look of a sports franchise rather than some Disney product to appease children. Its sharp and bold and jumps off the jerseys at you. Its very reminiscent of the winged "P" of the Flyers or the stylized blue note of St.Louis. An effective simple and sharp design

because using logos to sell merchandise children is bad, but using logos to sell merchandise to grown-up children is sacrosanct

They wanted to emphasize the nickname as a brand/franchise. To appeal to the non-sports fan.

Trying to appeal to a certain demographic? The horrors. I've never heard of a sports team trying to do such a thing.

It was used to promote the film sequels (this is why the kids switch from their own design in the first film to the NHL uniforms in the sequels). It was also used to promote a cartoon and a toy line.

Yup, I get it now. Teams should be about tradition, and honoring the spirit of competition. You can't sully that with toys and TV shows.

1191ded_th.jpg

HNHT640_zpsmyjtpuuf.jpg

81SDODegC0L._SY355_.jpg

mb0ies_th.jpg

It should always be about Sport. Shame on you, Disney, for casting a pall over the integrity of the game.

I saw these logo mashups the other day. All of them were pretty lousy, except the one for the Sharks:

uRLy6LI.png

- The stick is perfect.

- Remove most the outlines, keep 1 or 2, 3 the most like the current logo but no more than 3.

The stick is not perfect, it still has the same problem the original logo had...

No, the original had two problems. The knob and the tape. They fixed the tape but not the knob.

What's is apparently wrong with the knob?

A hockey stick doesn't have a knob like that unless you use tape to make one.

PvO6ZWJ.png

uRLy6LI.png

- The stick is perfect.

The stick is what makes it too cartoony imo, just eliminate the stick altogether.

What's is apparently wrong with the knob?

Man, if I had a nickel for every time...

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think people's love for those jerseys make them gloss over just how awfully rendered that logo is. The tape, the knob, the 763 outlines, the über-thin strokes, the Finding Nemo fin, etc. Leave it in Worcester and design a new one.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived