2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall the jersey is whatever. Kinda predictable, really.

The thing I'm not liking is this new collar type we've seen on the Avs SS and Isles 3rd. It's rounder, has that "fold over" type look. It looks like a practice jersey collar.

The 5280 isn't the worst thing ever. Again, predictable. But, meh.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Every uniform they've introduced has been worse than the last. Never horrible, never garish (they're not Atlanta), but never better. Consistent downgrades.

They should've made the circle black from the get-go rather than introduce navy, which further muddles the brand.

They're also photoshopping the new shoulder patch onto most of the photos on the Avs website. It's subtle, but its there in the background and on the splash page

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Sorry but I have to "Ice Cap" this... Ice Cap an Ice Cap, Ice Cap :P.

It's all aesthetics. Even the "rules" are subjective. You can't go "well how come we can't hold the Avalanche to the same standard as the Canucks?" because the Avs are not the Canucks.

In Colorado's case? The alternate is a mountain. And there's a C from the state flag. It doesn't seem inappropriate for a team named the "Colorado Avalanche."

It's also not the Rockies' logo. It's an homage to it, sure. It stops shot of just adopting the Rockies' look in full.

Well, they're the Colorado 'Avalanche' not the Colorado mountains. If any team needed to represent their namesake in their primary logo, it's them. Besides, why is it appropriate for a team to 'pay homage' to a franchise that has nothing to do with them? If it became their primary mark, they'd be ditching a logo with two championships behind it to pay homage to one of the teams they beat in the Stanley Cup Finals.

I disagree. It's an overly designed "xtreme" logo from the 90s. It's really starting to show its age, in my opinion.

Take away the actual 'avalanche' and it's an A within a circle. For a 90's logo, it's pretty restrained. You can say the 'avalanche' itself is depicted in an "Xtreme" manner but really, how else are you supposed to illustrate a rapid flow of snow going over 100 km per hour, down a mountain?

The "Q" bit is a real stretch.

I read somewhere that it was intentional on the part of the designer. It's meant to be subtle, like the hidden "SJ" on the current sharks logo.

As for the rest? Yeah, it's all true. That doesn't make me like it, though. It's just not aesthetically pleasing, in my opinion.

Everything is subjective and you're certainly entitled to your opinion but I vehemently disagree. I have a maroon replica, circa 2001, and it's one of my favourites of my collection. The logos, the striping and colours are all beautiful to my eyes.

The idea that teams from the 90s should look the part can work. I don't think the Avalanche's current logo works.

Whether you think it works or not is irrelevant. Two championships and some of the greatest players in the history of game says it stays. If the Avalanche have any respect for their history and previous accomplishments, they will never change their logo. Ever.

The flag is primarily blue with red elements. The sweater is slate blue with maroon elements. It doesn't really clash.

It might not clash as badly as the Flame's Alberta patch (not many things do), but it still contains two colours found nowhere else on the uniform. For that reason it doesn't work.

As for the foot? Never liked it. Sorry.

Fair enough but lots of people do, including 'The Hockey News' who placed it in their top 3...

1jkQM46.jpg

Shoulder Foot was terrible. The Yeti (or, if you're WCW, the Yeh-Tay) doesn't even live in Colorado!

Something looks cheap about the new Avs logos next to the originals. Not "simple" or "timeless" or "iconic," more like something made out of construction paper and safety scissors when everyone else is using Adobe Creative Suite. We don't need minimalism everywhere.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Who had the concept logo that was a swirly avalanche around the circle? I loved that.

That blows what they actually did so far out of the water it's ridiculous.

IceC.jpg

This one?

StPatty33

Still incredible ten years later.

YES! Better than any logo they've ever had in every way. It's near criminal this isn't the primary logo.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I understand why two Cups would make a logo beloved. But they can't make it good.

The thing is, that logo IS good. It's an A, it has an avalanche on it (which as a concept isn't always easy), it features a puck. The colors are nicely balanced, the shape seems to fit in wherever, it's detailed in places but there's a lot of empty space as well...it's one of the best modern logos, hands down.

The only thing it doesn't expressly say is "Colorado". That logo could be for the Denver Avalanche or any number of other things, which is my explanation for their diagonal-wordmark thirds. Introducing a secondary logo that is less "avalanche" and more "Colorado" is ok, but it looks like some crazy things are afoot here.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I understand why two Cups would make a logo beloved. But they can't make it good.

The thing is, that logo IS good. It's an A, it has an avalanche on it (which as a concept isn't always easy), it features a puck. The colors are nicely balanced, the shape seems to fit in wherever, it's detailed in places but there's a lot of empty space as well...it's one of the best modern logos, hands down.

The only thing it doesn't expressly say is "Colorado". That logo could be for the Denver Avalanche or any number of other things, which is my explanation for their diagonal-wordmark thirds. Introducing a secondary logo that is less "avalanche" and more "Colorado" is ok, but it looks like some crazy things are afoot here.

Thank you! It's a modern classic really

I think Colorado's Stadium Series jersey is the best white jersey they have worn since their original white jersey. I like that this jersey is much cleaner than their road jersey and I think it is much better looking. I'm getting a little concerned about the no hem stripe trend as of late but typical Stadium Series quirks aside, this isn't too bad, though I hate the collar marks like the 5280. I think this jersey is something the Avalanche could actually build new uniforms around, which would be a plus.

The only thing it doesn't expressly say is "Colorado". That logo could be for the Denver Avalanche or any number of other things

On the basis that the cascading snow forms a C for Colorado, you can flip it and interpret it as a D for Denver. Then they could be the Denver Avalanche and not have a big-square-state name, which I hate.

FBJ1DjL.png

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The only thing it doesn't expressly say is "Colorado". That logo could be for the Denver Avalanche or any number of other things

On the basis that the cascading snow forms a C for Colorado, you can flip it and interpret it as a D for Denver. Then they could be the Denver Avalanche and not have a big-square-state name, which I hate.

FBJ1DjL.png

That just looks backward.

I would be disappointed if the Avs went with the C logo over the A as their primary.

If they are gonna go with the C, go with this:

vOnoE04.png

Archived