2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My love for the Mighty Ducks logos and colors has little to do with the movie(s). Am I nostalgic for the movies? Sure. But I like it because I think these are beautiful jerseys, colors and logo.

MightyDucks1.png

Had that never existed and the NHL team wore these (below), I'd still be somewhat nostalgic for the movies, but I'd be on board with everyone else who hates the Disney tie in because I don't think it's a nice identity. Too many colors and a goofy logo that doesn't have the charm of other cartoony logos like the Duck mask or the Penguins.

765628502_o.jpg

Indeed.  The Duck mask works because it's simple and distinctive.  Sure, it's whimsical, and that's a great deal of its charm, but the execution is perfect.

13 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

I could see the Ducks hop aboard the nostalgia train like some franchises in all sports have done recently and bring back the duck mask logo full time. Nostalgia is really popular right now.

I believe that has a lot to do with the current sorry state of design.  If the Ducks' logos hadn't been so bad in recent years, the mask might not be so beloved today.

24 minutes ago, VikWings said:

Had that never existed and the NHL team wore these (below), I'd still be somewhat nostalgic for the movies, but I'd be on board with everyone else who hates the Disney tie in because I don't think it's a nice identity. Too many colors and a goofy logo that doesn't have the charm of other cartoony logos like the Duck mask or the Penguins.

765628502_o.jpg

Part of the draw to the Mighty Ducks for me (and therefore, hockey at all) was the superheroic nature of the identity. If the green movie jersey was what the NHL team was wearing, chances are I wouldn't even be here discussing this.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

2 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Part of the draw to the Mighty Ducks for me (and therefore, hockey at all) was the superheroic nature of the identity. If the green movie jersey was what the NHL team was wearing, chances are I wouldn't even be here discussing this.

I know it's very minor league, but I'm still very surprised that at no point did the Ducks break those bad boys out for a one time thing

sig.png

It's never too late. That movie will always have anniversaries. But man - purple, yellow, black, and green with hints of orange in the logo. The Arizona Diamondbacks think that's too many colors. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I like both logos. I like the duck foot better than the original Mighty Ducks logo. But the Mighy Ducks logo definitely represents the franchise better. That's why I like the Ducks current shoulder patches. The recoloring of the Mighty Ducks logo is much better than the original version. That's also why I like the current alt. It's the best of both worlds, and would be the best direction for the franchise. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

It's never too late. That movie will always have anniversaries. But man - purple, yellow, black, and green with hints of orange in the logo. The Arizona Diamondbacks think that's too many colors. 

And they wore completely out of place red gloves!

5 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I know it's very minor league, but I'm still very surprised that at no point did the Ducks break those bad boys out for a one time thing

Reading as much as I have about Michael Eisner, I'm SHOCKED that it never happened.  If the NHL third jersey program started a few years earlier, I think it might have had a chance (not that I'd want it).

11 hours ago, McCarthy said:

8 hours ago, VikWings said:

And they wore completely out of place red gloves!

And blue helmets!

Ahhhh, memories.

(Also :censored: those people that show up to Ducks games with those movie jerseys with Teemu Selanne's name/number on the back. :censored: you, you're a menace.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I have to admit, I have gotten a little disenchanted with the NHL lately. Not a single team wants to kick it with me full time. Sure, the LA Kings did for a while in the late 90s into the early 2000's, but shortly after the Reebok Edge invasion, they kicked me to the curb. Sure, they invite me back from time to time, but they insist I go by the demeaning and uncouth moniker of "forum blue". Not to mention that when I am around for those few times, they insist on teaming me up with that Yellow mofo that insists everyone refer to him as "Gold". Get over yourself, dude. You're Yellow! Gold hangs out in the NFL with the 49ers and Saints. It really is a bad situation.

Seriously, being a bit player on the logos of the original Phoenix Coyotes identity was more dignifying.

8 minutes ago, Purple said:

I have to admit, I have gotten a little disenchanted with the NHL lately. Not a single team wants to kick it with me full time. Sure, the LA Kings did for a while in the late 90s into the early 2000's, but shortly after the Reebok Edge invasion, they kicked me to the curb. Sure, they invite me back from time to time, but they insist I go by the demeaning and uncouth moniker of "forum blue". Not to mention that when I am around for those few times, they insist on teaming me up with that Yellow mofo that insists everyone refer to him as "Gold". Get over yourself, dude. You're Yellow! Gold hangs out in the NFL with the 49ers and Saints. It really is a bad situation.

Seriously, being a bit player on the logos of the original Phoenix Coyotes identity was more dignifying.

Learning that you're not Admiral has taken a lot of the fun out of this gimmick. 

15 minutes ago, Purple said:

It had to sting being removed from the Kings identity right before the team's big moment. 

On 3/11/2016 at 9:29 PM, Still MIGHTY said:

And blue helmets!

Ahhhh, memories.

(Also :censored: those people that show up to Ducks games with those movie jerseys with Teemu Selanne's name/number on the back. :censored: you, you're a menace.)

They really do that? Seriously? And someone allows them into the the arena? *shakes head*

Archived