2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

I heard that Minnesota will (finally) put their green jersey as their official home jersey

Would they put the primary bear head logo as the main crest?

Either way, they need to make adjustments to balance it out with the road. The home stripes are twice the size as the road, and you also have mismatching yokes and logos both on the crest and shoulders.

I don't mind a few neat little differences here and there, but there are limits to things.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that Minnesota will (finally) put their green jersey as their official home jersey

This is a sad day in hockey uniform design.

Welcome to the NHL, where even though you're a late 90s/early 2000s team, you can still rip off historic uniform design!

(See: Lightning, Coyotes [yes, they're the result of the original Jets moving, but their inaugural uniforms were soooooo much better than their current blandness], Wild)

I must have missed the rule where hockey teams aren't allowed to use striping patterns and laces if they were created after 1995....

Tigers...is any new expansion team only allowed to use a blank jersey or is that too old time NHL? Or are they only allowed to use sublimated crazy designs cuz itz deh futuuuure!!!! With letters for numbers! And emojis as captains badges!

Hockey is a traditional sport. God for bid the jerseys look nice and classic even without tradition behind it. I wasn't aware looking good, even if it is an "original 6" kind of look, was so frowned upon.

This is a sad day in hockey uniform design.

Welcome to the NHL, where even though you're a late 90s/early 2000s team, you can still rip off historic uniform design!

(See: Lightning, Coyotes [yes, they're the result of the original Jets moving, but their inaugural uniforms were soooooo much better than their current blandness], Wild)

I must have missed the rule where hockey teams aren't allowed to use striping patterns and laces if they were created after 1995....

YOU KNOW TOO MUCH!!!!

Just sayin', I prefer originality over generic looks for newer teams. Holy crap, now I'm thinking like the "bring back the brown" Padres crowd!

Name one other team that uses the striping pattern on the Wilds white or green jersey....

Also they use wheat, not vintage white. So I still need one solid point from you. What you're saying is you prefer something like the all star jerseys compared to something like Dallas or Minnesota? Is this correct?

Tigers...is any new expansion team only allowed to use a blank jersey or is that too old time NHL? Or are they only allowed to use sublimated crazy designs cuz itz deh futuuuure!!!! With letters for numbers! And emojis as captains badges!

Hockey is a traditional sport. God for bid the jerseys look nice and classic even without tradition behind it. I wasn't aware looking good, even if it is an "original 6" kind of look, was so frowned upon.

I like the way you think.

The wild inaugural set was very modern and for 2000 it was okay. Once the wild ironed out the wrinkles it was clear they had a traditional appeal. Simple stripes and fills, and over time they ditched the modern stuff for a traditional style. Yes they have been around for 15 years but they don't have to look like the early 2000's.

They didn't iron out any wrinkles. They took an admittedly great alternate, inexplicably made it the new home jersey, left the road as is, and the identity has been in free-fall ever since. The green alternate did nothing to fix the problem and frankly, neither did the recent road jersey upgrade.

My wish list for 2015-16 is as follows:

rebrand:

1) Colorado needs new sets badly, go back to the mountain striping on the bottom of the jersey, get rid of the vertical apron strings. I think they should keep the striping down the arms.

2) Calgary needs new sets badly too, something based off of the pre-edge set with the new should patches would be great. No more flags, no more vertical stripes to nowhere. I'd also prefer if they kept black as part of their set but changed the helmets back to red and the pants back to red but with a thick black stripe down them. If someone could mock something up like that I'd be grateful.

3) Arizona could use a rebrand with some actual color. Seeing them in their original uni's is going to be awesome. If not then please just put the waist stripes back.

4) Ottawa needs to get rid of their paint and click design. I also prefer the side facing Senator. Anything would be an improvement.

5) Pittsburgh, see Ottawa. I think a design based off of the retro's but maybe the new colors could work nicely.

minor changes:

1) Vancouver. Please for the love of god get rid or the arched "Vancouver", and I'm no fan of the whale, but I'm not sure if any of their other 4 logos would be an improvement. Their striping could be improved as well (third striping is better than main jerseys), and I don't like when the blue and green touch.

third jerseys:

1) Hopefully Winnipeg adopts one this year, if not then next year please.

2) New Jersey should add their retro as a third instead of just once a year

3) LA should add the retro as well.

4) Buffalo should burn theirs

So Boston's got the Winter Classic next year against Montreal and according to @TSNBobMcKenzie, Colorado and Minnesota will finally get an outdoor game. The Wild will play Chicago and Colorado vs Detroit. Wonder what kind of uniforms Reebok will break out for those two games after breaking out the chrome/carbon fiber the last two years?

Chicago again!? I don't know about the Chicago/Minnesota and Colorado/Detroit games if they are Stadium Series games. I can't see Chicago playing a third Outdoor Game in three years, let alone the Red Wings in some chrome/carbon fiber futuristic jersey. I know Chicago went chrome last season but their jersey was a slightly altered version of their long time former black third jersey. This will definitely be something to watch.

It might be hard to see the Hawks/Wings in something too different from what they've had, but don't forget the Rangers jersey for the Stadium Series, so anything is possible.

Oooh, mercy, that is good. That'd even work with black pants and helmets.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yep, nailed it. That's exactly the right amount of black trim, just there to keep yellow and white from touching. I had a similar concept in mind but without the yokes on the whites or secondaries on the shoulders.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That Flames concept is great, except for the pants. The stripes are inconsistent with the jersey and when the colors are in that order, reminds me of the Chicago Wolves.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Oh that Flames jersey concept above is perfect!!!! I love the look of it.. that would be ideal for Calgary to use asap... instead of these awful look of the current jersey.. or go back to the 2004 jersey look on the run to the Cup... either way, great choices...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Something like this for the Flames?

Flames_zps1a7nq32e.png

I've been toying with a concept like this for a while. I also don't know why the background is black.

This is a step in the right direction. However I think you should have black separating red from yellow in all places.

That Flames concept is great, except for the pants. The stripes are inconsistent with the jersey and when the colors are in that order, reminds me of the Chicago Wolves.

i planned for the pants to be like that.

one_teamFlames89_06.jpg

This is by far Calgary's best look. Far. And. Away.

Archived