2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New CBJ secondary will be their new shoulder patch replacing the 'blue cap' shoulder patch.

Patch-0691.jpg

Downgrade.

I think it's an upgrade! I liked the Civil War Cap but the cannon is much more iconic to the franchise now. Plus I'm a big fan of the third jersey...so taking that logo, recoloring it to the official colors and throwing it on the shoulder is a upgrade imo :)

CHIEFS - BLUE JACKETS - CARDINALS

New CBJ secondary will be their new shoulder patch replacing the 'blue cap' shoulder patch.

Patch-0691.jpg

Downgrade.

I think it's an upgrade. I liked the Civil War Cap but the cannon is much more iconic to the franchise now. Plus I'm a big fan of the third jersey, so taking that logo, recoloring it to the official colors and throwing on the shoulder is a upgrade imo :)

I like the hat, it says far more about the team name than the cannon, but if they're moving forward with the star-flag and the cannon as their logo set, it's a much stronger brand over all, and THAT makes it an upgrade.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I like the hat, it says far more about the team name than the cannon, but if they're moving forward with the star-flag and the cannon as their logo set, it's a much stronger brand over all, and THAT makes it an upgrade.

I agree. The hat definitely fits the team name more, but the cannon has become such a big part of the organization now. Stronger brand indeed!

Patch-0680.jpg

CHIEFS - BLUE JACKETS - CARDINALS

CIdlckPWUAAcQeu.png

Reminds me of the Army "A" from 2006 - 2014.

It's damn near the same A as the A in the Arizona Cardinals wordmark:

4609.gif

CIdzdySUcAIhCiT.jpg

Note there's no front number because of the patch...huge upgrade.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Coyotes-Love em!! A big upgrade in my opinion. The lack of hem stripes doesn't really bother me. Boat floater at the end of a kinda bad day for me!

Avalanche-The new patch looks good but the foot was better.

And the Oilers alternate looks awesome!

I'm laughing so hard at Arizona's new uniforms. Much like the team itself, they're awful and definitely will not sell well. Edmonton's new uniform, is sweet! I'd want one, except I'd have to endure the embarrassment of wearing an Oilers jersey in this era of futility. :lol:

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Patch-0691.jpg

Downgrade.

total downgrade. Too much white space, and it's a logo that wasn't designed to be used in this application and it's not better than the hat logo.

I am livid.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm totally underwhelmed by the Coyotes' uniforms. Better, I guess, but still not very good. The Avs' shoulder patch reminds me of the Cubs (yes, I know it's from the Colorado state flag), rest of uniform is still bad. Beej patch, whatever.

Boy, sure don't have a lot of logo thoughts for the logo board. Gonna go post more about a silly movie from fourteen years ago, I guess.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Patch-0691.jpg

Downgrade.

total downgrade. Too much white space, and it's a logo that wasn't designed to be used in this application and it's not better than the hat logo.

I am livid.

Tell us how you really feel...

My gut feeling is that the CBJ eventually use this as the primary down the road. I think it looks great in that color scheme and I would be perfectly fine with it as the primary if/when they get new uni's. I love it.

Patch-0691.jpg

Downgrade.

I am livid.

Tell us how you really feel...

My gut feeling is that the CBJ eventually use this as the primary down the road. I think it looks great in that color scheme and I would be perfectly fine with it as the primary if/when they get new uni's. I love it.

That slippery slope is precisely what I'm worried about. The Cflag logo is superior as a logo in every way to the cannon. Plus, the hat logo was designed to match the primary. The cannon logo was designed with a different goal in mind entirely. It clashes.

Doesn't help that I just this past December pulled the trigger on Blue Jackets authentic jersey. I could've waited and gotten it with the far better Kepi Logo on severe discount.

PvO6ZWJ.png

CIdKGfZUcAAAPDF.jpg

CIdJNdXUwAA8Vcj.jpg

No need for a change in Colorado

Downgrade in Glendale

Cubs should sue. :) EDIT: I joke, but after further consideration, maybe they really should to prevent that application. They are one donut hole away from the cap logo, flag or no flag.

Good news about the Coyotes is the black alt could be full kachina. Do it!

And a real missed opportunity by CBJ to remind everyone they were ahead of the lime curve ... I mean, if they were replacing the patch anyway. Just one fluorescent green outline added to the gray-navy-red already there.

I'm totally underwhelmed by the Coyotes' uniforms. Better, I guess, but still not very good. The Avs' shoulder patch reminds me of the Cubs (yes, I know it's from the Colorado state flag), rest of uniform is still bad. Beej patch, whatever.

Boy, sure don't have a lot of logo thoughts for the logo board. Gonna go post more about a silly movie from fourteen years ago, I guess.

It reminds me of the cubs as well, and I see the Colorado flag everyday.

I don't like the new patch at all. It's rather lifeless in the Avs color scheme, and recoloring flags never looks good to me. Plus, the yeti foot was a perfect shoulder patch logo.

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived